Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  Camera Tossing...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Tossing...  (Read 10662 times)

bakerbaker

Camera Tossing...
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

Has anyone ever used this technique to capture wild images/light trails?
Essentially, you just set the timer on your camera, aim at your target, and throw it up in the air as the shutter's about to open up.

http://cameratoss.blogspot.com/2005/10/nods-tossing-guide-for-beginners.html

While I was walking home last night, there was a routine traffic stop going down.  There were two cop cars idling on the side of the road with their cherries&berries a-light.  I got about 75 feet past it before i remembered that I had my camera in my pocket, and decided it would be an oportune time to fool around with teh camera toss.  So I sat there on the sidewalk dickin' around with a camera for the duration of the traffic stop.  I was half-expecting one of the cops to come over and ask me what I was up too...but they probably saw me throwing my camera up in the air like an idiot and thought "...retard."

:lol:

anyway, not all of them were keepers, but here are some of the cooler images that I was able to capture:
:D

Russell Griswold

Re: Camera Tossing...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »

I haven't tried that yet. I've been doing some of the slow shutter stuff though.

This looks cool though.

bakerbaker

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »

sheit...i wish i could manually set the shutter speed on my camera.  The closest I can get is setting the exposure to the max.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:09:56 PM »

sheit...i wish i could manually set the shutter speed on my camera.  The closest I can get is setting the exposure to the max.

I have the SD 750. I remember you had the 1000. Does your have an option to go into manual mode?

bakerbaker

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:16:30 PM »

I have the SD 750. I remember you had the 1000. Does your have an option to go into manual mode?

Oh yeah.  I typically have it set to manual, or macro if I'm wanna get in close.  but the options in the manual mode on that model are fairly limited...color, light balance, and exposure.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:19:02 PM »

Oh yeah.  I typically have it set to manual, or macro if I'm wanna get in close.  but the options in the manual mode on that model are fairly limited...color, light balance, and exposure.

When you are in the exposure menu, the -2 to +2 one, try clicking the menu button. It should take you to another settings menu. Maybe this is only on mine.

YesWeCan!

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:24:48 PM »

You know, you really shouldn't bother the police when they are trying to do their job.    :?

bakerbaker

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »

I will look into this. :)

bakerbaker

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:33:55 PM »

Hell Yes!  I can do this.  Never even realized it.  Thanks, man :)

Russell Griswold

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »

Hell Yes!  I can do this.  Never even realized it.  Thanks, man :)

No problem, dude.  :)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:37 AM »

This is what I will do when I take the next picture of myself.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 12:37:08 AM »

That's mean.  :lol:

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 12:38:43 AM »

Why? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 12:40:20 AM »

Why? 

You'd be teasing me.  :lol:

rabidfurby

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 12:41:54 AM »

Why? 

You'd be teasing me.  :lol:

I thought that was a given.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Photoshops
| | |-+  Camera Tossing...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.