Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Rubber Room - Not Safe for Work
| | |-+  What the FUCK IS THIS >shithead< STATUS, you cunts?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the FUCK IS THIS >shithead< STATUS, you cunts?  (Read 32173 times)

Taors

Re: What the FUCK IS THIS >shithead< STATUS, you cunts?
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »

Also, Ken is the whiniest cunt in the world.

THE LIES! THE LIIIIIESSSSS!

:lol:

Riddler

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »

The problem was that a shithead was able to post outside the troll zone.  I have fixed the problem.

He was never a Shithead until someone made him one yesterday.

So is that the policy now? You shouldn't contact someone and let them know they're teetering the line? I'm looking through Riddler's posts right now and I don't see how he's broken any rules.

I guess we were right. All of this shit IS on a whim.

thanks dude.
i think they(?) got tight at my CHANGE thread.
nothing disparaging there, but these days there are some tender ones here.
kenitis (whinystis-cuntitis) must be spreading

What rule did he break?

AntonLee

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2008, 02:28:53 PM »

The problem was that a shithead was able to post outside the troll zone.  I have fixed the problem.

[youtube=425,350]zqjQDP9KX6E[/youtube]

this is the funniest thing I've seen all day. . . "we fixed the glitch"

obviously anyone could be shitheaded for any reason at any time.  Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

:lol:

[youtube=425,350]/v/nFP1QREIWYg&hl[/youtube]

Riddler

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »

so, ian. i know you're a busy guy, but, many (maybe even most?) here don't see a problem with what i've written.
maybe that carries no weight with you, after all, it is your forum, but, how bout a polling?

Riddler

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2008, 07:24:57 PM »

thanks dude.
i'm high-fivin....no...that is so fucking overdone & by now, even gay.
i'm givin' you the  full-on-negroe handshake:  fist-bump, back-slap/front-slap, over/under fist-bump....sorry, i didn't catch it all when i watched platoon last night...
you get the deal.
"sheeeit!...lifer's done made a mistake...."

Taors

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

You're not addressing why he was made a shithead.  I may have missed some huge nasty remark on his part, but I don't think so.  So I'll assume it was sort of an accumulation of nigga remarks, which isn't really that big a deal.  What you're doing is allowing your perceptions of his (white) racial background cloud what you believe to be acceptable behavior.  Meaning what he is entitled to say is dependent on his race.  He's a white guy saying that stuff in a sarcastic manner, but if he was a black dude and actually posted those thoughts in seriousness - if that was his true manner, it would be acceptable and you would allow it. 

That means, my friend, you are reacting to satire with prejudice.  Only certain people can say certain things.  That is an extremely inappropriate reaction because you are pigeonholing language and grammar to exist within its stereotype as you define it. 

Furthermore, black-urban language is becoming more mainstream prevalent by the day, as is evidenced by pretty much any commercial media targeted at a youth demographic.  This shows no signs of slowing down, especially considering the impact November 4th will have on youth culture.  A desire to regulate and quarantine forward-moving and progressive interpretation of something as fluid and dynamic as language, whether it be genuine or sarcastic, is really not your call to make, Ian.  I'm sorry, but it's not.  And I find it very worrisome that you've not been able to make that connection in your mind yet. 

There are some very obvious signs which can easily be observed to determine actual intolerance and hate, which should be a reason for concern and moderation, also which I would fully support censure and restriction of the privileges given to the forum member.  I think in this case, the poster has fallen well short of the true earmarks of intolerance, and is operating within a level of sarcastic expression. 

But most concerning of all is the irony of your solution.  After providing a market solution where people can opt-out individually by not only ignoring a poster, and/or the advanced method of AMPing to remove the offending users posts from threads, he is sequestered to a limited area because your opinion is that he is offensive to the population.  For an open-minded guy, you've fallen into a decidedly primitive method of segregation.  Its a very 'whites-only' solution to what you deem to be a problem, protecting the population that doesn't need protecting, based on your opinion of what's offensive. 

I think you made the right choice months ago when the forum was given the choice to drive a problem away, and on the big scale, this problem is insignificant even in comparison with LIPLIC, who is also barely a blip on the radar.  People need to get over stuff, and use the tools they have at their disposal until a person becomes a legitimately huge problem. 

EXACTLY.

Why even have an ignore option? What's the point when you have Shithead and this stupid ass troll forum?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:35 PM »

I'm not sure what he did either, but I think there should at least be one warning before arbitrarily placing someone in to the shithead category. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2008, 12:11:52 AM »

I'm not sure what he did either, but I think there should at least be one warning before arbitrarily placing someone in to the shithead category. 

Sure, agreed.  It would be no giant task to simply add a shithead user group with all normal user stuff, except it says "PROBATIONARY SHITHEAD" where it would eventually say Shithead if you keep being a douchenozzle, and drop the fucker a PM explaining what comes next.   

Yeah, there should be at least a probationary trial lasting a week. If they behave within that week, they get the status removed.

Doesn't this sound like a reasonable suggestion, Ian?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2008, 12:28:18 AM »

thanks dude.
i'm givin' you the  full-on-negroe handshake:  fist-bump, back-slap/front-slap, over/under fist-bump....sorry, i didn't catch it all when i watched platoon last night...
you get the deal.

lol

I'm ready to start a fukkkin movement up in here y'all!

Free Da Riddla!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

bakerbaker

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2008, 04:59:26 AM »

thanks dude.
you get the deal.

lol

I'm ready to start a fukkkin movement up in here y'all!

Free Da Riddla!

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2008, 07:43:26 AM »

Sure, agreed.  It would be no giant task to simply add a shithead user group with all normal user stuff, except it says "PROBATIONARY SHITHEAD" where it would eventually say Shithead if you keep being a douchenozzle, and drop the fucker a PM explaining what comes next.   

Well, even people that were about to get banned got warnings in the past.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »

You'se all out of your cotton-pickin' minds.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Rubber Room - Not Safe for Work
| | |-+  What the FUCK IS THIS >shithead< STATUS, you cunts?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.