Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Anyone doing Black Friday 2009?

Poll

Anyone doing Black Friday 2009?

Yes
- 2 (22.2%)
I would if there was something I actually wanted to buy this year
- 1 (11.1%)
No
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone doing Black Friday 2009?  (Read 4243 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Anyone doing Black Friday 2009?
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:19 PM »

In past years I've gotten excited and even camped out at Best Buy for a good deal on a laptop, but this year, I can honestly say there is nothing that I want at any of the Black Friday deals.  I mean, I'd like a used dual sport XR650L, but there's not going to be any "Black Friday" deals on those.  And besides, I'm still several months away from that purchase anyways.

Anybody else feel this way?  Or are you guys going camping?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

BonerJoe

Re: Anyone doing Black Friday 2009?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:15:38 PM »

Not a fucking chance.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 01:33:15 AM »

Not buying anything. With a recession our money should be deflating, allowing us to buy things for smaller amounts of money, but things are still overpriced, and industry doesn't realize that yet.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 04:48:03 AM »

Not buying anything. With a recession our money should be deflating, allowing us to buy things for smaller amounts of money, but things are still overpriced, and industry doesn't realize that yet.
Yeah I agree.  But there is still a battle between inflation due to fiat monetary printing and the deflation that should be seen in a recession like the one we're in now.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »

Nah.. sittin' it out. I don't often buy anything anyway so I'm not too worried that whatever I can live without is gonna get away before I can snatch it.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 05:55:53 PM »

Now I really cant make it out. Got sick last night and almost hacked my lungs out. Was in bed all day, and just a few minutes ago became walking wounded.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »

Yep.  14 hours of work.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 09:57:32 PM »

I'll be working, but most likely not shopping. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »

Won't be going anywhere near the major shopping centers, as usual for this weekend. Might actually make a purchase this Black Friday though... nearby comic/game shop is setting up tables for many of the games they sell. We'll get to try out a few we haven't played before, and might buy one of the other Munchkin sets, or something called Red Dragon Inn.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »

I'll be working. Any desire I ever had to shop sales on Black Friday disappeared after my first Black Friday working retail. Tomorrow will be my sixth.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 12:49:44 AM »

I won't go near a store on any busy day if I don't have to.  This includes the July 3rd, the Saturday before xmas, and any other gotta-shop day.  Fuck that. 

Back in the day, I used to deliver meds for a pharmacy as low-man on the totem RX-tech kid.  I remember one Black Friday, some snooty bitch wanted a $2.49 bottle of generic tussin delivered to her townhouse, which was right up the road from the mall.  It took me an hour each way, and she didn't even tip.  The traffic was pure insanity, like a rock concert.  When the lights are green at midnight, you could travel that distance in two minutes.  The owners of the pharmacy didn't have a minimum order because some very important meds are extremely cheap.  The lazy fucking yenta whore even had the balls to say her place was the one with the gold Cadillac parked out front.   

I lose my cool in crowds of dicks, badly.  Its best avoided.  There is no item or savings that can coax me into the maelstrom, even if it was free.  Even if they paid me to take free shit.  I just have no love of stuff that bad, need it, or want it.  I can find bargains without torturing myself. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 06:02:32 AM »

There is no item or savings that can coax me into the maelstrom, even if it was free.  Even if they paid me to take free shit.  I just have no love of stuff that bad, need it, or want it.  I can find bargains without torturing myself. 

Well, there are some very good deals for me today at Toys R Us, but I'll go after noon on my way to work to see what the crazies have left.

Plus on stuff like electronics they always put the lower end stuff out cheap. I'd rather spend the extra $100 to get the better model anyways.

BonerJoe

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 06:19:44 AM »

LOL, just read this from a friend:

"I just got back from seeing the craziest thing I have ever seen. The midnight opening of TRU. Traffic backed up for a mile in two directions, the parking lot crammed, the people line over a half mile long. Now I understand why people shop online."

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »

Real hardcore tax resisters only shop in flea markets, and only buy things they can't make / grow themselves.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »

There is no item or savings that can coax me into the maelstrom, even if it was free.  Even if they paid me to take free shit.  I just have no love of stuff that bad, need it, or want it.  I can find bargains without torturing myself. 

Well, there are some very good deals for me today at Toys R Us, but I'll go after noon on my way to work to see what the crazies have left.

Plus on stuff like electronics they always put the lower end stuff out cheap. I'd rather spend the extra $100 to get the better model anyways.

It makes sense if you're gonna flip it, and you go there with a truck. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Anyone doing Black Friday 2009?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.