Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  do you endorse freedom of speech on the bbs?

Poll

free speech?

yes
- 24 (53.3%)
no
- 21 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: do you endorse freedom of speech on the bbs?  (Read 12875 times)

Taors

Re: do you endorse freedom of speech on the bbs?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »

It's so sad how so many of you can't even answer one simple fucking question.

IAN'S PROPERTY. GOT IT. CRYSTAL CLEAR. UNDERSTAND. IAN'S PROPERTY. CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION WITHOUT SAYING THIS IN EVERY GOD DAMN POST? YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU? BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE. GOT IT. IAN'S PROPERTY.

it's all the argument anyone needs as well.  Clear and concise, and because everyone wants to whine and cry about it, you started your own bbs where you can call people n-words and whine and cry about what happens here.  Oh yeah. . . Ian's property.

haha

No, it's not a fucking argument because it doesn't even relate to the question. The question was, do you support freedom of speech on this BBS? He didn't ask you whether or not you think Ian should regulate speech on here. He wanted to know what YOU think about speech on the FTL BBS (it's really a yes or no question).

We started our own BBS because we're tired of the bullshit and the trolls here. If you weren't someone who just fucking registered and had any idea what you were even talking about, I'd consider explaining myself a little more thoroughly to you, but it seems to me you're just a new guy trying to look cool by hopping on this bandwagon. Sorry Mr. Lee, but you're not. You look like a little kid trying to tag along with everybody else and have no real opinion of your own.

AntonLee

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 08:01:41 AM »

IAN'S PROPERTY. GOT IT. CRYSTAL CLEAR. UNDERSTAND. IAN'S PROPERTY. CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION WITHOUT SAYING THIS IN EVERY GOD DAMN POST? YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU? BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE. GOT IT. IAN'S PROPERTY.

it's all the argument anyone needs as well.  Clear and concise, and because everyone wants to whine and cry about it, you started your own bbs where you can call people n-words and whine and cry about what happens here.  Oh yeah. . . Ian's property.

haha

No, it's not a fucking argument because it doesn't even relate to the question. The question was, do you support freedom of speech on this BBS? He didn't ask you whether or not you think Ian should regulate speech on here. He wanted to know what YOU think about speech on the FTL BBS (it's really a yes or no question).

We started our own BBS because we're tired of the bullshit and the trolls here. If you weren't someone who just fucking registered and had any idea what you were even talking about, I'd consider explaining myself a little more thoroughly to you, but it seems to me you're just a new guy trying to look cool by hopping on this bandwagon. Sorry Mr. Lee, but you're not. You look like a little kid trying to tag along with everybody else and have no real opinion of your own.

if that were true I'd bitch and cry about it for hours on end like you guys seem to be doing.

I don't need to try and look cool, I AM cool. . . I registered long enough to read the posts, and I understand the idea of PRIVATE PROPERTY. . . good, go create a new competing bbs. . . where you can post pics of your dick and call people n-words. . . good that's freedom for you!  I have plenty of idea what's going on, it's very basic for me. . . sorry if you're trying to make things more difficult than they are. . .

people come into my house, squat and shit on my floor, I'm removing them from my property.  Same with Ian. . . only difference is they have people like you whining about freedom of speech on public property, as you're sitting in his living room showing your dicks.  Lol. . . whatever. . . if it doesn't offend the owner. . then it's fine. . . . when you can go find a publicly owned bbs to talk on, you should be allowed to say whatever racial slurs you'd like.

I appreciate your replies to all my posts that are most clearly not directed at you. . . I know you like to pick on people when they are new, . . . registration aside. . . I'm not new to anything. . . . I've been here quite a while

pretty much this is hilarious, you make me laugh. . . quite entertaining killing your freedom of speech on private property arguments quite quickly and easily.

besides, the bandwagon seems to be of whining crying little babies. . . no need for that bs bandwagon.

Taors

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 08:03:09 AM »

haha

if that were true I'd bitch and cry about it for hours on end like you guys seem to be doing.

I don't need to try and look cool, I AM cool. . . I registered long enough to read the posts, and I understand the idea of PRIVATE PROPERTY. . . good, go create a new competing bbs. . . where you can post pics of your dick and call people n-words. . . good that's freedom for you!  I have plenty of idea what's going on, it's very basic for me. . . sorry if you're trying to make things more difficult than they are. . .

people come into my house, squat and shit on my floor, I'm removing them from my property.  Same with Ian. . . only difference is they have people like you whining about freedom of speech on public property, as you're sitting in his living room showing your dicks.  Lol. . . whatever. . . if it doesn't offend the owner. . then it's fine. . . . when you can go find a publicly owned bbs to talk on, you should be allowed to say whatever racial slurs you'd like.

