Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  do you obey the law

Poll

what is your view about when/if you should follow the law

always, if I don't like it I should try to get it changed legally
- 6 (9.4%)
often, but only if it is for a good reason
- 12 (18.8%)
often, I don't want to get in trouble
- 14 (21.9%)
never, I only do what is right the law and I just happen to agree a lot
- 26 (40.6%)
never, I will look for opertunitys to break the law
- 1 (1.6%)
other
- 5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: do you obey the law  (Read 4629 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: do you obey the law
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

unprovoked crimes against against citizens- never.

light crimes against the gov- like rolling through a stop sign, etc. , probably have.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Kittenz

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »

Meh...

Jason Orr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 10:22:27 PM »

The law often corresponds with my behavior.  I don't behave the way I do because it's the law but because I believe it's either morally right or prudent.
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money”

--Alexis de Tocqueville

upperdeck

• submit and obey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »

I run stop lights when there is no one in the intersection and nobody sees me....I cheat as much as possible on my taxes...I break pretty much any law that I think is stupid or infringes on MY freedom and doesnt involve others...I go as far as I can without getting my ass put in jail.
Sometimes it just feels good to take a shit in the woods.

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 02:33:21 PM »

I don't travel faster than the speed of light, exist in two mutually exclusive states simultaneously, and I don't have a negative mass. These are the laws I obey. There aren't any other laws.

oatmealicious

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »

I don't travel faster than the speed of light, exist in two mutually exclusive states simultaneously, and I don't have a negative mass. These are the laws I obey. There aren't any other laws.

You don't follow the NAP?

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 06:20:47 PM »

Oh, I almost forgot--my wife and I are also perverts. We use the hot tub outside nude almost every night. I don't know for a fact, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some silly law against that.

I've probably broken a few laws just today and don't even know it. Not that that's any excuse. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse, you know. There's probably some law against eating fudge while driving, or mixing ham and corned beef on the same serving tray, or some other nonsense.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

bad_cab

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2007, 07:01:28 PM »

Oh, I almost forgot--my wife and I are also perverts. We use the hot tub outside nude almost every night. I don't know for a fact, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some silly law against that.

I've probably broken a few laws just today and don't even know it. Not that that's any excuse. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse, you know. There's probably some law against eating fudge while driving, or mixing ham and corned beef on the same serving tray, or some other nonsense.

dude you are awesome

Chronicles

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 12:56:53 AM »

I do most of the time (I tend to speed), but I don't like having to follow the law . I was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis at 12, and started toking at 14, and it completely relieved my pain. I won't do it now because I have children and am terrified that the government would take them away, and the Vicodin the doctor prescribed made me unable to function. Pleasant, but doesn't work when I need to take care of people. It cuts the time I can spend in my career pursuits quite a bit, and is generally uncomfortable.

I obey the law only because they hold what is most dear to me over my head.

Hologene Relapse

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 04:30:57 AM »

Law is mind without reason. -- Aristotle

lapafrax

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:25 PM »

if you can think of another answer post it in the thread. I wonder how people view the law. btw I don't consider speeding to count think more "crimes" that could result in jail time. and yes I know speeding can end up with jail time but you know what I mean.

No one should ever follow the law.  No bullshit legislature can tell me what to do.

Simply act freely whilst recognising the consequences of your actions.  That's all.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »

There's probably some law against eating fudge while driving, or mixing ham and corned beef on the same serving tray, or some other nonsense.

If there isn't there damn sure should be.

AntonLee

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »

I do most of the time (I tend to speed), but I don't like having to follow the law . I was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis at 12, and started toking at 14, and it completely relieved my pain. I won't do it now because I have children and am terrified that the government would take them away, and the Vicodin the doctor prescribed made me unable to function. Pleasant, but doesn't work when I need to take care of people. It cuts the time I can spend in my career pursuits quite a bit, and is generally uncomfortable.

I obey the law only because they hold what is most dear to me over my head.

that is a sad and distressing story Chronicles. . . I feel for you and your plight.  Have you seen "In Pot We Trust" . . . along the same lines as that poor woman that had to drive into the inner city to score some pot so she could function normally. . . . absolutely ridiculous, and you're right. . . they'd take your kids away. . .and any cop would have no problem morally with throwing you in a cell just to make his record look better.

someday, I hope that this changes. . . whether it be by law or by way of the gun. . . . someday, a gun and a shovel might be drug paraphanalia

if I could make a deal with the devil that would allow you to smoke pot without getting your kids taken away by giving up my own right to smoke pot. . . I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Chronicles

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »

that is a sad and distressing story Chronicles. . . I feel for you and your plight.  Have you seen "In Pot We Trust" . . . along the same lines as that poor woman that had to drive into the inner city to score some pot so she could function normally. . . . absolutely ridiculous, and you're right. . . they'd take your kids away. . .and any cop would have no problem morally with throwing you in a cell just to make his record look better.

someday, I hope that this changes. . . whether it be by law or by way of the gun. . . . someday, a gun and a shovel might be drug paraphanalia

if I could make a deal with the devil that would allow you to smoke pot without getting your kids taken away by giving up my own right to smoke pot. . . I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I did see "In Pot We Trust". It was so sad, but it is good to know there are people out in DC working to get it taken care of.

There are some anti-inflammatory herbs that I take as a tea that work really well most of the time, but when it gets cold it tends to hurt a lot more. I didn't mean to sound whiny, it's just been a difficult couple of weeks. I heard somewhere that MT is a medical marijuana state, so I will have to look into that further.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  do you obey the law

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.