Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Cop or Soldier?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cop or Soldier?  (Read 5843 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Cop or Soldier?
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »

http://www.theagitator.com/2012/01/16/take-the-quiz/

I got 13/21 correct.  Pretty shocking, you honestly cannot tell the difference between these paramilitary cops and actual soldiers in many cases.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

One two three

• View Profile
Re: Cop or Soldier?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »

I got 11, does that mean I win?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »

13/21 here too! 62%

Lucky I did that well. They all looked military.

If they looked a bit out of shape, I picked "cop". That was the only thing I went on. There were no donut boxes or Starbucks cups lying around to give em away or anything.

Tricky.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

LoveFreedomAndLiberty

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »

Score=86
18 right, 3 wrong
It was hard to tell though.  I tried to look at the landscapes, because just looking at the people I could not tell the difference.

Zimobog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »

I got 17 right. You can tell on some of them if you know what the military are using for vechicals and what they are not, if they are using mixed types of camo (come on cops, noone serious is wearing "woodland" camo anymore  :P), the caliber and type of weapons, and mixed helmet types in the same squads.

The ones that suprised me were the military ones that looked "cop like" (cause of the small caliber firearms like 9mm H&K), and the one with the M60 on his APC but I should have caught that since the military stopped using the m60 like a decade ago. The scruffy military guys threw me off, too but what the hell they must have been from Eastern Europe or something.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 02:09:22 AM »

I got 13 right. I guess when posse comitatus is is suspended, it wont matter much anyways.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

I got 11, does that mean I win?

We all lose.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »

I got 18/21. Probably would have gotten them all if I'd actually paid attention.

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

19 right. And I was in the Marines for 7 years. It's pretty sickening to think about how the lines are blended.

Most of it you can tell, like Zimobog said, by checking to see what their wearing and how their wearing it. Vehicle color is another. Black helmets are also a big give away for modern American warfighters. If it's plain, w/o a cover, they're going to be od green or coyote brown.

Two threw me still. The m60 and armored vehicle. Really, I knew the M60 was gone, except for certain sf type units, but really why would law enforcement need an M60?!

The other one with the Army DPU and the armored vehicle. Yes, the vehicle was shiny (not military) but they were all uniformly decked out in Army DPU.

I missed one that looked like a couple of soldiers in Afghanistan. Didn't see the black helmet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Cop or Soldier?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.