Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Abortion is Murder?

Poll

Well?

Yes because a fetus is a person...
- 5 (15.2%)
Yes because a fetus is a human, but not a person...
- 3 (9.1%)
Yes because some invisible male father figure wants more babies...
- 0 (0%)
No because a fetus is not a person...
- 6 (18.2%)
No because fetus are persons but they have no rights (wtf?)...
- 1 (3%)
No fetuses taste good with BBQ sauce...
- 3 (9.1%)
FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortion is Murder?  (Read 10914 times)

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
Re: Abortion is Murder?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 03:02:25 PM »

It's a hard issue to grapple just because of the emotional baggage it carries, but also because there's still much to be learned about what makes someone a person.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 03:07:35 PM »

I'm sorry that you're sorry that I'm sorry that.......oh, fuck it.  I'm not really sorry.  Sorry, Ken.  This is a stupid exchange. 

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 03:10:49 PM »

I'm still grasping how people can state a fetus, especially first trimester, is a person. I could see a decent argument for third and even second trimesters, but first... Come on, don't fuck with a nigga!

I would support a person's right to kill a one month old infant, if need be. 

I would support killing a person killing infants, if need be.

Well, let's be glad you most likely will never have to deal with such a situation.  Because I'd rather not have to kill you. 

All because someone started murdering...

Yes, I'd be sorry you felt you had to take that step.   

I'm sorry you're insane and think murdering babies isn't murder, and thus, started it all.

My invitation for you to show me that a fetus is a person by a decent ethical argument or some compelling evidence is still open. Just stand and deliver as you have my attention.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

Taors

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »

I'm still grasping how people can state a fetus, especially first trimester, is a person. I could see a decent argument for third and even second trimesters, but first... Come on, don't fuck with a nigga!

Well, let's be glad you most likely will never have to deal with such a situation.  Because I'd rather not have to kill you. 

I'm sorry you're insane and think murdering babies isn't murder, and thus, started it all.

My invitation for you to show me that a fetus is a person by a decent ethical argument or some compelling evidence is still open. Just stand and deliver as you have my attention.

Go read Rillion's first post in this thread, and then edit the post you just made.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »

Go read Rillion's first post in this thread, and then edit the post you just made.

I did, my post still stands as he has yet to answer me in the other thread. I thought the quoted reply would grab his attention.

Taors

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »

I did, my post still stands as he has yet to answer me in the other thread. I thought the quoted reply would grab his attention.

Ah.

Well, I'm going to step out while the shitstorm that's about to happen commences. Later.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 03:18:56 PM »

Yes, Robot has been flailing his arms screeching DANGER DANGER for about the entire existence of this thread.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 03:20:03 PM »

You clearly haven't been reading the good doctor and I's discussion post-post (wtf?)?

Taors

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 03:22:29 PM »

?  I responded to the accusation that I would kill someone for committing an abortion.  The assertion was wholly inaccurate, as I demonstrated.

Ken, read a few posts up.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 03:23:17 PM »

?  I responded to the accusation that I would kill someone for committing an abortion.  The assertion was wholly inaccurate, as I demonstrated.

Do you have proof that aborting a fetus is murder? You can choose to constrain it to the second and third trimesters or add other provisions.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »

Do you have proof that aborting a fetus is murder? You can choose to constrain it to the second and third trimesters or add other provisions.

Why would I need proof?  I never suggested hurting anyone murdering fetuses?

Because you're asserting a positive claim that it is murder much like a religious nut asserts his particular faith is the only true faith without any proof.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 03:28:32 PM »

Why would I need proof?  I never suggested hurting anyone murdering fetuses?

Because you're asserting a positive claim that it is murder much like a religious nut asserts his particular faith is the only true faith without any proof.

It's clear to me that it's murder, because it's clear to me the fetus is human.

My eye ball is human, but that doesn't mean I'm murdering it by its removal. Humanness != Personness.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »

Link to the thread or it didn't happen. Plus such claims have been discussed numerous times by bio-ethicists and they're still split about it. So, how you can claim some magical insight greater than anyone else on this issue without proof is pretty fucking arrogant on your part.

Especially when you consider the facts regarding the question of what allows for thought in all animals and possible future AI-synthetics.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »

Link to the thread or it didn't happen.

I'm not your errand boy...precisely the reason I'm not going to rehash that old thread.

Then I'll consider this your admission that you have no proof to provide. Thanks for the lack of an intelligent conversation. *clicks iggy*

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »

If you think it's okay to murder babies in the womb because they aren't completely intelligent, then I guess it's okay to murder retards too.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Abortion is Murder?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 37 queries.