Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Alcohol vs. Cannabis

Poll

What do you prefer?

Alcohol
- 10 (30.3%)
Cannabis
- 23 (69.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Alcohol vs. Cannabis  (Read 7094 times)

Taors

Alcohol vs. Cannabis
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »

Simple question.

dry_ice

Re: Alcohol vs. Cannabis
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:29:59 AM »

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »

I prefer alcohol.

Pot makes me feel paranoid and out of control of my body. I'm aware that my feet are moving and that I'm in control of their motion, but I'm absolutely convinced that the ground is shaky/moving/unstable. I hate feeling not aware of myself.

Alcohol on the other hand makes me feel happy! I'm always aware of exactly what I'm saying, I just tend to not care so much about the implications of what I'm saying. Also, homebrewing my own beer is much more fun than growing my own cannabis in my experience.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

dry_ice

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 12:58:00 AM »

Also, homebrewing my own beer is much more fun than growing my own cannabis in my experience.

Especially if you get raided  :x

DogOn

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:01:39 PM »

I prefer alcohol.

Pot makes me feel paranoid and out of control of my body. I'm aware that my feet are moving and that I'm in control of their motion, but I'm absolutely convinced that the ground is shaky/moving/unstable. I hate feeling not aware of myself.

Alcohol on the other hand makes me feel happy! I'm always aware of exactly what I'm saying, I just tend to not care so much about the implications of what I'm saying.

Are you kidding?

I've never been able to smoke enough weed to not remember what I did that night, alcohol on the other hand turns me into a dribbling retard.

If you get paranoid/anxious try a low THC indica. THC is a stimulant, and can flare up anxiety centres in the brain, whereas there are many other psychoactive cannabinoids that have relaxing, pain relieving and euphoric properties.

shawn

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:54:36 PM »

duh.

Taors

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »

I prefer alcohol.

Alcohol on the other hand makes me feel happy! I'm always aware of exactly what I'm saying, I just tend to not care so much about the implications of what I'm saying.

Are you kidding?

I've never been able to smoke enough weed to not remember what I did that night, alcohol on the other hand turns me into a dribbling retard.

If you get paranoid/anxious try a low THC indica. THC is a stimulant, and can flare up anxiety centres in the brain, whereas there are many other psychoactive cannabinoids that have relaxing, pain relieving and euphoric properties.

Everyone's different. You'd be wise to learn that, sooner than later.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 03:56:30 PM »

Alcohol for sure.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »

Quote from: 'fatcat'

Quote from: 'Taors'

This is, incidentally, why the whole "Legalize pot cause it's not as bad as alcohol" arguement is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's as effective as an arguement to criminalize alcohol. Drugs affect people differently and pot makes me feel paranoid and clumsy. My wife, on the other hand, describes her cannabis experiences and being pretty similar to my alcohol experiences without the desire to vomit or hangovers (neither of which I get).

THC is a stimulant, and can flare up anxiety centres in the brain, whereas there are many other psychoactive cannabinoids that have relaxing, pain relieving and euphoric properties.
II'll keep that in mind the next time I feel like indulging.
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Taors

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »

This is, incidentally, why the whole "Legalize pot cause it's not as bad as alcohol" arguement is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's as effective as an arguement to criminalize alcohol. Drugs affect people differently and pot makes me feel paranoid and clumsy. My wife, on the other hand, describes her cannabis experiences and being pretty similar to my alcohol experiences without the desire to vomit or hangovers (neither of which I get).

Well, not really. In terms of health, cannabis is waaay way way way better on your system than alcohol.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »

I've never been able to smoke enough weed to not remember what I did
Try eating a bunch of pot (cookies, pizza, whatever) and then smoking as much as possible before the cookies kick in.

I've had acid-like psychedelic experiences with that method. Different kind of buzz... similar degree of reality-break.

DogOn

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »

I prefer alcohol.

Are you kidding?

Alcohol is a more debilitating drug.

motor skills, memory, inhibitions (i.e. control over your mind), are all effected far more on alcohol than a cannabis.

I just find it funny how he doesn't like cannabis because he feels out of control, whereas alcohol is actually much more measurably disabling, although obviously I accept that to Kevin Dean he feels more out of control on weed than alcohol.

It would seem to be more of an anxiety oriented issue, and I think he could probably alter his cannabis use, and maybe mindset, and get alot more from the drug.

You aren't some zen sage for telling me everyone's different and I'd be wise to learn that, I understand he doesn't have the same viewpoint, I'm just making some comments from my viewpoint.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »

Alcohol

Taors

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »

I prefer alcohol.

Are you kidding?

You aren't some zen sage

Ah. But I am.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »

Well, not really. In terms of health, cannabis is waaay way way way better on your system than alcohol.

That's really my point though. While this is an interesting bit of trivia it is totally irrelevant unless your sole focus is to legalize cannabis. I support and strongly advocate it's relegalization (and use, hell, I like happy people!) it's on the "You're welcome to do whatever you want with your body" ground. Trading "bad alcohol" for "better pot" doesn't actually make you more free.

As I said, I understand the arguement being made - banning cannabis on the grounds that it's "unsafe" is stupid since alcohol is more harmful. For a small percentage of people, that's not an arguement for legalization of cannabis (they already have cannabis as "bad") but an arguement against alcohol ("If even the pot smokers say it's bad, it should be banned"). I'll stop beating that horse as soon as I feel I've conveyed that point clearly. :)

I just find it funny how he doesn't like cannabis because he feels out of control, whereas alcohol is actually much more measurably disabling

It's very much the perception of being out of control. On cannabis, I don't stumble or misstep, I just feel as if I am. Drunk, I probably do stumble a bit (but I've got lots and lots of practice) but with the lowered inhibitions, I just don't care.

The better drug, IMO, is the one that makes you feel best. For me, that's alcohol. I think "altering your mindset" to enjoy a drug is kind of more "work" than I'm really wanting to do in order to enjoy it. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Alcohol vs. Cannabis

// ]]>

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 135 queries.