Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?  (Read 89152 times)

Dave The Dope Man

Re: What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »

I concure, but most folks consider white as being purer than black.  I don't feel that way, as a matter of fact there was a website showing the positive and negative representation of the two colors.

sdubois92

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »

"I'm bringin' it back"  --Clerks 2

spread the word, stars and bars represent rebellion.  Like some southerners say "heritage not hate" -- thankfully I can show you "Dukes of Hazzard" the movie -- which had a scene portraying the assumptions of racism on the part of some people.  Knowing the characters you would come to understand that they are anything but racist.  It didn't matter to them.  When spoken harshly to by black citizens driving by their vehicle (the General Lee) with rebel flag on top. . . the viewer saw that some symbols can be misconstrued.

as a child, I was never taught that the stars and bars represented racism, hate, or slavery.  By my government indoctrination it was a symbol for a group of people that would DARE to take themselves out of the United States system, and how the good guys stopped them from breaking up the SACRED UNION.  Later on it represented to me the ability to secede from a United States that I more and more began to dislike. 

It's distressing growing up a 'patriotic' citizen, only to have more and more examples of things I thought were wrong.  It's surely not easy waving an American flag as an Eagle Scout when I continued educating myself in history, much more than you get in public schools. 

I agree, the confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate to some Americans. . . and then some other people "get it"

I'm just saying, if we want to spread liberty, it doesn't help our cause to be associated with racism in any way. Just like all of those white supremacists who support Ron Paul, it doesn't help his campaign when he has people supporting him who are racist. We should be appealing to the masses, not the minuscule minority of people who don't associate the confederacy with slavery.

Alex Libman

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2008, 12:00:27 AM »

I'd like to see more variations on the black-and-gold flag, referred to on this thread as THE "Anarcho-Capitalist flag".  Note the definite article - it's like saying someone's THE MAN, it doesn't mean there are no other men on the planet, just as there can be other flag color schemes, it just singles something out as the leading dominant version.

Paul-ish

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Free Market
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2008, 12:50:03 AM »

There is a typical bisected flag design that's used in anarchist symbolism: the bottom-right triangle is always black, and in the case of Anarcho-Capitalism the top-left portion is usually gold or yellow.  A decentralized movement can never have any official symbols, but that color combination does seem to be pretty popular.  The flag design looks a bit incomplete though, but that's probably how it should be - it's just a template for individual people to customize, and there's a lot of room to add something.

I tried to come up with something simple that can be put in the top-left (yellow) corner to symbolize my views, which come close to Objectivism but not entirely.  What I ended up with can be seen in my current avatar.

[The gears symbolize mankind's capacity to create useful things.  The fact that they interlock but if you look closely don't really touch symbolizes individualism, and how individuals can deal with each-other on voluntary basis through capitalism, exchanging value for value.  The horizontal positioning of the gears, in contrast to the bisecting slash below, creates a subtle illusion of a smirking face in gear-rimmed glasses, or a pair of hairy testicles (i.e. "balls of steel"), but that would be analyzing things too far.  The left gear contains a little symbol of a bolt of lighting, symbolizing the feminine - inspiration, beauty that needs to be tamed, and fertility.  The right gear contains a light-bulb (similar to the cover of Ayn Rand's "Anthem"), symbolizing the masculine - ideas, enlightenment, results, utility.  They combine to turn raw power that exists in its potential form into things that make life better.]

So the theme of this thread is: what would YOU add to YOUR personal version of that flag, working within the established color scheme and template?

EDIT:  for when I change my avatar later:

Subtle Watermark Version

Top-Left Corner Detail

Without reading other posts, its interesting how I interpreted your flags differently on first glance before reading your post. I didn't see the icons as a masculine/feminine thing at all. What I was was the gear with the light bulb symbolic of thought and creativity working with lightning bolt gear, symbolizing action, turning those ideas into reality.

Alex Libman

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2008, 08:03:57 AM »

The creativity & action aspects are the core of it.  I then thought up the masculine / feminine thing, perhaps as over-analysis.

Alex Libman

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »

I like the "The South Shall Rise Again" avatar by Cygnus (left), but I'd make it symmetrical (two of my mod on the right):

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:48:44 PM by Alex Libman »

AntonLee

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »

now that's what I'm talkin about Alex. . . . those designs are sick and exactly what I was hoping for out of this

I really like all three!

Alex Libman

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »

I also made this...  Go MS Paint!  (j/k)

I like the bottom half representing fascism / communism / statism - notice that the fasces also appears on the Lincoln memorial, hands in U.S. congress, etc, etc, etc...  I wasn't sure what to put in the top half, representing the triumph of free-market capitalism, so I got a little silly.  If you can make better versions, please do.

now that's what I'm talkin about Alex. . . . those designs are sick and exactly what I was hoping for out of this

Um, "sick" or "slick"?   ;)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:04:34 PM by Alex Libman »

AntonLee

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »

sick, which by coincidence also means slick hehe

AntonLee

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »

read the entire thread before you talk so you don't sound AS stupid.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »

I vote for the unwashed masses to kill the intellectuals.

We have a true anarchist here!

You'll be spared.  The masses will just surge on by. 

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »

I didn't make this, but it's the one I have adopted as my banner. When the person who designed it gets some made, I am getting one and flying it.

I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »

So the theme of this thread is: what would YOU add to YOUR personal version of that flag, working within the established color scheme and template?

What? That was a flag? I just hacked it up and made a robe out of it. Makes a better robe than flag. Besides, if you need a flag, there's always the plain black flag.

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
  • This is where the fish lives.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2008, 08:40:02 PM »

My alliance flies this in Cyber Nations:

Vigilia Pretium Libertatis!

Black represents self-government and the responsibility required to maintain your Liberty against violence and authoritarianism. (Anarchy)

Yellow represents the freedom to associate, and engage in trade and industry, creating wealth and friendship through Liberty. (Capitalism)

Blue represents the principles of Liberty, and maintaining order through voluntarism. (True Justice)

The torch (typically White in a simpler design) amalgamates peace and our pursuit of non-aggressive solutions. (Peace)

The flame symbolizes the idea that the greatest gift we have is our freedom of choice, and that we should find common benefit in granting liberty to others, as we would want it for ourselves. (Freedom of Choice)

I found the snake and rifle design somewhere.. this was just a logo for an alliance merger:

in a previous alliance I was with, the FCC (Fifth Column Confederation (we like lots of irony, we had a 'Director' position like a communist state would)), this was the flag:

Vigilance towards Liberty, in perpetuity!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2008, 03:30:42 AM »

I like the snake on the M16 design, and besides, who doesn't love Steel Reserve?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  What'd you add to *your* version of the Anarcho-Capitalist flag?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.