Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  College Football

Poll

Are you a fan of College Football

Yes - destroy the minds of those kids
- 8 (33.3%)
No - I'm too Intelligent for that barbaric sport
- 5 (20.8%)
Who cares
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes - I love socer
- 0 (0%)
No - Pro is where it's at
- 2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 3782 times)

phantomofroute66

Re: College Football
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 09:45:47 AM »

UT couldn't hang! Cal (and the Pac 10) win 45-31. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3001510

Play the video and check out the run back by DeSean Jackson. It was amazing to see in person!

It was amazing.  He almost ran sideline to sideline, juking all the way, before he found an opening.  It reminded me of Foosball somehow. 

Thanks for giving Tennessee a good pounding.  They'll be nice and tender when we take our turn at 'em in 2 weeks.

Too bad there wasn't a Michigan fan on this thread.  As they say, that's why they play the games.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 09:49:14 AM by phantomofroute66 »

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 02:19:24 PM »

UT couldn't hang! Cal (and the Pac 10) win 45-31. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3001510

Play the video and check out the run back by DeSean Jackson. It was amazing to see in person!

It was amazing.  He almost ran sideline to sideline, juking all the way, before he found an opening.  It reminded me of Foosball somehow. 

Thanks for giving Tennessee a good pounding.  They'll be nice and tender when we take our turn at 'em in 2 weeks.

Too bad there wasn't a Michigan fan on this thread.  As they say, that's why they play the games.

Thanks for all the praise...however, now I will be rooting for Tennessee to beat everyone they play! GO VOLS!  :lol:

Don't blame me. Blame the system.
Pocho

phantomofroute66

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »

Will Notre Dame-Michigan be pay-per-view only this week?

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 09:06:35 AM »

I am not really sure how anyone can be in favor of school bureaucrats raking in millions of dollars a season by allowing kids to have their bodies abused on a daily basis without pay. I find it disgusting myself.

phantomofroute66

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 10:07:52 AM »

The athlete's relationship to the institution is voluntary.  The student-athlete as gladiator-slave is an overworked concept.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »

Sure, it's voluntary. I would never suggest that there should be a law or a violent opposition to it. Our support of the system is also voluntary, though. If enough people stop supporting it, then the system will have to change the way it operates.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  College Football

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 37 queries.