Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  College Football

Poll

Are you a fan of College Football

Yes - destroy the minds of those kids
- 8 (33.3%)
No - I'm too Intelligent for that barbaric sport
- 5 (20.8%)
Who cares
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes - I love socer
- 0 (0%)
No - Pro is where it's at
- 2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 3780 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
College Football
« on: August 30, 2007, 02:09:27 AM »

I know this is political type board, however I was wondering how many of you all follow the mind numbing, young brain scrambling, screw yer knees up so you can't walk when your old sport of college football. :lol: The season starts this Saturday and I'm getting pumped! My Bears need to get past that nasty militia of Tennessee of Volunteers in order to be considered a legitimate contender. 

Anyone else out there that is looking forward to this season?

GO BEARS! 8)
Pocho

One two three

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:56:36 AM »

Da Bears?  Go UT!
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

phantomofroute66

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:14:40 AM »

GO GATORS!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:51:30 PM by phantomofroute66 »

sms5150

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:19 AM »

Oh, it's on now...

Go DAWGS! Sic 'em! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

(So I'll be pulling for the Bears this weekend, too.) Funny how the SEC fans are the first to pile on this question.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:35:28 AM by sms5150 »

phantomofroute66

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »

Oh, it's on now...

Go DAWGS! Sic 'em! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

(So I'll be pulling for the Bears this weekend, too.) Funny how the SEC fans are the first to pile on this question.

Gotta root for my SEC brethren.  If Cal wins, it'll help USC's SOS and hurt ours, all without putting the Vols in an early hole in the SEC East.  It's the kind of thing that helped decide whether Michigan or Florida got into the Big Game last year.

sms5150

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 01:41:40 PM »

If Cal wins, it'll help USC's SOS and hurt ours, all without putting the Vols in an early hole in the SEC East.  It's the kind of thing that helped decide whether Michigan or Florida got into the Big Game last year.

You and your damn logic!   :D

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:04:13 PM »

Gotta root for my SEC brethren.  If Cal wins, it'll help USC's SOS and hurt ours, all without putting the Vols in an early hole in the SEC East.  It's the kind of thing that helped decide whether Michigan or Florida got into the Big Game last year.

I hate, and I mean hate USC! Even though they help our SOS when they beat anyone outside of our conference. I morally cannot root for them in any way.

I would just feel dirty.

Last years early loss to the Vols killed any hopes Cal had. I'm going to the game on Sat. and I will have no voice on Sunday. Our first game will dictate our season.

GO GATORS!!!

Nice job sneaking in there last year! OS was over rated, just like USC is this year.

Damn NCAA politics! We need freedom in College Football!

Pocho

tanstaafl1981

• Prepare to Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:19:57 PM »

F'n A...another UGA fan!!!  I miss the sight of thousands of coeds in red and black every saturday.

I'll leave you with a joke.

2 UF fans, a UGA fan,and Notre Dame fan were climbing a mountain one day.  Each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans at their alma mater.

As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all.   They argued all the way to the top, and when they reached, a Notre Dame fan hurled himself off the mountain, yelling " this one is for the Fighting Irish!"  as he fell to his doom.

Not wanting to be outdone, the UF fan threw himself off the mountain as well proclaiming, "This one is for the Gators"

Seeing this, the Georgia grad walked over and shouted, "This one is for the Bulldogs!"  and pushed the other Florida fan off the side of the mountain.
Hoje acordei sem lembrar, se vivi ou se sonhei

sms5150

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 09:10:46 PM »

:lol: +1 for the Silver Britches and +1 for Cal Dave for starting this thread. Thanks!

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 01:55:02 AM »

College football is getting killed in this poll! I guess we are the only ones who care.  :lol:

I kind of expected this kind of response.  :P

nice joke tanstaafl1981 +1.
Pocho

phantomofroute66

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 05:54:25 AM »

It's the "bread and circuses" thing.  It's what I prefer to things like video games, Second Life, etc.  We all need some sort of  entertainment to stay sane.  The discussions are a relief from the isolation I feel because of my political beliefs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:57:56 AM by phantomofroute66 »

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 01:17:24 PM »

I hate that my school cuts academic programs while paying the football coach 200K a year.  Our team sucks.  We're going up against the #1 seed, USC tomorrow and we're going to get our asses handed to us.  It's annoying. 

But I still wear school colors on Friday, because I like our mascot, and because the school spirit thing is sort of fun.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

phantomofroute66

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »

We're going up against the #1 seed, USC tomorrow and we're going to get our asses handed to us. 

For the privilege of handing your asses to you at the Coliseum without the courtesy of paying you a return visit, USC must write your school a nice, fat check to help you get a better team.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 12:59:03 AM »

UT couldn't hang! Cal (and the Pac 10) win 45-31. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3001510

Play the video and check out the run back by DeSean Jackson. It was amazing to see in person!
Pocho

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 04:27:48 AM »

We're going up against the #1 seed, USC tomorrow and we're going to get our asses handed to us.

For the privilege of handing your asses to you at the Coliseum without the courtesy of paying you a return visit, USC must write your school a nice, fat check to help you get a better team.

I think it will take many, many games like that to make our team not suck.  We're ranked 106 out of 119 teams nationally.  We're last in the WAC.  Vandal fans mostly just go get drunk (of course, this is the University of Idaho, we'd probably be getting drunk anyway).
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  College Football

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 38 queries.