Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do you "Support New Hampshire"

Poll

Do you support "New Hampshire"?

Yes
- 3 (6.7%)
No
- 1 (2.2%)
I support the FSP
- 19 (42.2%)
I support pics of hot New Hampshirewomen holding guns
- 20 (44.4%)
RAD
- 2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you "Support New Hampshire"  (Read 16893 times)

blackie

Re: Do you "Support New Hampshire"
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2009, 11:37:39 AM »

Somehow I don't see 6 people in the NH state house making much of a difference. Just ain't happening. You can't vote your way to freedom.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »

Somehow I don't see 6 people in the NH state house making much of a difference. Just ain't happening. You can't vote your way to freedom.
You can't vote your way to anarchy but you can damn well vote your way to a dramatically reduced state. If voting doesn't matter, how do you explain the fact that NH has no income/sales tax, no seat belt law, etc?

For me, the whole strategy is to get around 30 libertarians in the House. That's enough to have a libertarian veto against just about any bad legislation there is -- swinging it for the R's or the D's depending on which one is less Statist on that particular bill.

Meanwhile, the R's are rapidly becoming "libertarianized". Check the NHLA scores from 2006 to 2008. Check the way they vote.

BonerJoe

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2009, 11:59:41 AM »

"Meanwhile, the R's are rapidly becoming "libertarianized""

Oh shut your whore mouth.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »

I don't know why it's so surprising. . .I met someone today who voted for McCain because Obama didn't wear an american flag pin enough.  UHHHHH!

When you deal with people, people are only as smart as the stupidest person in it.

Well then, shut up. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »

I been a lot of places, and I've never been mistaken for that stereotype. They know who the ugly Americans are, and they sound like...Texans. That accent is very distinct, and it is usually followed with an ignorant statement, so they are easily identifiable.

Uh, no.  Texans sound many different ways (as do ugly Americans), and most people outside of the United States couldn't tell you a Texan from an Arkansan if their life depended on it.   People just have a prejudice against Texans, which is exactly the point I was trying to make.  There are stupid, xenophobic people from all over the U.S.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »

BonerJoe

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »

The data supports the assertion. Sorry.
http://www.nhliberty.org/2006_liberty_rating
http://www.nhliberty.org/2007_liberty_rating
http://www.nhliberty.org/2008_liberty_rating

Someone who supports initiation of force is not a libertarian. Giving them a cutesy name of "libertarianised" is fucking retarded.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

Someone who supports initiation of force is not a libertarian. Giving them a cutesy name of "libertarianised" is fucking retarded.

Yep.

My main reason is I believe there are reasons when force is necessary, foreign and domestic.  Its foolish to believe otherwise. 

That makes you not an anarchist.  I'm not sure it makes you not a libertarian.

Who's gonna pay for the force? 

There ya go. 

From elsewhere.  It is failure. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »

Yep.

Their opinions would change as soon as some big public outcry happened.

"OH THOSE REAL LIBERTARIANS IN THE HOUSE ARE TRYING TO DECRIMINILIZE PROSTITUTION! WE MUST DO SOMETHING NOW!"

sinceredagreat

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »

I been a lot of places, and I've never been mistaken for that stereotype. They know who the ugly Americans are, and they sound like...Texans. That accent is very distinct, and it is usually followed with an ignorant statement, so they are easily identifiable.

Uh, no.  Texans sound many different ways (as do ugly Americans), and most people outside of the United States couldn't tell you a Texan from an Arkansan if their life depended on it.   People just have a prejudice against Texans, which is exactly the point I was trying to make.  There are stupid, xenophobic people from all over the U.S.

Now you are playing semantics. You know exactly what Texans I am talking about, and you are playing coy.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »

Houston's traffic isn't any worse than Dallas's, and it's cleaned up a lot over the past ten years.
I guess that means Dallas traffic sucks. And fucking tolls suck.

Get a TollTag or whatever the Houston version is (they're interchangeable).
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

blackie

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »

Houston's traffic isn't any worse than Dallas's, and it's cleaned up a lot over the past ten years.

Fuck that.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:08 PM »

Now you are playing semantics. You know exactly what Texans I am talking about, and you are playing coy.

Of course I do.  My point is that not all Texans are like that by far, and neither is that kind of thing restricted to Texas.  That's all I'm trying to say-- that Texas is the state people always mention, but in reality that crap is all over the states, particularly in the South. 

I'll just say that I like living here, and there are few other states that I'd care to live in...and those would be mainly for the geography (Colorado, Hawaii) or politics (New Hampshire).   

BonerJoe

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:19 PM »

Fuck that.

This.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

That also gives them a better notion of how big the United States is as a whole, and how ridiculous it is then to make generalizations about what all Americans are like. 

This is why I really can't stand you sincere, you whine about how other people are racist then you go and make racist, prejudice comments about the people from Texas.

Pocho
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Do you "Support New Hampshire"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 38 queries.