Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Serious Business
| | |-+  Fuckin' Meatsnax

Poll

Meatsnax, yes or no.

Fuck Yeah!
No.
I'm a Vegetardian

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuckin' Meatsnax  (Read 16298 times)

BonerJoe

Re: Meatsnax
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 08:52:35 PM »

I had batter fried alligator once. It had to be one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. Way too rubbery.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 09:02:15 PM »

I had batter fried alligator once. It had to be one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. Way too rubbery.
this we agree on
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »

The tail meat is pretty tender, but it still tastes like a muddy lake to me. Not my thing.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »

I was not a fan of alligator the last time I tried it. Now hook me up with some kickass wild boar roast with gravy, om nom nom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a recipe? I'm gonna do wild boar eventually, gravy sounds like a good way to go.

Alligator was OK. Its tastes exactly how you'd think. Halfway between chicken and fish. I'm wondering which might taste better, alligator or iguana? Only one way to know.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 10:28:56 PM »

The tail meat is pretty tender, but it still tastes like a muddy lake to me. Not my thing.

I was with my Unc in a southern rib joint once, and he doesn't like ribs.  So he got the catfish.

He says to the waitress lady, this big black happy ladymomma, "Is the catfish muddy?"  and she says "Hell no, laws, we knows where to get it right".  I like people like her, who have that infectious pleasant attitude.  One of the few "kinds of people" I actually do like. 

I never heard of muddy catfish, but apparently, some catfish tastes muddy and thats not an uncommon or discourteous question. 

And I tried some, true to word, it was delicious. 

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »

I was not a fan of alligator the last time I tried it. Now hook me up with some kickass wild boar roast with gravy, om nom nom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a recipe? I'm gonna do wild boar eventually, gravy sounds like a good way to go.

The only way to cook a pig or a boar is to roast it.  The whole thing.  Takes about 12 hours in one of those big-fucker barrel roaster deals.  Low heat, long hours.

My cousin has one, tows it to events behind a truck.

More traditionally, indians or hawiians will dig a hole, build a bonfire in it, let it burn down, throw the wrapped pig in, more coals on top, and cover it with sand.  Sometimes they fill the innards cavity with fruits and spices. 

Twelve hours later, dig it up.

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »

More traditionally, indians or hawiians will dig a hole, build a bonfire in it, let it burn down, throw the wrapped pig in, more coals on top, and cover it with sand.  Sometimes they fill the innards cavity with fruits and spices. 

This is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »

I've heard thats the way to go, always wanted to try it from scratch.  Keg, hole, people, pig.

Seen it on TV a whole bunch of different times.  Always thought it was cooler'n shit.

The modern-style wagon roaster I've had a number of times, and I agree, it's fuckin' amazing. 

--

There was (is) an Amish market where I used to live, and they did all sorts of roasting on the premises.  Mostly chickens, in this giant gas-fired rotisserie, and some ribs. 

Other stuff they trucked in, and the pigs was one of 'em.  You could get big hunks of roasted pork like you'd buy anything else from a deli, and it was a kick-ass novelty.  Can't get that shit just anywhere.

Hands down, those people had the best meats anywhere, ever.  Raw or cooked.  Big-ass steaks, hand-made local smoked kielbasi with no preservatives.  German hot dogs with the little balloon knot on the end. 

Supermarket meat is a joke. 

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »

also i have no good boar recipe that is not in german. if you read german i may be able to get it for you............

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »

More traditionally, indians or hawiians will dig a hole, build a bonfire in it, let it burn down, throw the wrapped pig in, more coals on top, and cover it with sand.  Sometimes they fill the innards cavity with fruits and spices.  

I've heard thats the way to go, always wanted to try it from scratch.  Keg, hole, people, pig.

Seen it on TV a whole bunch of different times.  Always thought it was cooler'n shit.

The modern-style wagon roaster I've had a number of times, and I agree, it's fuckin' amazing.  

--

There was (is) an Amish market where I used to live, and they did all sorts of roasting on the premises.  Mostly chickens, in this giant gas-fired rotisserie, and some ribs.  

