Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?  (Read 89184 times)

Alex Libman

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

DanPatrick

Re: What would you add to the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »

That makes you a statist who hates the state, in the same way that a satanist accepts the premise of theism, that there is a God. That makes him a theist who hates God.

We both reject the state, but we are not coming from the same premise to reach our position. In the same way the atheist and the satanist both reject God, but are each coming from a different premise to reach their positions.

Just as atheists stand a much better chance of getting people to reject God than satanists do, so the advocates of voluntary government stand a much better chance of getting people to reject the state than anarchists do.

It doesn't seem like you know much about anarchism or satanism.  Satanists are nontheists and don't believe in or hate God.  How can you hate something that you don't believe in?

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
Re: What would you add to the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2008, 05:24:03 AM »

That makes you a statist who hates the state, in the same way that a satanist accepts the premise of theism, that there is a God. That makes him a theist who hates God.

We both reject the state, but we are not coming from the same premise to reach our position. In the same way the atheist and the satanist both reject God, but are each coming from a different premise to reach their positions.

Just as atheists stand a much better chance of getting people to reject God than satanists do, so the advocates of voluntary government stand a much better chance of getting people to reject the state than anarchists do.

It doesn't seem like you know much about anarchism or satanism.  Satanists are nontheists and don't believe in or hate God.  How can you hate something that you don't believe in?

It wouldn't surprise me that there are "satanists" who are non-theists any more than that there are "anarchists" who support voluntary government while rejecting the state. I'm just saying that to append such irrational labels to one's self creates unnecessary misunderstanding, confusion and hostility by going against common understanding and is a self defeating tactic, designed to irritate people instead of communicating with them.

This is motivated by a hatred of the statists and the theists and the desire to recruit their victims to the cause by annoying the oppressors, creating much heat, but shedding little light or mutual tolerance.

If you think that I misunderstand satanism, then please explain to me why it is a good way to present an anti/non-theological perspective.
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

Alex Libman

Re: What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »

Just came across this avatar on YouTube:

ThorsMitersaw

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 06:26:21 AM »

you may have seen the plainer version that was just an altered colored virginia battle flag.. also had a square version of it...
but people started using it for themselves on the nets so i added all the other imagery

seagreen is for classical liberalism, the larger single star in the middle is for individualism, the snake is from teh gadsden flag... and all that represents... the print pattern on yellow is for industrialization and the wealth and prosperity that is created through free interaction in the market place and all other areas of life. The battle flag itself represents my home, my sympathies for the south in teh civil war, my support of secession to the point of the individual man, and the general defiance it has come to represent.

I should probably add an A3 somehow.

I fully believe that no two market anarchist flags ought to be the same. We are individualists. Our flags should not be uniform. Share the yellow and black? probably. But look the same? hell no.

TippleBipple

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 06:08:03 PM »

My alliance flies this in Cyber Nations:

Vigilia Pretium Libertatis!
-Nice one. 

Alex Libman

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »

you may have seen the plainer version that was just an altered colored virginia battle flag.. also had a square version of it...
but people started using it for themselves on the nets so i added all the other imagery

seagreen is for classical liberalism, the larger single star in the middle is for individualism, the snake is from teh gadsden flag... and all that represents... the print pattern on yellow is for industrialization and the wealth and prosperity that is created through free interaction in the market place and all other areas of life. The battle flag itself represents my home, my sympathies for the south in teh civil war, my support of secession to the point of the individual man, and the general defiance it has come to represent.

I should probably add an A3 somehow.

I fully believe that no two market anarchist flags ought to be the same. We are individualists. Our flags should not be uniform. Share the yellow and black? probably. But look the same? hell no.

That's really beautiful.  Hope you'll post other versions you experiment with.

Ultimately there's no right or wrong way to do this: accepting ideas from others verbatim is OK, doing your own thing entirely is OK too, and there's nothing wrong with having a different "flag" for every day of the month, or whenever you feel like it.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2009, 04:25:27 AM »

Its been bouncing around in my head for awhile. I'm not that great with pic manipulation (it shows).
Full version so far: http://bayimg.com/image/baoeoaabn.jpg

The dove shaped bird with a gun represents the peace that comes from firearm freedom.
Black for anarchism, yellow for capitalism.
The flying of the bird and Ama-Gi represent freedom even more.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:41:45 AM by anarchir »
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2009, 04:43:16 AM »

What the fuck would an anarcho-capitalist want a flag for?

conrad from spain

• Irrumator
  • odi et amo
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2009, 04:53:48 AM »

Flags are only good for one thing.. BURNING!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2009, 04:55:44 AM »

The same reason you have an avatar, or why you wear pictures on your shirts or hats.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Alex Libman

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2009, 05:19:45 AM »

[...]  The dove shaped bird with a gun represents the peace that comes from firearm freedom.  [...]

Very nice bird, but honestly - I don't share your affinity for the rifle.  It doesn't represent self-defense any more (the enemies of our liberty have aircraft carriers and nukes) and it will drive people away.  A pitchfork or a sabot are just as useful against an airstrike, and make for a better symbol of resistance.  The core of Anarcho-Capitalism is non-aggression (which does require the right of self-defense), while people have been brainwashed to think of it as an "assault" rifle.  Then again, no one would put a bulletproof vest and a "less-lethal weapon" on their flag / avatar.

And doesn't "ama-gi" literally mean "return [ownership of a slave back] to his mother"?  I take a number of issues with that.  If that slave's slavery was forced upon him, then his new condition is no different than that of a rape victim after her rapist is done with her - he still requires justice for the violations of his rights.  And if he was an indentured servant, that is if he signed himself into a situation that some would find similar to slavery voluntarily, then it's an issue not of liberty but of personal responsibility.  And, while I believe in parents' rights, I also believe in emancipation of minors (through a legal process or automatically at a reasonable age), so "return to mother" may not be exactly the same as restoration of an adult's right to self-ownership.

Like many of my threads, it just asks a hypothetical question.  I'm not encouraging everyone to fly a flag or even use an avatar, I was just encouraging the people who are interested to brainstorm the design possibilities within a given aesthetic context.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:39:00 AM by Alex Libman »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2009, 05:32:58 AM »

Its interesting you bring up the type of gun. In the final design I'd rather have some form of handgun or even a rifle or shotgun, but in the original image I had found to edit it was holding the assault rifle and I had not changed it.  I'd like to also add feet before I'm done with the image.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2009, 06:06:15 AM »

An update, and way more Badass.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.