Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Assassination

Poll

If you had reason to believe that the President would be assassinated, would you warn the Government?

Yes
- 4 (16.7%)
No
- 16 (66.7%)
Maybe so
- 4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Assassination  (Read 4023 times)

Balden

Assassination
« on: September 13, 2008, 10:26:06 PM »

???

(Inspired by The Twilight Zone)

Mayor Maximus

• Mayor Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Assassination
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:30:14 PM »

Yes, but only because I would like to be warned in the event of my own assassination attempt.
Maximus

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »

I'm inclined to say no.  But it's hard to tell without being put in the situation for real. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

bad_cab

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:22:28 AM »

I would if it were president Ron Paul or Mark Edge

Sam A. Robrin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »

I've often wondered, given a situation of being privy to some sort of plot or upcoming event--from terrorist attacks to poison in the water to space alien invasion--just how someone would go about spreading the word.  I can't imagine climbing on a horse and calling out "The ETs are coming!," and in today's political climate, possession of such sensitive information is more likely to get you locked up. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:48:51 AM by Sam A. Robrin »

Alex Libman

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:43 AM »

Well, if it meant a million dollar book deal...

bad_cab

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:47:11 AM »

I've often wondered, given a situation of being privy to some sort of plot or upcoming event--from terrorist attacks to poison in the water to space alien invasion--just how someone would go about spreading the word.  I can't imagine climbing on a horse and calling out "The ETs are coming!," and in today's political climate, possession of such sensitive informaiton is more likely to got you locked up. 

great point  :D

AntonLee

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:28:01 AM »

what about George W?   I'd say no, and I'd make the assassin a sandwich if I knew him.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »

I've often wondered, given a situation of being privy to some sort of plot or upcoming event--from terrorist attacks to poison in the water to space alien invasion--just how someone would go about spreading the word.  I can't imagine climbing on a horse and calling out "The ETs are coming!," and in today's political climate, possession of such sensitive informaiton is more likely to got you locked up. 

great point  :D

after your "questioning" in Syria...

NHArticleTen

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

"president" of WHAT...

exactly where is this voluntary full disclosure contract that I signed that says I'm ok with anyone else "classifying" me(or anyone else for that matter) as a "threat" and whisking me or those persons to Gitmo or Syria for some "water-recreation"...

it's all "nice" and "warm and fuzzy" til you are actually the one being kidnapped(from that "tail-light out" excuse of a "traffic stop" that begins your water-recreation trip)...

given that these conditions do exist, and they are "approved of" by the sheeple and the goon-squads, why would you allow yourself(your physical being) to be "possessed" kidnapped...even murdered by the mobocracy looter minions...

and...
back to the OP, OT, and OQ...

a rational, logical, and intelligent person pondering how many people across the globe "wish" for the untimely demise of some other planetary entity...

realize quite readily that it would be...and is...totally impossible to detect or deter a determined threat...

***note to goons reading this...OBVIOUSLY those SERIOUSLY considering such an action NEVER...EVER...share their thoughts with even ONE other***

which is exactly why ANY preemptive measures on such a broad ranging scope will be rift with false accusations and tail-chasing...

perhaps a person/president who was a student and advocate of the philosophically mature non-aggression principle could walk freely amongst the people as their equal...and certainly not their king or master...

but then that person would still have to worry about the military/industrial complex assassins or those from the global money-masters(Lincoln and Kennedy respectively)...

so...
in the final analysis...

what was the question again...

where are those "Minority Reports" anyways...

hmmmm....

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »

Yeah, I would. What would NOT reporting accomplish? All that would happen is another politician exactly the same would take power. In the end, there would be calls for "more security," etc. Also, the conspiracy nuts would have one more incident over which to cook up crackpot theories.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

NHArticleTen

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »

Yeah, I would. What would NOT reporting accomplish? All that would happen is another politician exactly the same would take power. In the end, there would be calls for "more security," etc. Also, the conspiracy nuts would have one more incident over which to cook up crackpot theories.

yeah...

cause no one was the least bit upset that Kennedy had started minting and circulating real money again...

you're right...the global money-masters would just let that one "slide"...

right...

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »

What would NOT reporting accomplish?

It would save me the time and energy it would take to preserve the life of a parasite.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

NHArticleTen

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 02:22:44 PM »

What would NOT reporting accomplish?

It would save me the time and energy it would take to preserve the life of a parasite.

SS huh...

ever wondered how they got that name...

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »

No. Never talk to the cops.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Assassination

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.