Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Age of Consent

Poll

What should the legal age of consent for sexual activity be?

19 or older.
- 0 (0%)
- 3 (5.8%)
- 1 (1.9%)
- 15 (28.8%)
- 5 (9.6%)
- 8 (15.4%)
- 7 (13.5%)
- 5 (9.6%)
11 or younger.
- 8 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Age of Consent  (Read 23425 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Age of Consent
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 06:51:58 PM »

At 16, you get certain responsibilities, legally drive a car, and so can also get car insurance. 

Thats gotta mean something.

Maybe at that age, you could try for emancipation. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03:30 PM »

I guess everybody matures differently, and the government has tried to pick an age that they think generally works, which is what the author of this poll is trying to make us do.  Which is why I have not voted, and will not vote in this particular poll. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

cerpntaxt

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 02:47:27 AM »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:37 AM »

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

phantomofroute66

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »

If the education system allowed students to specialize and focus more on where their aptitudes lay, our educational coming of age could be brought more in line with our biological maturation.  Since we can't delay puberty, why not accelerate our ability to support ourselves so that we're not still sitting around diagramming sentences and learning revisionist history four or five years after our gonads have ripened?  

I think people could finish primary education in eighth grade and then what are now the high school years could be the college years, so college graduates would be entering the work force at 18.  Those who didn't go to college could serve apprenticeships and be fully prepared for a vocational career at the age of 16.  The age of majority for EVERYTHING would need to be lowered to 18, and the age of absolute sexual consent could be lowered to 16.  By the time kids reach this age, they're gonna do what they're gonna do.  Parents will have the same luck keeping a teenager out of this sort of trouble with or without a law.

ladyattis

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »

Then show me a fully adapted brain capable of abstract thought at that age. Otherwise, you lose. Here's a hint, you won't until approximate 16 years of age of said brain. Arbitrary? No.

Gotta love neurology.

-- Brede

ladyattis

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »

Key word - "approximate." People ain't no statistics there, darlin'. Kids start to for basic abstract concepts around age 11, why not use that?
Um because it's not the largest sum of the population, dipstick. You clearly DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND STATISTICS, OTHERWISE YOU WOULD NOT MAKE SUCH STUPID CLAIMS.

Lemme explain it to you why, 16 is a good number...

1. It COVERS YOUR 12 y/o. And why? Because a 12 y/o is less than 2 (order of magnitudes) positions away from 16.

2. It also covers the 18 y/o. Same reason as 1.

3. BECAUSE DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE BRAIN 16 IS THE MOST COMMON SAMPLE AGE OF A MATURED BRAIN IN THE TOTAL SUM OF THE POPULATION IN REGARDS TO HEALTHY HUMANS. I typed that all in caps to just throw you off. :lol:

Either way, you lose. Because you're a fuckstick moron. gb2/sk00l and get edumakation.

-- Brede

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 12:57:29 PM »

I say that we all just have sex right now. 
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 12:59:45 PM »

You're kind of missing the points:

1. Fuck you're 'majority population' statist bullshit.

2. You're age restriction has already been implemented and it doesn't do jack shit.

So, in fact you lose. Why? Because the world isn't fucking logical, and people are dumbasses.

Agreed. What the hell is the difference between a 15 year old and a 16 year old? I could have drove just fine and had sex just fine at 15...but wait, I felt the same when I was 14...but wait...I-

You get the picture.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 01:08:11 PM »

I agree with Josh.  I mean, I know I've always felt older than I was.  And quite some years back, I was sure I was ready to go ahead and have sex.  So I did.  I don't think I'm scarred for life or anything.  I guess the drought is my karmic retribution for starting so early, though.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 01:22:51 PM »

I agree with Josh.  I mean, I know I've always felt older than I was.  And quite some years back, I was sure I was ready to go ahead and have sex.  So I did.  I don't think I'm scarred for life or anything.  I guess the drought is my karmic retribution for starting so early, though.   :lol:

I became sexually active fairly early, for back in the day, at least.  Iwas a couple grades ahead, and some of my female friends (then 15-16) were just breaking into that level. I was curious, tried it. Realized I could do a better job myself, and then didn't get into another sexual relationship until about 2 years later. I was mature enough to make that decision at 13. Some of those friends I mentioned? Went off the deep end. Boyfriend after boyfriend, in trouble with their parents after getting caught, and a couple who either dropped out to have a baby or took a few days off for "medical" reasons.

Hell. There are people of all ages who aren't mature enough to make those types of decisions.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Taors

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »

So did he have a big cock?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »

I became sexually active fairly early, for back in the day, at least.  Iwas a couple grades ahead, and some of my female friends (then 15-16) were just breaking into that level. I was curious, tried it. Realized I could do a better job myself, and then didn't get into another sexual relationship until about 2 years later. I was mature enough to make that decision at 13. Some of those friends I mentioned? Went off the deep end. Boyfriend after boyfriend, in trouble with their parents after getting caught, and a couple who either dropped out to have a baby or took a few days off for "medical" reasons.

Hell. There are people of all ages who aren't mature enough to make those types of decisions.

Exactly.  Also exactly why setting an age is stupid, on anyone's part. 
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »

So did he have a big cock?

Of course.  That's all part of the universe's payback system.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Age of Consent

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.