Other stuff they trucked in, and the pigs was one of 'em.  You could get big hunks of roasted pork like you'd buy anything else from a deli, and it was a kick-ass novelty.  Can't get that shit just anywhere.

Hands down, those people had the best meats anywhere, ever.  Raw or cooked.  Big-ass steaks, hand-made local smoked kielbasi with no preservatives.  German hot dogs with the little balloon knot on the end.  

I used to make sausages back in the day.

All you need is a good shell casing,raw meat, a grinder, and you can turn anything into a hotdog.

It makes kabab easier to grill, and boerwars are fan-fucking-tastic.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:50:27 AM by Diogenes The Cynic »
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fuckin' Meatsnax
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »

More traditionally, indians or hawiians will dig a hole, build a bonfire in it, let it burn down, throw the wrapped pig in, more coals on top, and cover it with sand.  Sometimes they fill the innards cavity with fruits and spices.  

I've heard thats the way to go, always wanted to try it from scratch.  Keg, hole, people, pig.

Seen it on TV a whole bunch of different times.  Always thought it was cooler'n shit.

--

There was (is) an Amish market where I used to live, and they did all sorts of roasting on the premises.  Mostly chickens, in this giant gas-fired rotisserie, and some ribs.  

Other stuff they trucked in, and the pigs was one of 'em.  You could get big hunks of roasted pork like you'd buy anything else from a deli, and it was a kick-ass novelty.  Can't get that shit just anywhere.

Hands down, those people had the best meats anywhere, ever.  Raw or cooked.  Big-ass steaks, hand-made local smoked kielbasi with no preservatives.  German hot dogs with the little balloon knot on the end.  

I used to make sausages back in the day.

All you need is a good shell casing,raw meat, a grinder, and you can turn anything into a hotdog.

It makes kabab easier to grill, and boerwars are fan-fucking-tastic.

Sausages ARE easy to make.  But they're not easy to make well.  Between the grind, spices, consistency, smoking (when applicable), styles..  it is an art.

Where I live, they actually have a kielbasa-fest.  If you can make a thousand identical blue-ribbon winning smoked kielbasa's and have people lined up an hour down the street to buy one, with eighty-year old Polish women telling you how good they are, you can join the fray.

They take it about as seriously as Wisconsin people take cheese.  

We have these old storefronts in small towns where you'd probably not go inside to buy a pack of cigarettes.  The places look plain-old fucked-up.  The floors are creaky and the aluminum siding is all faded, and the hours are like 9 to 4.  And you'd think "I'd never eat meat from that place".  

But that's where you get it.  

I know people who go WAY out of their way just to go there for a couple rings of 'basa, porketta, soup bones, scrapple, hot dogs.  

Then they go to the store for everything else.

I don't mind the name-brands, like Hatfield or Hillshire Farms, or whatever.  But some people spit at that stuff.  

And I have to admit, I like the old-school places better, by a lot.  The factory stuff is loaded up with colors and phosphates and preservatives.  

I've actually seen old folks wipe mold off of smoked kielbasa like it was no big deal.  Its cased and smoked, so in actuality, they're not wrong.  But its a weird thing to see.  

This is a coal mine town.  They're hard-headed polacks.  Thats just how it is.  It'll be a shame when those people die out.  

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:21:36 AM by Svengali »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 02:33:43 AM »

also i have no good boar recipe that is not in german. if you read german i may be able to get it for you............

I'm not sure what you were trying to say with that sentence, but if you have a good boar recipe I'll take it. I can read enough german I'm sure.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »

I have a number of handwritten books that contain German recipes.  Starting from around 1916, onward.  Family heirlooms.

One had weights and measures in the back, that's how I learned my multiplication tables.

Grandma was cool. 

I watched her die.  That part wasn't cool, but she did it with dignity.

We Germans are sensible like that.

Robin

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 08:23:15 AM »

I'm not sure what you were trying to say with that sentence, but if you have a good boar recipe I'll take it. I can read enough german I'm sure.
yeah whiskey typed that sentence up

anyways my landlady in Germany made a great boar roast, I will see if I can get the recipe from her, it will not be in English =)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »

Upload recipes people! I love German food. Kalburwurst is my favorite food.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Serious Business
| | |-+  Fuckin' Meatsnax

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.