Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| | |-+  Suggestion for a show on LRN
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for a show on LRN  (Read 13211 times)

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Suggestion for a show on LRN
« on: April 12, 2009, 12:51:10 AM »

I'm not sure if you're open to suggestions for shows on LRN, but one that I think you might want to consider putting on is No Agenda. http://noagenda.mevio.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Agenda

This is Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak's twice a week, soon to be three times a week show covering everything going on in the world.  Think Alex Jones, but less ranting and raving, and a little more common sense.  They approach it almost like a comedy at times.  For those of you that are too young too remember, Adam Curry was one of the first VJ's on MTV, back when MTV actually played music videos.  And John C. Dvorak is a tech guy with a crapload of podcasts under his belt besides No Agenda.

keep up the awesome work! Enjoying LRN :)

Alex Libman

Re: Suggestion for a show on LRN
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:56:49 AM »

• The Fractal - a theory put forth by John that the world power structure is based on a mathematical fractal, an infinite self replicating shape. He came to this realization after news of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme scandal broke. Dvorak contends that the Madoff scandal is merely a replication of the larger financial system's deceitful nature and shortcomings. The fractal principle has been used by both hosts to find similarities between a specific example of wrong doing and the larger failings of the system.

:shock:

Incognitum

• Alaskans for global warming
  • Somthin' not as much for the ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »

Yeah, Adam Curry is also the jerk running Mevio (formerly Podshow) cheating people in his network out of their content, stealing content from people not in his network, and generally being douchey.

If you want real liberty oriented shows for LRN, go get Jimmy Doane.  Hilarious and informative, always liberty oriented.  Also, Libertarian Dime runs a tight ship with regular postings, though generally liberty-oriented, host Shane Brady does happen to support courts and guns deciding what is and is not true (I'm doing my best to show him why he's wrong).  Cato has a daily podcast which is liberty-minded in a limited/constitutional government way.  Econ talk is excellent, regular, and educational.  While not strictly liberty-oriented, Russ Roberts is distinctly pro-market and often talks about public choice theory (the principal/agent problem at the heart of government's inability to function) and is great background for any liberty minded person to have when trying to communicate with statists.  Freedom watch has an audio podcast...  Just a few ideas.
Poinete; ede ede, tachu tachu!

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »

Yeah, Adam Curry is also the jerk running Mevio (formerly Podshow) cheating people in his network out of their content, stealing content from people not in his network, and generally being douchey.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:35:36 AM »

He also lives in a hotel room after cheating on his wife.On the plus side the podcast is sometimes funny if you enjoy poking fun at the bureacrats.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:21 PM »

If you want real liberty oriented shows for LRN, go get Jimmy Doane.  Hilarious and informative, always liberty oriented.  Also, Libertarian Dime runs a tight ship with regular postings, though generally liberty-oriented, host Shane Brady does happen to support courts and guns deciding what is and is not true (I'm doing my best to show him why he's wrong).  Cato has a daily podcast which is liberty-minded in a limited/constitutional government way.  Econ talk is excellent, regular, and educational.  While not strictly liberty-oriented, Russ Roberts is distinctly pro-market and often talks about public choice theory (the principal/agent problem at the heart of government's inability to function) and is great background for any liberty minded person to have when trying to communicate with statists.  Freedom watch has an audio podcast...  Just a few ideas.

After they moved to twice a week, the shit stopped being funny.  All they do is whine and carry on about conspiracy crap that doesn't do anything.  I do like Dvorak because he seems a little bit more level-headed, especially on some of the other podcasts he's been on.  Not saying he's right, but at least he provides substance.  I noticed the No Agenda show really took a hit when Curry announced his divorce, the show just has outright sucked the last month or so. 

Thanks Ian and Mark for not listening to my bad advice :P  I second the Freedom Watch audio podcast idea.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »

Jimmy Doane is back?  They were gone when I first looked at programming.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 03:41:10 AM »

Dan Carlin mentioned the free state project on his recent podcast.

http://www.dancarlin.com/csredir.php?show=Show-160---Frozen-Shoulder-Federalism

He was talking about secession movements around the USA and mentioned the fsp.Very thoughtful podcast about the benefits of America breaking into separate states.

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

MichaelWDean

• Worms!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 12:59:34 AM »

I don't know about Curry's personal issues or dealings, but I do find his show quite fun in small doses.

He DID co-invent podcasting,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_curry#Podcasting
so it would be very hard for me to bash anything he does.

He was also very gracious with me in the one e-mail dealing I've had with him, me asking permission to use something he said on NoAgenda about our movie, "Guns and Weed: The Road to Freedom." He gave us permission to use it as a blurb that's going to be on the cover of the DVD packaging:

"A great film. And it truly IS America.
--Adam Curry

:D

MWD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:05:41 AM by MichaelWDean »

srq_hiker

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
    • moraca.org
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »

I listen to No Agenda - I like their take on "deconstructing the news media" and sometimes they are funny poking fun at politicians.  They are mostly liberty friendly but that is not their main focus.  The morning jock stuff is a bit much sometimes but I keep listening (actually did stop for over a year)

MOE from between St. Joe's River and the railroad tracks

• "Take whatever you can get..." -MOE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »

I listen to freedomwatch and LewRockwell's podcasts. These are both short and effing amazing.

Powa to the people!

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »

I think following up Porc Therapy with the latest Sex, lies and Anarchy improves the enjoyment of both shows. It also gives a more balanced pitcher of intelligent female personalities in the liberty movement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| | |-+  Suggestion for a show on LRN

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.