Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  wallmart protest
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: wallmart protest  (Read 26663 times)

mrddixon

Re: wallmart protest
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

...yet you don't see that your picture makes you look like a "just plain dick" to people who disagree with you about what they should be protesting? I'm responding to you in kind, you simply don't seem to have realized that.
Please. A picture is a lot different than an personal attack on an individiual.
Part of being an adult is respecting anothers ideas, even if you disagree with them. Grow up, dude.
Go ahead and reply if you want, but this getting old

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »

Please. A picture is a lot different than an personal attack on an individiual.
No it's not. How? Because you just don't feel like it's personal when you make a picture? If you think you're shouting out into the void "wallmart [sic] protesters are idiots!" and some wallmart [sic] protester was standing right next to you or within earshot, do you really think they're not going to take it personally, no matter what your intent or how you feel you were doing it?

War is impersonal now that we use guns instead of swords. Does that make it less of an act of murder? No.

Part of being an adult is respecting anothers ideas, even if you disagree with them. Grow up, dude.
Wow! More hypocrisy! A thread about a picture wherein you disrespect wallmart [sic] protesters' ideas and now you're telling me about respecting people's ideas being the mature thing to do! I have a harder and harder time taking you seriously every time you say something. You aren't even mature by your own standards!

Go ahead and reply if you want, but this getting old
It's getting old because deep down you know I'm destroying you and you don't like it one bit. I'm making you look like a hypocrite and you don't like that. That's not the reaction you were hoping for. It wasn't your goal. In fact, it's the exact opposite! You posted this here to get props and now look, you're getting made fun of. It sure sucks doesn't it? Moreso because you also know that I'm right. You know you're being inconsistent. You could think this through far enough to know that wallmart [sic] protesters are an ineffectual lot, but you didn't think far enough ahead to recurse this principle. You can't rationalize it to yourself sufficiently, you have to face the fact of why you did this, why you made it, and why you posted it here. You have to. But you don't want to. So it nags. And because it nags, you'll keep coming back to the thread. You aren't even doing anything to shut me up that involves thinking far enough ahead to factor in recursion. It's not like I'm going to shut up about the hypocrisies I observe in you because of half-assed rebuttals like you're giving, or I'm just going to all of a sudden become bored with this thread.

If you think I'm wrong then prove it. State your intention in posting it here. Call it venting frustration and hatred, call it seeking artistic criticism from a not-terribly-artistic forum, call it looking for the sympathy of others by insulting what you believe to be a shared enemy. After a diatribe in which I so arrogantly describe my suspicions about your thought process I'd love to discover that I was wrong, and I imagine you'd love to show me that too. So let's hear it. Describe your intentions in such a way that they are both sensible and make you look like a good person. Describe why it's in fact not inconsistent to do what you are doing.

Think before you type.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 10:09:09 PM »

..yeah, but why dontcha go to Target instead?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

OUND

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 11:46:01 PM »

..yeah, but why dontcha go to Target instead?
Can't really complain. Thus the whole point of going to Wal-Mart just to start a hissy fit while buying Cheap Chinese Crap is wasted.

Freedom_Man

• I hate tyrants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »

Good, because Wal-Mart is a corporation, which should be opposed by libertarians of all varieties. Join your girlfriend's parents in their protest against evil.

Yeah, and go right ahead and protest against me as well. I pay income tax for all of my three jobs. I'm evil.

Not evil you're either stupid or ignorant. If you REALLY believe you pay income tax for your jobs.
What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right

While a peaceful revolution would be best I am afraid the regaining of our rights may require bloodshed. Â

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »

Why are you necroing year-old threads?

Half the people in this thread don't even post here anymore.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 11:54:07 PM »

Why are you necroing year-old threads?

Half the people in this thread don't even post here anymore.

Why are you protesting activity in the Photoshop board?

Hardly anyone ever posts in here.
Do yourself a favor.

pattylee loves dogs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »

Check out family dollar for the best price on detergent, and stuff like that.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »

Check out family dollar for the best price on detergent, and stuff like that.

ORLY!?
Do yourself a favor.

ForumTroll

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »

wat

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »

"wallmart" still bugs the crap out of me. Maybe more now than it did the last time it popped up on recent topics.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Hairy Brown

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:03 AM »

walmart has the bestest prices. these people go there http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ they be lowballing

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »

Wow, I can't believe this thread got bumped again o.o

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

Family Dollar doesn't always beat Wal-Mart on detergent and dog food but it is a lot closer to my house and less crowded and they carry that Awesome household cleaner.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 03:01:16 PM »

The size of WalMart helps other similar retailers reach those competitive low prices.  Walmart contracts with manufacturers and reaches a low price if the company wants to have their product sold there.  In turn, that manufacturers competitors have to stay competitive, and market their similar product at a relatively similar price. 

It doesn't work to the penny, but it makes a price point.  How much is Windex?  Its about $4, I guess - because I saw it at WalMart. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  wallmart protest

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.