Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do You Ride Motorcycles?

Poll

Do You Ride Motorcycles?

Yes, I ride Dirt and Street
- 3 (7.9%)
Yes, I ride Dirt
- 2 (5.3%)
Yes, I ride Street
- 7 (18.4%)
No, But I Wish I Could
- 11 (28.9%)
No, I have no desire to
- 15 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Do You Ride Motorcycles?  (Read 21965 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Do You Ride Motorcycles?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 05:02:56 PM »

I like them ones that have the two wheels in the front.  I think Bombardier makes them. 

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »

I like them ones that have the two wheels in the front.  I think Bombardier makes them. 

Can-Am Spyder. Looks fun.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »

Yep. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »

I want a little 125cc scooter too.  Just for zipping around the neighborhood.  Would be a fun little toy.

I test rode the can am spyder at one of the demos here in SoCal.  It's cool.  I think they'd be very difficult to flip.  But it was too much like riding a quad on the street (minus the flipping part).  I wouldn't mind owning one, but it'd be pretty far down the list on my priorities as far as motorcycling is concerned.  It was fun to ride, but not as fun as a 2-wheeler for me.

Anyways, I finally got down to business on my old gargantuan 20L gas tank for my KTM I ordered of German E-bay.  Wet sanding large motorcycle parts in an expensive tile shower = love. lol.  The paint job is 60% complete.  I'll post an image when its done.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »

I want a little 125cc scooter too.  Just for zipping around the neighborhood.  Would be a fun little toy.

You can get a 250 Ninja and do short highway jaunts too.  You can ride a 250 at 14 in OK so we have a lot of them.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »

You can get a 250 Ninja and do short highway jaunts too.  You can ride a 250 at 14 in OK so we have a lot of them.
Yeah, my roommate got a 250 Ninja for his first bike last year.  It was tons of fun.  The fact that it revved to like 16k rpm was awesome.  But I think my KTM 400 is perfect for the short highway jaunt role right now.  I'd rather get ridiculous and get a tiny scooter just for short zipping around.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »

One of my coworkers got one of those.  She likes it.  It looks almost like a snowmobile on wheels.

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »

One of my coworkers got one of those.  She likes it.  It looks almost like a snowmobile on wheels.

Yes, it's a ski-do on a trailer. It completely defeats the point of a motorcycle. You still get stuck behind big vehicles in traffic and it looks stupid. You still need a parking space and it looks stupid.
Liberate America!

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »

If it were a girl riding it she'd be hot.  It's a dude, he looks like a girl.

This is the only one that makes sense.  For the Trailer pullers. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:30:27 PM by Ecolitan »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/france-the-massive-motorcycle-protest-of-this-weekend.htm

I guess the French aren't that lame after all, 10,000 bikers protest in Paris.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »

I guess the French aren't that lame after all, 10,000 bikers protest in Paris.

Yeah, protesting that they don't get enough government favors.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

davann

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »

all over L.A. freeways for a year. Twice, drivers ran into me without looking, and the 3rd time the damage was too much to recover.

My reasoning for not getting a bike remains valid. While not L.A. we do get plenty of of S. Cali drivers here which is bad enough. Throw in the added distraction of the all the pretty lights and it is just a matter of time before I'd be a smear under some Cali's tire.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2010, 12:29:03 PM »

all over L.A. freeways for a year. Twice, drivers ran into me without looking, and the 3rd time the damage was too much to recover.

My reasoning for not getting a bike remains valid. While not L.A. we do get plenty of of S. Cali drivers here which is bad enough. Throw in the added distraction of the all the pretty lights and it is just a matter of time before I'd be a smear under some Cali's tire.
Last time I was in Vegas on my Connie I was stuck in traffic on the strip next to a cop car with two cops in it.  I motioned the "roll your window down" arm pump to them and asked them "Hey, is lane sharing legal for me here in Nevada?  Can I cruise up through this traffic in between all of these cars?"  The cops laughed and said "Oh I don't know, why don't you try it and find out!"  Fail.  At that point was 95% sure that CA is the only state with legal lane sharing so I didn't take the bait.

davann

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »

Last time I was in Vegas on my Connie I was stuck in traffic on the strip next to a cop car with two cops in it.  I motioned the "roll your window down" arm pump to them and asked them "Hey, is lane sharing legal for me here in Nevada?  Can I cruise up through this traffic in between all of these cars?"  The cops laughed and said "Oh I don't know, why don't you try it and find out!"  Fail.  At that point was 95% sure that CA is the only state with legal lane sharing so I didn't take the bait.

Yep illegal in Nevada. They were baiting you. Slot machines are not the only way to fleece a cali.

Still, I do see this manuever in city traffic. I am guesing the riders are from cali and do not know the rules. Tends to really piss people off. It is amazing what a bad name driving wise Californians have with everyone else. I know people that won't even let someone from California even drive the golf cart if they round out a foursome.

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »

I hate to say it but I agree with the Southpark episode http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do You Ride Motorcycles?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 37 queries.