Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  The New Hampshire Currency Exchange Company
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Hampshire Currency Exchange Company  (Read 74225 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: The New Hampshire Currency Exchange Company
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »

Various forms of striking a die (with a hammer). This is the simplest/cheapest way to go (who can afford a $1000 press?) it seems. That and the melting straight into the blank mold.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »

(who can afford a $1000 press?)

I'm sure people would entrust friends to make their coinage for them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »

(who can afford a $1000 press?)

I'm sure people would entrust friends to make their coinage for them.

Ah, true. Just like how you can bake bread in your own house but would rather let a baker handle it. Superior products from superior services. But I think the important part is getting the bare backbone laid out as cheaply as possible. The goal is to flood the market with these coins right? After the most simple yet effective way is figured out, for the willing activist more fancier ways may be purchased and utilized. Every step of the coin making process can be made better (even how it cools in the mold) but priorities are there.

Here's what I have so far:
Take an old blank template and create a mold out of plaster of paris(:?: I think that would work)
Melt the silver in a small container and pour it into the mold.
Weigh and shave appropriately the remaining blank until it reaches 1 troy ounce (or half,etc depending on the die).
place it between the die and pound with a hammer a certain number of times.

I think that is the absolutely simplest way.
I'm researching now how to melt down mixed metals (coins/jewlery/junk) and separate the silver.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »

[...]  here is our community currency backed by silver  [...]

I've decided that currency should either be made from or be backed by something that represents value in a survival situation.  Gold & silver can experience as much inflation and value collapse as fiat currency!  Why exchange pieces of paper that represent shiny metals you can't eat, drink, communicate with, fire from your gun, wipe your butt with, plant to have a harvest by autumn, etc?  Maybe we should stop trading pieces of paper issued by "money banks" and start trading shares in "primary value banks" - farms, grain silos, local weapons manufacturing plants, etc?

I would love to see a group of dissimilar small business people try a trade out commodity system in NH.

It would only take about 10 individuals to make a almost independent loop.

Yeah, and I didn't say we have to trade in physical barter and lugging the assets around like idiots - just a local currency that is backed by local "primary value" assets instead of metals.

Any system, that was used to keep track of trade wealth, would have to have a self destruct though.
If a tradeout system lasted for 10 years or so it would create a lot of wealth the feds would like to steal.

Yeah, the government can come and put a noose around our necks at any time - that's a given.  Our best strategy is to make it as difficult and as costly as we possibly can for them to do this, especially when it comes to getting some degree of public opinion onto our side.  It would be more difficult for the government-licensed media to spin us as gold-hoarding tax dodgers if our currency is backed by land, beans, and solar panels instead!  Oh, and we could figure out some kind of a religious loophole as well...  ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:24:06 AM by Alex Libman »

digitalfour

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2009, 10:38:18 PM »

Just need to test to see if the silver is real silver, with branding serving the purpose of company xyz tested and guarantees this to be pure silver.
Yeah branding is uneccessary, just weigh it and test for silver.

You guys are silly. Not having good brands is the whole problem. We need better choices, not just more.

Here's a guy you should talk to about minting and refining: http://marketharmony.net/

I've bought and sold with him, he's good.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »

http://crisistimes.com/hyperinflation.htm

This may soon be the best possible time to start up a silver coin/barter system.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2009, 01:43:11 AM »

Oh, and an update to delvalley silver.

They now sell 1/2 ounce silver coins for $10
http://www.delvalleysilver.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=10

In addition to their 1 ounce coins for twenty.

I'd buy some, but they haven't a clue as to how to let me log in. I created two accounts and still cannot get in.

antijingoist

« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »

make sure you change the type of account you are logging into before you log in. It defaults to merchant. You need to click 'member login' where the password is, and then log in.
I want to buy silver from them also, but buying a few ounces from them is expensive: 7$ shipping. Buying 100 is cheaper: $7 shipping. :D

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »

make sure you change the type of account you are logging into before you log in. It defaults to merchant. You need to click 'member login' where the password is, and then log in.
I want to buy silver from them also, but buying a few ounces from them is expensive: 7$ shipping. Buying 100 is cheaper: $7 shipping. :D

Yeah they use awesome shipping which actually makes them the cheapest place around I think for pricing.

But so far as logging in goes, I've troubleshooted everything they've told me to do, merchant, consumer, change of password, change of username, etc etc it just tells me I have an incorrect password or username. I'll have to try on someone elses computer I guess.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2010, 06:59:09 AM »

Do yourself a favor.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:36 AM »

Not really sure how that last picture had anything to do with anything, but I'm glad that this topic has made some good discussion.  If I finally do come up (Ya, I know that I said I'd be up in two weeks last year, shit happened)  I'd definately be buying a crucible and melting coinage. 

Anyone know how to seperate silver from baser metals?
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2010, 04:24:50 PM »

Not really sure how that last picture had anything to do with anything, but I'm glad that this topic has made some good discussion.  If I finally do come up (Ya, I know that I said I'd be up in two weeks last year, shit happened)  I'd definately be buying a crucible and melting coinage. 

It depends on the metals. It is has a higher melting point than silver, then you heat it up until the silver is melted then strain it. There are more complex ways than this that involve heating, chemicals, etc.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2010, 04:30:01 AM »

Not really sure how that last picture had anything to do with anything, but I'm glad that this topic has made some good discussion.  If I finally do come up (Ya, I know that I said I'd be up in two weeks last year, shit happened)  I'd definately be buying a crucible and melting coinage.  

It depends on the metals. It is has a higher melting point than silver, then you heat it up until the silver is melted then strain it. There are more complex ways than this that involve heating, chemicals, etc.

Well specifically, I was thinking of:

1) Sterling Silver which can have copper (which I'd like to save), Germanium (don't know anything about) Zinc (garbage) and Platinum (Definately keep)

2 Silver Half Dollars 1965-70 ( %60 copper)

Melting Points of these metals:

1 Silver-1760F
2 Copper-1981F
3 Zinc- 788F
4 Germanium- 1702F
5 Platinum- 3214F

So, I suppose just do a round of heatings, first to 800F, strain out zinc.  then to 1702F strain out germanium, then to 1760F strain out silver, then to 1981F strain out copper. . .

What sort of investment am I looking at to get an oven to get to the temperatures needed to do this?  I'm sure that a normal fire couldn't do this.

I just found this kit:

http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/hmkit.html

$200. . .doesn't seem too awful expensive.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:33:40 AM by Low-Eight »

antijingoist

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2010, 04:42:43 AM »

I've done zinc quite a few times on my kitchen gas stove.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »

I've done zinc quite a few times on my kitchen gas stove.

Ya, zinc isn't very high on temperature, as far as metal goes. 

The more I look at this, the more I'm convinced that I can melt the metals in a graphite crucible on a charcoal fire. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  The New Hampshire Currency Exchange Company

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 32 queries.