Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Assuming you could...

Poll

Would you bear Stephen Hawking's children?

Yes
- 7 (30.4%)
No
- 16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assuming you could...  (Read 3645 times)

lordmetroid

• Agorist of the Libertarian Left
    • View Profile
Re: Assuming you could...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 07:06:01 PM »

smartness isn't all genes... His desiease mostly likely will transfer easier. Not worth the risk. Besides I am male... So no thank you, I don't find him the least sexy!

Taors

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »

smartness isn't all genes... His desiease mostly likely will transfer easier. Not worth the risk. Besides I am male... So no thank you, I don't find him the least sexy!

Damn dawg, you don't find wheelchairs sexy?

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 08:22:16 PM »

I hate that reasoning that smart people should have kids.  Smart people can have dumb kids too.

If intelligence is mostly genetics, smart people probably have that. If it is mostly upbringing, smart people probably have a smart way of bringing up children. Either way, it seems that there is a higher probability of smart people having smart offspring than dumb people having smart offspring.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

ButlerShafferRules

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:31 PM »

You know, looks aren't everything...

yeah...but they account for something...

plus, who's to say my dumbass genes wouldnt cancel out his genius genes....

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 02:08:40 AM »

I don't know how some parents do it.  Personally, I believe the best thing a parent can do for their child is to raise them to successfully utilize his or her skills, and the available resources to acquire the knowledge they need or desire, and further the skills they need to go through life on whatever path he or she may choose.  I'd rather see my children struggle to be happy, than to have it easy, still be miserable, and not understand some of life's simple pleasures. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 09:28:15 AM »

I don't know how some parents do it.  Personally, I believe the best thing a parent can do for their child is to raise them to successfully utilize his or her skills, and the available resources to acquire the knowledge they need or desire, and further the skills they need to go through life on whatever path he or she may choose.  I'd rather see my children struggle to be happy, than to have it easy, still be miserable, and not understand some of life's simple pleasures. 

Woman talk.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Assuming you could...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 37 queries.