Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Bikers suck!

Poll

If you could be a hardcore high-budget vagabond ...

1 wheel
- 5 (15.2%)
2 wheels
- 7 (21.2%)
3 wheels
- 2 (6.1%)
4 wheels
- 7 (21.2%)
5 wheels
- 1 (3%)
6 wheels
- 1 (3%)
8 wheels
- 0 (0%)
10 wheels
- 1 (3%)
12 wheels
- 0 (0%)
14 wheels
- 0 (0%)
16 wheels
- 0 (0%)
18 wheels
- 1 (3%)
20 wheels
- 0 (0%)
22 wheels
- 1 (3%)
More  (road train)
- 7 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bikers suck!  (Read 25543 times)

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
Re: Bikers suck!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2009, 03:37:25 PM »

Cal_Dave, I have homework for you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrett_meyers/3484903043/

Ah, the YamaHOG! :)

I have thought about where I want to go with mine. The only thing about this bike is that it is very quiet. Back in the early 80's it was not yet "cool" to blow people's ears off with your exhaust. So the OEM exhaust on my mother chicken is engineered for performance, not sound. 

I feel like if I were to go with some sort of bobber modification, I would need to change the exhaust. Not really something I want to do. But I will say that working on it is too much fun to just leave it as is.
Pocho

BobRobertson

• View Profile
Re: Bikers ride!
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:03 AM »

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/130-mph-Linux-Motorcycle

Nov 09, 2009
 It's big, black, fast, and appeals to Linux and motorcycle enthusiasts alike: the new E-motorcycle TTX02 from Mavizen.

Motorbike with Linux

The limited edition Mavizen TTX02 with Linux board-computer.

Whoever thought ''electro-motorcycles'' were heavy, slow, and probably ugly, never heard of Mavizen. The English company leads the field in carbon-free motorcycles and in Las Vegas last week unveiled its top of the range model for the 2010 racing season.

The TTX02 is the first electro racing bike with board-computer, USB, and IP address, enabling monitoring and tuning via integrated WLAN. At the heart of the 130 mph racing machine is a Linux system. The company has a limited number of TTX02 on offer: 50 units are available at around US$40,000 each.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 09:59:59 AM »

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/130-mph-Linux-Motorcycle

Nov 09, 2009
 It's big, black, fast, and appeals to Linux and motorcycle enthusiasts alike: the new E-motorcycle TTX02 from Mavizen.

Motorbike with Linux

The limited edition Mavizen TTX02 with Linux board-computer.

Whoever thought ''electro-motorcycles'' were heavy, slow, and probably ugly, never heard of Mavizen. The English company leads the field in carbon-free motorcycles and in Las Vegas last week unveiled its top of the range model for the 2010 racing season.

The TTX02 is the first electro racing bike with board-computer, USB, and IP address, enabling monitoring and tuning via integrated WLAN. At the heart of the 130 mph racing machine is a Linux system. The company has a limited number of TTX02 on offer: 50 units are available at around US$40,000 each.

Awesome!  :D

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »

www.xs650chopper.com

That's a serious rat-bike.

I had an xs650, it would rattle my teeth at speed. I much preferred going to 90 degree v-twin or v-4. It was very, very easy to work on, though, and I miss that.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »

www.xs650chopper.com

That's a serious rat-bike.

I had an xs650, it would rattle my teeth at speed. I much preferred going to 90 degree v-twin or v-4. It was very, very easy to work on, though, and I miss that.
V4's are a bitch.  Especially those Honda V65's.  Fuck pulling those carbs, you literally need a large pry bar to get them off.

I much prefer I-4's of the 1 L variety.  Much faster.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »

Properly embedded Fags clip:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKMLZXA8LJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKMLZXA8LJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Bikers suck!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 37 queries.