Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do you listen to FTL / LRN.FM via the Free-to-Air Ku Band Satellite Channel?

Poll

Do you listen to FTL / LRN.FM via the Free-to-Air Ku Band Satellite Channel?

Yes
- 2 (4.2%)
No
- 35 (72.9%)
Huh?  What is Free-to-Air?
- 11 (22.9%)
I use it to feed a radio transmitter.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you listen to FTL / LRN.FM via the Free-to-Air Ku Band Satellite Channel?  (Read 31658 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Do you have the number of potential listeners in sat. footprint with a Ku setup?

^ This is not an answer because by "potential" he could have meant, "people that own a KU Band receiver" wherein the answer in the number of people on this map could be "10".

:mrgreen:
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene

I think RRSat said a couple million in the US.  Not sure about Mexico, Cuba, Canada.  I'd be interested in learning that.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Bill Brasky

Advertise in the newspapers in the places where you aren't heard on conventional radio.

Most cities have "Weekender" papers, which are given away to the locals. 

That would probably be more beneficial than "several hundred dollars a month" on broadcasting whale song into the cosmos.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

LRN needs to find some spanish speaking liberty lovers...

Bienvenido y gracias por su atención a la Red de Radio Libertad! No se deje atrapar escuchar esto, o sus líderes colectivista le intestinal tu como un pez. Gracias una vez más por correr el riesgo de daño físico, disfrutando LRN.FM!
j/k j/k

"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

ElGuapo

• View Profile
Re: Do you listen to FTL / LRN.FM via the Free-to-Air Ku Band Satellite Channel?
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:03 PM »

I want to listen on KU-band - it's probably the best option available to me in my area unless the local talker station gets a lot cooler. I'd like to feed a little pirate radio station too - well, something on the "legal" end of the "pirate" spectrum. I have been planning for about a year now to get the KU-band setup and to set up a small transceiver, but it's not an expense I can readily bear and there's been no end to the emergency expenses popping up this past year.

WLFC777

• View Profile
    • Memphis Talk Radio
Robin Hodders
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »

I love what is going on in NH keep it up guys!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do you listen to FTL / LRN.FM via the Free-to-Air Ku Band Satellite Channel?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 37 queries.