Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Alcohol vs. Cannabis

Poll

What do you prefer?

Alcohol
- 10 (30.3%)
Cannabis
- 23 (69.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Alcohol vs. Cannabis  (Read 7101 times)

DogOn

Re: Alcohol vs. Cannabis
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

Quote from: 'fatcat'
I just find it funny how he doesn't like cannabis because he feels out of control, whereas alcohol is actually much more measurably disabling

It's very much the perception of being out of control. On cannabis, I don't stumble or misstep, I just feel as if I am. Drunk, I probably do stumble a bit (but I've got lots and lots of practice) but with the lowered inhibitions, I just don't care.

The better drug, IMO, is the one that makes you feel best. For me, that's alcohol. I think "altering your mindset" to enjoy a drug is kind of more "work" than I'm really wanting to do in order to enjoy it. :)

I agree on using the drugs that make you feel the best, but as you said, you're not really out of control on cannabis, it just seems that way, and its easy to get in a rut with what to expect from a drug, especially with something like cannabis where so much of the experience can be dictated by your setting and mindset.

Especially from what I have heard about the US weed market, trying to get your hands on some low potency/indica strains might give you a drastically different experience from what you're used to. Shit, with the weed here in one of the worst parts of the UK, I'd be grateful for such an effecting high, sometimes i have to smoke 4-5+ bowls to even notice a high, although the majority of the weed here is either covered in glass dust, or its rocky, a disgusting combination of dirt, plastic, turpentine, glue, if you're lucky a few grains of pollen, so I suppose potency should be the least of my worries.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 10:14:45 PM »

sometimes i have to smoke 4-5+ bowls to even notice a high
holy crap.
You need to move to New Hampshire

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »

A bowl, then some drinks, and I'm on top of the world for the night.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »

I really like the combination of pot and alcohol.. they compliment each other so well.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:41 AM »

I really like the combination of pot and alcohol.. they compliment each other so well.

Except for the time everything I said came out in Spanish, yes.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 01:40:26 AM »

Pretty much everything Kevin says. I find the main problem is that I get easily extra-bored when I smoke weed. Especially if I get involved in a conversation where I have to indulge others, which is what happens most of the time. And then I start to get a little paranoid, thinking that the people I'm talking to can tell that I'm bored out of my mind, and I just don't care what they have to say. But when I'm drinking, I can get into the same type of boring conversation, and notice myself not being bored at all and actually enjoying a conversation about the Toronto Maple Leafs or whatever kind of stuff I don't like.

Even though I got a bunch of weed...I never get the urge to go for it unless I run out of booze or feel that I've been drinking too much and need to cut down. To me, I find weed to be sort of a novelty, when used for recreational purposes -- it just does not interest me anymore. There was a period of a few years when I preferred weed and would rarely touch alcohol, but it's the other way around, now.

Same with me, that was part of the reason I quit the reefer a couple years back.  I've tried it once since and after one bong hit from a little 2 footer I felt retarded and super-demotivated and lazy.  Reminded me why I gave it up in the first place.  Alcohol on the other hand is a lot more fun
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Taors

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 04:33:04 AM »

sometimes i have to smoke 4-5+ bowls to even notice a high
holy crap.
You need to move to New Hampshire

Absolutely.  New Hampshire is the only state where people know how to grow pot.  Theres something particularly amazing about their ability to grow quality shit in a 8x10 space.  If you're not inside those borders, people are incapable of reading a book and plugging in a HPS lamp. 

I love you.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

Except for the time everything I said came out in Spanish, yes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.  I wish I had witnessed this.  Truly I do. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »

I went to the bank blazed off my ass earlier today. Craziest shit I've ever done. I think the teller or whatever knew.

blackie

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »

I went to the bank unblazed.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »

Quote from: 'blackie'

Simple statement but the best laugh I've had all day!
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Taors

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 08:59:16 PM »

Sounds like a snore.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 09:24:29 PM »

The only time I ever got high I was very drunk at the same time, so I can't really make an informed decision.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

ShaynaLove

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 01:23:28 AM »

Cannabis of course... but are you mostly americans? isn't it extremely illegal in the united states?

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 01:46:50 AM »

Region is unimportant. Legal or not, there's a rather to "decently steady" supply of either cannabis or alcohol.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Alcohol vs. Cannabis

// ]]>

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 79 queries.