Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| | |-+  Sex, Lies & Anarchy comment thread
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sex, Lies & Anarchy comment thread  (Read 32975 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Sex, Lies & Anarchy comment thread
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:24:09 AM »

http://www.sexliesanarchy.com/
Does anybody else find this show interesting? I guess I like to hear friendly conflict and this particular podcast delivers in spades. I hadn't even downloaded the animal rights episode. I was like, "so what?" but heard it anyway on LRN. They take subjects and really make them interesting.

Antigone

• View Profile
    • Sex, Lies & Anarchy
Re: Sex, Lies & Anarchy comment thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:05:57 AM »

Thanks, Alaric! I really appreciate your support of the show. Let us know if there's anything in particular you'd like us to discuss. Same goes for the rest of the world. :P

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:25:18 AM »

My only beef with the SLA gals is that y'all still have not taken up my offer to be guests on NH Capitol Access!   :P

Antigone

• View Profile
    • Sex, Lies & Anarchy
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »

Denis - Let's revisit after Liberty Forum. Maybe Kellie and I can do it then. Candy is in bridezilla mode right now and useless to me. :P

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »

How about a discussion about treatment of people who follow the NAP but have questionable values, such as, sexist, racist, strict parents, religious fundis who think every one but them is going to hell, homophobes etc.. It is my belief that the following of the NAP is the most important thing for the movement. I think in a free society (FreedomFeens language "LibPar") I would choose to live in a gated community with restrictions on self- righteousness. I believe racist could live in segregated comunities and I wouldn't judge them harshly. Like to hear you girl's take, but it is a toughie.
On this board there seems to be a division between people who want to wait for human evolution to be ready for LibPar and people who want a NAP based LibPar NOW.(Dale mentioned NAPsters which I think is fucking stupid but fine. I am a NAPster)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »

It is my belief that the following of the NAP is the most important thing for the movement.

It's the most important thing, period. It's at the foundation of a society that can coexist despite inevitable disagreements.

But the argument you seem to be making is that it's ALL that matters, that once that is done, then all the disagreements become irrelevant. We don't live in a society that respects the NAP, and most of those things you described are the myriad of excuses people use to justify violating the NAP. Getting to a place where people do respect the NAP is going to take elevating their critical thinking skills and letting go of beliefs that are only there because they've been indoctrinated into them. Statism is only one such belief. Many religions and the associated beliefs that go with them fall into the same realm of nonsense as statism. The evolution that needs to happen to get our society to be peaceful is going to involve all of that stuph.

But the other thing that you seem to be leaving out is when I address all these other beliefs that I have a beef with, I'm not violating the NAP either! So what's the problem? There seems to be this notion that I, while totally trying my darnedest in a thoroughly statist world to abide by the NAP, should shut up about the beliefs that others have that I sincerely think are irrational and part of the same mental processes that keep them from questioning things simply because that's how they've always believed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:25:13 PM by Dalebert »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »

That link has it's own thread actually. I like the Neema on freedomfeens interview better though and it covers the same thing.
It takes a generation to evolve, you are working on changing minds Dale and that is well and good, I don't care that much, sorry. Oversensitivity and self- righteousness bug the hell out of me more then racism even when directed at me. I was very specific about following the NAP, they start using their beliefs as a excuse they are not the people I am referring to. There are plenty of homophobes who do not initiate violence on gays. There are plenty of racists who just avoid those they hate, it is those people I am talking about.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »

There are plenty of homophobes who do not initiate violence on gays. There are plenty of racists who just avoid those they hate, it is those people I am talking about.

Well, sure. And those types are far and away better than hateful people willing to use violence. Their hatred still fuels violent movements though. That's why I think we always layout the framework that the NAP is the foundation and always needs to be key. We can have differences as long as we don't resort to violence over them.

It's like, we've laid out the ground rules so we can actually have intelligent discussions instead of fighting over the things we disagree on. Now let's have those discussions.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 09:01:33 PM »

It's like, we've laid out the ground rules so we can actually have intelligent discussions instead of fighting over the things we disagree on. Now let's have those discussions.

Yup.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Antigone

• View Profile
    • Sex, Lies & Anarchy
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »

Dale, that's actually what the show is all about! We don't argue about libertarianism or the NAP being right or wrong. We got that. Now, in a stateless society - what do we do? These are the most interesting of conversations.

Alaric - we were actually planning a show on ostracism as a panacea to libertarian problems. I think your question fits in nicely. Thanks for the input!

Highline

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »

Alaric - we were actually planning a show on ostracism as a panacea to libertarian problems. I think your question fits in nicely. Thanks for the input!

I couldn't agree more.

http://storeyinstitute.blogspot.com/2012/01/why-libertarians-need-to-talk-to-left.html

This link also belongs in the "Less Stephanie" thread.

Is that thread still going on?   :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:34:05 PM by Highline »
-/-

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 02:03:39 AM »

Is that thread still going on?   :P

Read up on it. I think you'll find it entertaining.

Antigone

• View Profile
    • Sex, Lies & Anarchy
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »

Here's the episode on ostracism, if y'all are interested.

http://sexliesanarchy.com/2012/02/10/episode-36---ostracism,-the-bull-crap-panacea/

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »

http://www.sexliesandanarchy.com/2012/03/09/episode-39---the-fear-of-aging/
3 Beautiful 30 year old women talking about aging and putting a positive spin on it.
How cute.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| | |-+  Sex, Lies & Anarchy comment thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.