Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Age of Consent

Poll

What should the legal age of consent for sexual activity be?

19 or older.
- 0 (0%)
- 3 (5.8%)
- 1 (1.9%)
- 15 (28.8%)
- 5 (9.6%)
- 8 (15.4%)
- 7 (13.5%)
- 5 (9.6%)
11 or younger.
- 8 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Age of Consent  (Read 23553 times)

Charles

Re: Age of Consent
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »

I think I'd want the age of consent to be the same as the age you hit adulthood, but I don't think it should always be punishable if the age of consent is broken.  The legal precedent would have to be that as long as there is no victim in the sex act it is not punishable.  Hence, a fourteen year old girl would probably be a victim if she's having sex with a 40 something year old guy whether she knows it or not.  A court would be a lot better to ascertain if she really is a victim.

Richard_III

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2007, 07:56:39 PM »

I think I'd want the age of consent to be the same as the age you hit adulthood, but I don't think it should always be punishable if the age of consent is broken.  The legal precedent would have to be that as long as there is no victim in the sex act it is not punishable.  Hence, a fourteen year old girl would probably be a victim if she's having sex with a 40 something year old guy whether she knows it or not.  A court would be a lot better to ascertain if she really is a victim.

The reality is that most pedophiles are mostly cowards and they will not go after these young teenagers unless these young people are already  part of the underground sex scene. A larger portion of pedophiles will prey on young children who lack the ability to use logic.

These AOC laws are understood to be there in order to to protect young people from "adults". The problem is that the majority of sexual abuse is being done by young boys. This abuse is going on in the elementary school and primarily, high school level. The high school girls eventually come to realize that they have been abused, yet they never bother to report it, because our sex-crazed culture promotes a delusional notion that young people are "maturing" and "learning" about sex.

This is a huge disgrace, and few are willing to accept that our young sons are really vile monsters. These boys do not reason and they do not care. If we do not put a stop to it, then we will have to keep listening to the whores, justify their broken behavior.

But the "whores" do not want to be called "whores", Ya see. Because it hurts their feelings and brings deep shame. The "whores" want to be called "sexually liberated", because our secular culture allows for such perverted understanding.

Taors

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2007, 07:51:51 PM »

Determine adulthood without arbitrary means and I'll agree.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2007, 09:58:54 PM »

The reality is that most pedophiles are mostly cowards and they will not go after these young teenagers...

I cut out the rest of that in my quoting process because I wanted to agree.  But there's a catch.  You're right, a pedophile won't go after a teenager.  A pedophile does not have an attraction to teenagers.  Pedophiles have an attraction to young children. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Richard_III

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2007, 10:29:07 PM »

The reality is that most pedophiles are mostly cowards and they will not go after these young teenagers...

I cut out the rest of that in my quoting process because I wanted to agree.  But there's a catch.  You're right, a pedophile won't go after a teenager.  A pedophile does not have an attraction to teenagers.  Pedophiles have an attraction to young children. 

Are you a lawyer or something?

Yer right with the official definition, but "pedophile" is genreally used for those interested in underage people. I can't remember the correct name for the lolita chasers, but yer right, in a way.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2007, 10:36:43 PM »

Maybe the AOC should be removed and a formula applied in its place.  +/- 2 yrs up 'til 16, +/- 4 yrs from 16 to 18, then anything goes after that.  Keep the youths from getting into problems with arbitrary lines, keep the pervs from nailing the teenyboppers.  Something like that. 

I donno, just a thought. 

Taors

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2007, 10:37:45 PM »

But what about the law?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2007, 10:39:59 PM »

Are you a lawyer or something?

Yer right with the official definition, but "pedophile" is genreally used for those interested in underage people. I can't remember the correct name for the lolita chasers, but yer right, in a way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

And no, I'm not a lawyer.  My father always said I should be one though. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2007, 11:00:59 PM »

That picture of the Greek kid kissing the man is pretty fucking gay.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2007, 01:07:25 PM »

But what about the law?

That would be the law. 

If people who made laws made that the law. 

Gimme that fuckin phone.  ring ring, Hey.

Murmer, murmer murmer. 

Okay, g'bye.

Okay, we're good.  What next?

Richard_III

« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2007, 06:08:01 PM »

Maybe the AOC should be removed and a formula applied in its place.  +/- 2 yrs up 'til 16, +/- 4 yrs from 16 to 18, then anything goes after that.  Keep the youths from getting into problems with arbitrary lines, keep the pervs from nailing the teenyboppers.  Something like that. 

I donno, just a thought. 

Why couldn't people just take it to court if they have an issue with it?

If 'Motherfucker' (A) screws 'Whiny Bitch' (B), both aged 14, if B decides she's been had, let her take it to court, cover the cost of the trail and hope someone agrees with the stupid wench.

Rape is rape, I don't think you need a complex system based around ages to define the matter.

I suppose the laws are good enough to deter pedophiles to some extant, along with the no-laws that society dishes out to those who abuse. Problem is, the mind goes into a delicate place, and these young girls are not sure if they are being raped.

Taors

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2007, 06:11:35 PM »

If they say "Yes...yes I want you to fuck me right now, I know 100% what I'm doing and the consequences of said action, and I give my full consent", is it okay?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »

Not sure if they're being raped?  Yes is a lot different than no.  If you have some freaky shit going on in your sex life, you make up a code word in place of just plain "no". 
         -George W. Bush

Brent

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »

As far as consent and sex go, I don't think the problem is that people are having sex too young, or even that old geezers are having sex with 14 year olds.  I think the problem is that we are neglecting to equip and educate our young on how to deal with sex by the time they reach sexual maturity.  I'm sorry if you disagree with evolution, God, or whoever you think is responsible for the age at which people reach fruition, but it is what it is.  People are pretty much able to procreate by the time they leave middle school (many even earlier), if they so desire.  If you like evolution, this means that at some point in human history, someone who could procreate by age 13 or 14 was most likely to have successful offspring.  This includes having the necessary abilities to raise the child to sexual maturity.  If you're more of a fan of magic sky friends, then consider this:  You believe that God created humans.  If this is true, then God created people in such a way that they could, and would have a strong desire to, create babies by 13 or 14.  If you think people shouldn't start having sex when God determined they should be equipped to, doesn't that mean you think God is wrong? 

Richard_III

« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »

Not sure if they're being raped?  Yes is a lot different than no.  If you have some freaky shit going on in your sex life, you make up a code word in place of just plain "no". 

Have you ever been persuaded into doing something you kinda didn't really want to do? It's like that, but on a soul-numbing level.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Age of Consent

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 37 queries.