Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Is benefiting from welfare or other public services immoral?

Poll

Is benefiting from welfare or other public services immoral?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is benefiting from welfare or other public services immoral?  (Read 75936 times)

lockedup

• View Profile
Is benefiting from welfare or other public services immoral?
« on: August 26, 2015, 05:48:33 PM »

Is  it immoral to take redistributed money from government entities or use their services? Say for example a person who takes a disability check from the government because he suffers from a "mental illness". In my opinion it is and I will present my case. But I might be wrong and would like to hear other peoples opinions.

Molyneux once said (I don't remember exactly if he was talking specifically about disability) that since the money has already been stolen and taken away via taxation and since the service will be provided regardless, one might as well take advantage of it.

This assumes that the amount of money that this service requires will never increase due to an increase in demand for the service.

But if there is more demand for the service the government may act accordingly and generate more supply which would lead to increased taxation.

So for example: the more people relying on a disability handout or using X service, the more likely the governmental entity will be to request an increase in taxation to cover for this service. In a similar manner, if everyone stops relying on welfare the programs might be terminated and therefore there might be a reduction in taxation. So, as far as I can tell, everyone who is using the service is partly responsible for governmental theft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Is benefiting from welfare or other public services immoral?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.