Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Rubber Room - Not Safe for Work
| | |-+  An open letter to Sincere
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: An open letter to Sincere  (Read 27764 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: An open letter to Sincere
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 07:08:43 PM »

I don't think any of the guys are trolls. I do think that as a form owner/admin, Ian should at least take the time to familiarize himself with the quirks that people have on his forum before stepping in to police it.

Racism is not a "quirk."  It is learned, hateful behavior toward a specific real or imagined group of people.

Yeah, you should probably see a psychiatrist about that.

No, U.

You should see some of the PMs I get about you.

Taors

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »

I don't think any of the guys are trolls. I do think that as a form owner/admin, Ian should at least take the time to familiarize himself with the quirks that people have on his forum before stepping in to police it.

Racism is not a "quirk."  It is learned, hateful behavior toward a specific real or imagined group of people.

No, U.

Ohhh noooo! A bunch of whiny cunts talking behind my back, whatever shall I dooooooo?! :lol:

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »

No, U.

Ohhh noooo! A bunch of whiny cunts talking behind my back, whatever shall I dooooooo?! :lol:

Not exactly, not things that haven't been said openly, like you're really fucked up.

Taors

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:27 PM »

No, U.

Not exactly, not things that haven't been said openly, like you're really fucked up.

You really have no room to talk, psycho boy.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 07:45:52 PM »

No, U.

Do another bowl, dude.

Taors

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »

No, U.

Do another bowl, dude.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=25405.msg482528#msg482528

Don't worry. I would have ignored it too if it was me getting owned so bad. :)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »

No, U.

Do another bowl, dude.

Never saw it.  I'm dissing you for coming online and going on about how you smoked a bowl and are "all fucked up" (or whatever.)  Of course, when I linked to that post, you deleted it. :-D

Taors

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »

No, U.

Do another bowl, dude.

Never saw it.  I'm dissing you for coming online and going on about how you smoked a bowl and are "all fucked up" (or whatever.)  Of course, when I linked to that post, you deleted it. :-D

So you have a problem with people getting fucked up, now is it? What are you going to do next, raid a patient care club you sick twisted shit?

And yes, I deleted the post.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »

No, U.

Do another bowl, dude.

So you have a problem with people getting fucked up, now is it? What are you going to do next, raid a patient care club you sick twisted shit?

No, I have a problem with you getting on here telling us how fucking high you are, shortly before you start trolling my posts.  One then begins to believe they're related.

Taors

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 08:12:04 PM »

No, U.

Do another bowl, dude.

No, I have a problem with you getting on here telling us how fucking high you are, shortly before you start trolling my posts.  One then begins to believe they're related.

It's all about you, isn't it?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »

You know- even I stay away from putting you down. Not worth it- but I just don't understand how you simply don't get it. Matter of fact I don't really believe that you don't get it, instead I think you consider your efforts here of some way to champion a cause of some sort.

You seem to have a very restrictive view on what "racism" actually is. Your definition seems to be of the ultra-liberal sort where any squeak or hint of something "hurtful" is the equivalent of a lynching.

You know what I meant by "quirk". BJ and Riddler are good guys who say whatever they want. This doesn't make them harmful, dangerous "haters".
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »

This is not racism.  Racism is burning a cross in someone's front yard, or vandalizing their property because of the color of their skin.  Racism is tying a man to the trailer hitch on your pickup truck and dragging him for three miles because the color of his skin varies from yours. 

Attempting to engage in a rational discussion about race and the stigma surrounding it is not racism.  Not even when it turns people in to trolls because they can't get through with logical, valid arguments. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

sinceredagreat

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:26:40 PM »

Maybe I have it wrong, but the first opinion I gathered about sincere was from the initial post he made spouting why he prefers Obama over McCain. He also made it plenty apparent that he's a black guy who feels oppressed. So that's where my opinion comes from.

The exchanges were aggressive from both sides of the issue. Sure, Riddler does use "nigga" a lot. That's nothing new, it's his character and the far majority of people on this BBS never peeped about it. Sincere says that's what bothers him, that Riddler is using the dreaded "N-Word". When Ken complained of the same thing, it was suggested he use the Ignore feature and that should have been good enough for Sincere.

More than a couple of people, including myself, tried to have a calm discussion with Sincere from the beginning, but he didn't respond with anything other than idle accusations.

Every time "race" comes up here to this extent, it's merely swept away and never openly discussed. If it could be dealt with rationally, as in if people could put their emotions in check and just talk about it as casually as the weather, then we'd get somewhere.

If I remember correctly, the first thing you said to me had an ad hominem attack in it, hence how was supposed to take you seriously???

Let's put it this way. I NEVER backed Obama. IF ANYONE listens to the show when I called in, I specifically said "Why is the Riddler beating up on Obama's past and history, when it shouldn't even matter when ALL government is bad??? Does it matter who the president is if you want the federal government to go away?" To me, both are equally as bad, because they are both power-mongers.

To which then I was bombarded with a bunch of slurs, and then I questioned him on why he would say that or call me that, to which he says "That's just how I talk." Guess what, know what another group of people includes white people who call black people they don't know nigger? Racists! Yet, he never answered that, he kept throwing shit out there asking loaded questions, and kept talking about Africa, when all I wanted to know was the answer to those simple questions, and when I keep bringing those questions back up, I get more slurs, so I chalked it up to him being a racist, and left it alone.

If you can't understand that, then fuck you, honestly.

This is the last time I am devoting any more brainpower to the racists on this forum.

Taors

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 11:02:16 PM »

Maybe I have it wrong, but the first opinion I gathered about sincere was from the initial post he made spouting why he prefers Obama over McCain. He also made it plenty apparent that he's a black guy who feels oppressed. So that's where my opinion comes from.

The exchanges were aggressive from both sides of the issue. Sure, Riddler does use "nigga" a lot. That's nothing new, it's his character and the far majority of people on this BBS never peeped about it. Sincere says that's what bothers him, that Riddler is using the dreaded "N-Word". When Ken complained of the same thing, it was suggested he use the Ignore feature and that should have been good enough for Sincere.

More than a couple of people, including myself, tried to have a calm discussion with Sincere from the beginning, but he didn't respond with anything other than idle accusations.

Every time "race" comes up here to this extent, it's merely swept away and never openly discussed. If it could be dealt with rationally, as in if people could put their emotions in check and just talk about it as casually as the weather, then we'd get somewhere.

This is the last time I am devoting any more brainpower to the racists on this forum.

Christ. Not this shit again.

sinceredagreat

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 11:06:30 PM »

Christ. Not this shit again.

Wasn't talking about you dude. The people who I am talking to know who they are. You and I joke about it, but in a purely facetious way, taking things to the extreme. THAT"S different.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Rubber Room - Not Safe for Work
| | |-+  An open letter to Sincere

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.