Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  At which age would you immortalize your body?

Poll

If you could make your body look any age for eternity, you'd look...

09, 10, 11
- 0 (0%)
12, 13, 14
- 2 (7.4%)
15, 16, 17
- 1 (3.7%)
18, 19, 20
- 3 (11.1%)
21, 22, 23
- 4 (14.8%)
24, 25, 26
- 5 (18.5%)
27, 28, 29
- 3 (11.1%)
30, 31, 32
- 5 (18.5%)
33, 34, 35
- 1 (3.7%)
36, 37, 38
- 1 (3.7%)
39, 40, 41
- 1 (3.7%)
42, 43, 44
- 0 (0%)
45, 46, 47
- 0 (0%)
48, 49, 50
- 0 (0%)
50s
- 0 (0%)
60s
- 0 (0%)
70s
- 0 (0%)
80s
- 0 (0%)
90s
- 0 (0%)
>100s
- 0 (0%)
No immortality tech for me, thanks
- 1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: At which age would you immortalize your body?  (Read 4908 times)

Alex Libman

At which age would you immortalize your body?
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »

Imagine by the time you're really old -- yaay! -- immortality has been invented!  You can "Benjamin Button" your body to look a younger age, then stay at that age forever.  What age would you choose?

(I guess you can't go younger than a certain age because your brain has to fit into the skull.)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: At which age would you immortalize your body?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »

Oh probably around 25.  Young enough to still be pretty attractive, but not teeny bopper young looking. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

MandaDanda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »

Oh probably around 25.  Young enough to still be pretty attractive, but not teeny bopper young looking. 

I chose 30 to 32 for the same reasons. Except I feel like I get taken slightly more seriously since turning 30.
Accuracy over tact.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »

I chose 30 to 32 for the same reasons. Except I feel like I get taken slightly more seriously since turning 30.

I did think about that before I posted what I did...and I think you might be right.  So I'm still left pondering my decision. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:19:24 AM »

Does that have more to do with your appearance or your actions?  Because you'd still mentally be yourself in this hypothetical scenario, no matter how old you look / feel.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:26:25 AM »

I did think about that before I posted what I did...and I think you might be right.  So I'm still left pondering my decision. 

I'm far healthier now than I was at 25, so I'd have to go with mid to late 30s. I wouldn't mind at all if the immortalization process smoothed away a few scars & stretch marks, though I'd rather be as I am now with them, than as I was a decade ago.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »

Does that have more to do with your appearance or your actions?  Because you'd still mentally be yourself in this hypothetical scenario, no matter how old you look / feel.

True, but people would still treat you as if you're the age that you look.  Remember in Interview with a Vampire, when Claudia throws a fit because Louis keeps buying her dolls even though she's mentally probably 30 years old? 

Even so, I'd say 17 for me since I was swim team then and had a kickass body, except that a) I got LASIK surgery at 22, so I'd have to get the surgery all over again, which would suck, and b) I couldn't drink legally, which would also suck. 

Edit: Oh, and also all of the other things you can't do legally unless you're 18 or older.  Hmm, never mind.  Better change it to 22. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:07:06 AM by Rillion »

patrickj

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:01:37 AM »

Its hard to say when i still have many years to live, but i'd say lower mid 20's.   

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »

I'd say now, at 25. I'm healthier than I've ever been and I'd rather be immortalized at this point than 30 because of the health problems I'm likely to have by then.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 01:32:54 PM »

I'd say now, at 25. I'm healthier than I've ever been and I'd rather be immortalized at this point than 30 because of the health problems I'm likely to have by then.

You'd be immortal, so you would not have health problems...would you?
Pocho

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »

Are you planning to lead a really hard life over the next five years? Taking up a sport or hobby that's likely to cause dismemberment or scarring?
Because you really do have a bit more time before you're hit with the ailments of age.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 01:47:24 PM »

I said 30.
Pocho

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »

You'd be immortal, so you would not have health problems...would you?

At 30?  She'd have immortal health problems, probably.  Imagine being immortal but with a bad back.  Suckage. 

Jetfire

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »

I would wanna be immortalized at 27. I wanna be in my prime but be taken seriously throughout life. I dont get much respect being 21. Most people judge me as some crazy irresponsible frat guy.

davann

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »

19. The allure of underage drinking would always be there. Nothing like getting the forbidden fruit to add some spice to it. Plus, who does not look good at 19? All the acne problems are done and the gangilness of the other teens years are through too. Also, it would far easier for me to obtain my goal for my mid life crisis.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  At which age would you immortalize your body?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.