I appreciate your replies to all my posts that are most clearly not directed at you. . . I know you like to pick on people when they are new, . . . registration aside. . . I'm not new to anything. . . . I've been here quite a while

pretty much this is hilarious, you make me laugh. . . quite entertaining killing your freedom of speech on private property arguments quite quickly and easily.

besides, the bandwagon seems to be of whining crying little babies. . . no need for that bs bandwagon.

Whatever you want to think, chief. Too bad you still couldn't answer the mother fucking question.

AntonLee

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »

chief, kiddo, sport. . . inferiority complex. . . no worries I won't use that same sad tactic, I've grown up from that era of time.. . . you're probably right I should hop on the crybaby bitch bandwagon.

nah. . .all set, I've got better things to do than argue with some crying bitches. . . . besides. . .I checked out that "Freer" site. . .and I saw a post that says. . . "some FSP members are not welcome here"  oh. . .and it looks like you wrote it. . . . funny isn't it. . . all the whining about not respecting people's right to use the n-word and be completely and utterly racist, to allow more freedom than you have here on Ian's property haha. .. but yet, you're going to not welcome new certain people. . .

funny, I thought it was free for all. . . hypocrites. . . of the HIGHEST degree.

Taors

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »

chief, kiddo, sport. . . inferiority complex. . . no worries I won't use that same sad tactic, I've grown up from that era of time.. . . you're probably right I should hop on the crybaby bitch bandwagon.

nah. . .all set, I've got better things to do than argue with some crying bitches. . . . besides. . .I checked out that "Freer" site. . .and I saw a post that says. . . "some FSP members are not welcome here"  oh. . .and it looks like you wrote it. . . . funny isn't it. . . all the whining about not respecting people's right to use the n-word and be completely and utterly racist, to allow more freedom than you have here on Ian's property haha. .. but yet, you're going to not welcome new certain people. . .

funny, I thought it was free for all. . . hypocrites. . . of the HIGHEST degree.

Did you see the word some? People like Porcupine_from_MA and Keith and Stuff are certainly welcome, and they're both rabid FSP members. The people I was referring to know who they are, but they already have me on ignore anyway.

The only reason I talk down to you is because of your constant use of the words crybaby and bitches. Cause and effect, dickhead.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 10:17:50 AM »

Does freedom of speech (in the sense that you have the right to say whatever you want to say) ever exist on private property?  I don't think so.  So there you have it.  I don't "support" freedom of speech on this BBS because it exists (or would exist) only by the indulgence of Ian.  Frankly, if I had a problem with his rules I would leave.

Travis

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »

N
O

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 08:09:19 PM »

I say abandon all rules on what can and can't be posted, and then ban people at will. ;)

trollfreezone

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:43 PM »

No.

upperdeck

• submit and obey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 11:59:18 PM »

NO...the user agreement is the 1st admendment of this bbs
Sometimes it just feels good to take a shit in the woods.

JYOOP

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 01:22:18 AM »

After listening to FTL and a half hour of why someone was banned I sent Ian an email and told him to say it is his property here.  It is just fact.  Enough is enough.  http://forum.petmeats.com  Open for all but I don't control it.  So enter at your own risk and bee happy!!!

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 01:28:05 AM »

After listening to FTL and a half hour of why someone was banned I sent Ian an email and told him to say it is his property here.  It is just fact.  Enough is enough.  http://forum.petmeats.com  Open for all but I don't control it.  So enter at your own risk and bee happy!!!

They talked about it on the show?  Jesus Christ, they must be hard up for material. 

JYOOP

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 01:47:28 AM »

They talked about it on the show?  Jesus Christ, they must be hard up for material. 
yes, it was a half hour. On and on and on.... As far as I am concerned FTL can do whatever pleases them.  FTL is in control here!

AntonLee

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 08:40:30 AM »

no that forum is not open to all, it is open to ""select"" people...

just like a rogue government the leader is choosing who stays or goes.

the FACT that I am here posting on the FREETALKLIVE forum is a great example of Ians tolerence.

the rules here are few, there is a thread that people are posting photos of thier ""junk" for goodness
sakes.. It has been requested the N word not be used. pretty simple if you ask me

see we definately agree on some things John lol

trollfreezone

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »

no that forum is not open to all, it is open to ""select"" people...

just like a rogue government the leader is choosing who stays or goes.

the FACT that I am here posting on the FREETALKLIVE forum is a great example of Ians tolerence.

the rules here are few, there is a thread that people are posting photos of thier ""junk" for goodness
sakes.. It has been requested the N word not be used. pretty simple if you ask me

You can't say "nigger" here?  I was under the understanding you can't be racist here (something completely different, in my mind, but it could include the use of the word "nigger.")
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  do you endorse freedom of speech on the bbs?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.