Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  What Would Your Money Look Like?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Would Your Money Look Like?  (Read 6190 times)

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
  • This is where the fish lives.
    • View Profile
What Would Your Money Look Like?
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:06:55 AM »

What Would Your Money Look Like?

This thread is for posting your own designs of what you'd like to see in a currency (coins/certificates). Doesn't have to be location specific (IE: New Hampshire). Descriptions are nice. Nothing is too silly.. I think.. I hope.

I would love to have this made some day. I call it a Vigilance Dollar. It uses an art-deco inspired design with a mirror finish on the webbing. The lines fan out subtly and give it a dynamic flow. I designed this many months ago, though only one side is done. I would likely not have much if any markings on this side, and would likely avoid portraiture on the reverse. Might be good as a 1/2 oz, though the details beg for a larger coining. If anyone out there has the means and interest to see this realized... PM or reply.

Vigilance towards Liberty, in perpetuity!

sandm000

• View Profile
Re: What Would Your Money Look Like?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

Old Idea is old.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »

I like the egyptian/cuniform one.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »

I like Asian-style coins that have a hole in the middle, so you can tie them together in groups of 10 or whatever.  I wonder if modern technology can do better - how about gold / silver pieces that connect together, sorta like legos?  That way you can prepare the exact amount while you wait at the checkout line (especially since soon everyone will use their smartphone to ID the products they select anyway, so it can calculate the total in metal of your choice as well) without having to have many coins in your hand while you count, risk dropping them, etc.  It would also be nice if the "cents" could be hooked together into a chain, so you could wear it around your neck like Mr. T, and unhook a few whenever you need to pay a toll, tip someone, etc.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:26:48 PM by Alex Libman »

BonerJoe

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »

legos

Thanks for linking that. I had no idea....

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »

Legos would be sweet. Then you can use your money to build stuff, like a maze for your pet mice. A $million dollar fully functional mouse maze for scientific research made completely out of money.  :lol:
I like legos too much.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »

"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »

Linking does not imply the assumption that all readers wouldn't know what it is.  There can be many other reasons, including emphasis, boosting Wikipedia's search engine ranking, purely subjective artistic purposes, a recommendation that (re)viewing that Wikipedia article may be an enjoyable if not informative experience, hint for some Nigerian reader who might not have played with legos as a child, etc, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 08:06:26 PM by Alex Libman »

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »

I didn't mean to criticize it just made me laugh. I love wikipedia. That site deserves all the publicity it can get. Freedom of knowledge is the greatest gift of the inter webz.

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
  • This is where the fish lives.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

Speaking of Lego, Brickarms (a lego compatible minifig weapons business) does offer silver and gold molded versions of their items from time to time. You should contact them directly about precious metal items.
http://brickarms.com

This is the same Brickarms company which you might recall was slandered as promoting terrorism and nazis by The Sun in their article 'Osama Bin Lego', which can be found here:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2002041.ece

If you would like some Chrome, Gold, and Copper coated/plated Lego parts (Real metals, not paint), try here:
http://www.chromebricks.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxIaEexl1Jk

I'm not only a competitive Lego builder, but I also sell parts and sets in my store called LibertyBRICK, which accepts AOCS silver for payment: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID=59159

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:27:29 PM by Peppermint Pig »
Vigilance towards Liberty, in perpetuity!

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »

I wonder how difficult it is to mold. Maybe if it's worth the trouble probably better then hiring a company to do it.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »

Wish I knew about brickarms when I was little (if it existed). The weapons are the 2nd best part about legos.

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 09:54:05 AM »

I was like the first kid in Moscow to get legos when I was 7 or so.  I think I was also the first to play with them in the bathtub, which is how I invented seasteading.  :roll:

BonerJoe

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »

Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  What Would Your Money Look Like?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.