Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do You Play Video Games???

Poll

Do You Play Video Games???

Yes
- 22 (64.7%)
No
- 3 (8.8%)
Passionately
- 7 (20.6%)
"gamers" need a bullet to the head and send the bill to the family
- 2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do You Play Video Games???  (Read 15860 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Do You Play Video Games???
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:07:17 AM »

WTF??? No one foot on the ground rule? What kind of classless fucking game is that anyway? Maybe I'll just hop up on the table with some cockroach killer boots on and kick the fuckers in the pockets with my feet, Jose Cuervo bottle in hand.

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Amazing Richard

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:25:22 AM »

WTF??? No one foot on the ground rule? What kind of classless fucking game is that anyway? Maybe I'll just hop up on the table with some cockroach killer boots on and kick the fuckers in the pockets with my feet, Jose Cuervo bottle in hand.

Hehe. I'm pretty sure the rules have not changed. I'm guessing he was just trying to line up a shot, but the pic makes it look like he was taking a shot. But, maybe the official rules have changed, but I kinda think he was just trying to line up a shot.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 03:20:42 AM »

I don't get. Not only are grown men still playing video games, but the media appears to promote such things as if it is OK for grown men to play video games.

How did this happen? I don't understand.

Sometimes... dudes ask me to play video games with them, and I'm like, "Dude, I don't play video games anymore. That was a very long time ago when I used to play video games. Why are you asking me to play video games with you? Why don't we just get drunk instead, and forget about these video games?"

I don't understand what the thing is with the video games, these days. I can think of like a million things to do, and video games does not even pop into my mind, amongst my millions of considerations.

Can anybody explain to me why grown men are still playing video games?

how old are you and what am I supposed to do in my spare time? troll some internet forums like a real man?

and men have always played game, whether it is playing ping pong, cards, or pub games, video games are just a new way to play, or do you think all video games are like Pokemon or something

I like competition, but i'm too fat and lazy to join a football team or find a group for paintball so I play video games, And going out for paintball every day would be expensive

Amazing Richard

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »

I decided to download a free "video game", and try it out. It's a video game about shooting pool, and I've been messing around with it for a couple dayz. I was surprised that this game (which is actually more like a "simulator"...according to my definition) has the option of playing on a full length 12 foot (scaled) snooker table, which is pretty cool.

The regular smaller 8 ball table is a lot easier to deal with, but in the end, this video game is not good enough for me.

The "AI" (Artificial Intelligence) opponent always kicks my ass. I know how to play pool, and I know how to play snooker, but the "AI" kicks my ass, BIG TIME.

You can't shoot pool on a computer screen! That's bullshit! Fuck "AI". It's bullshit, man.

But when the "AI" is kicking my ass....it does a good job at setting up the next shot, and I think I can learn something from that.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »

"Mine Things" as advertised by FTL.

Um, what? I cant figure out how to actually play it. Do you just auction random stuff? How do you mine?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »

I play World of Warcraft and I do it because I enjoy it. Why should I stop playing or doing something I enjoy just because I am 34

pete1071

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 01:52:55 AM »

I've been part of the original video game generation since 1981 when I got my Atari 2600.
Combat, Breakout, Asteroids, Missile Command, Pac-Man (remember that cheesy 2600 version, nothing like real pac-man?)
That was back in the days when video games didn't even have a pause button. I played Missile until my butt actually fell asleep on me.

I spent most of the 80's as a teenager hanging out in video arcades at the mall.
I even worked on a few games in the 90's (Tonka construction, Virtual Springfield, a "Gen-13" comic based game that never got released)

To be honest I find passive entertainment like movies & TV really boring.

These days I spend most of my gaming time playing Lord of the Rings Online or Minecraft. I played a little Fallout3:New vegas recently, but it's kinda empty and boring. I'm looking forward this fall to Skyrim & Star Wars: Old republic.

I like games of all kinds. Even simple ones like windows solitare.

Video games are for all ages. Even my 68 year old mom spends tons of time on mahjong & solitare. I hear the sound effects in the background when I call her. My sister is 47 & her husband is 49,  I frequently join them in quests in Lord of the Rings Online.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »

I play World of Warcraft and I do it because I enjoy it. Why should I stop playing or doing something I enjoy just because
 I am 34

thats a about the average age of video gamers
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bentley Riley

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »

I’m crazy about playing games. I love to play FPS and strategy games. I mostly play with my friends on Multiplayer mode. It is much more fun than playing them on my own.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 01:38:08 PM »

I’m crazy about playing games. I love to play FPS and strategy games. I mostly play with my friends on Multiplayer mode. It is much more fun than playing them on my own.

Are you....what? Are spammers getting better?

Also, I started my own minecraft server if anyone wants to play with me! Its just a small one from my laptop, created specifically to plan a special surprise for another server. But I've said to much!

Message me if anyone wants to play sometime.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 08:28:14 PM »

Are you....what? Are spammers getting better?

Also, I started my own minecraft server if anyone wants to play with me! Its just a small one from my laptop, created specifically to plan a special surprise for another server. But I've said to much!

Message me if anyone wants to play sometime.

Not sure.  Her two posts seem to be coherent and on-topic, even the links in her sig seems spam-ish.  It could just be her business *shrug*.

Anyway, I guess the thread is necro'd now, so I may as well reply.  I play video games occasionally now, but not nearly as much as I did when I was in school when I played every day for hours.  I favor RPGs and FPSs, though I haven't been playing any FPSs recently since I moved my desktop to a vacation place and haven't replaced it yet while I wait for Windows 8 to arrive.  I'm of the opinion that FPSs are only good with a mouse and keyboard, so the PS3 doesn't cut it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do You Play Video Games???

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.