Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Serious Business
| | |-+  Vigil Against Anti-Homeless Laws, Lakewood, NJ
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vigil Against Anti-Homeless Laws, Lakewood, NJ  (Read 8661 times)

libman.org

• irrepressible
    • View Profile
    • Tent City Movement
Vigil Against Anti-Homeless Laws, Lakewood, NJ
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

Bullied out of FSP, I stayed in Lakewood, NJ - the only libertarian activist in town...  In Feb 2013, I learned that they were about to pass a municipal ordnance to harass and kick out the homeless camping on "public land", and that has become my main area of focus.  Here's a very small sample of my latest dealings with the local cops:

To learn more, please visit TentCity.org

Being homeless is illegal in Lakewood, NJ.  Over a hundred homeless people camping in the woods on unused so-called "public land" were forcefully evicted from their homes in this town - a travesty that has harmed both the poor and the taxpayers as well!

To protest, I set up a tent in the middle of Lakewood Town Square - a Free Speech action for which I was repeatedly arrested, in violation of my Natural Rights.  I am now facing over SIX MONTHS IN JAIL...

• libman.org/cam - I have absolutely no video editing skills, and no one to help me.  I hope other activists will take my raw camera roll photos and videos, all PUBLIC DOMAIN, and create better YouTube videos to tell the story...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:55:17 PM by Alex Libman, the Creepy Homeless Guy of Lakewood, NJ »

libman.org

• irrepressible
    • View Profile
    • Tent City Movement
Re: Vigil Against Anti-Homeless Laws, Lakewood, NJ
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:47:30 PM »

At least it's 3 free squares a day.

I guess you haven't heard about my Hunger Strikes.  I've spent 50 days in jail in my life (6+3+7+11+3+20) without consuming a single calorie, only drinking water.

Last one was 19 days and 5 hours before the judge had to let me go.  They kept me locked up in Medical for observation 24/7, waiting for me to pass out so they can force-feed me, which didn't happen.  Lost 40 pounds.  Gained it back since.  8)

Next time I'll go 3-4 weeks at least.  The longest Gandhi ever went is 21 days, and he drank lemon juice, which is cheating in my book - makes a HUGE difference.  I asked for calorie-free electrolyte / multi-mineral / multi-vitamin supplements that you're supposed to take (costs pennies a day over the counter), but the bastards won't give them to me...  They're also refusing to release my medical records.   :x

libman.org

• irrepressible
    • View Profile
    • Tent City Movement
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:31:03 PM »

So, what is the point of your adventures?

Fucking the government.  For details, buy my upcoming book (or read the shit I've been posting on forums for the last ten years).   :P

libman.org

• irrepressible
    • View Profile
    • Tent City Movement
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:36:39 AM »

Welp, I'm not in jail yet...

Follow me on Facebook for all news and details.  Yes, Facebook is an "eeeevil corporation", but it has a much better track record than Free Talk Live.   :lol:

What have you accomplished?

Much libertarian egoboo.   :D

You can grovel before my awesomeness by donating digital currencies:

•     ฿  -  19XLBPzjywUTyfaMhwCzX4CRTsk5uXnnGH  -  Bitcoin‬
  •     Ł  -  Ld4gaj2nrWEVzt2Qykavkeca1vu8gtqBmR  -  ‪Litecoin‬
  •     ℕ  -  MxVshCNu35Wm1BFgwMb4NjX2TS2N7dX6hX  -  ‪Namecoin‬
  •     Р -  DMRSPjHDQ7DsZ8WfbCtNctAmCehpa5NLsD  -  ‎Dogecoin‬

Are you looking for private land to live on, or just public land?

Solving problems of poverty through NGO charities that can afford to buy private land is an accomplishment, but land constitutes well over like 95% of the start-up costs for a Tent City type shelter.

Solving problems of poverty by fucking the government into handing over "public land" to NGO charities and setting that precedent would be a MUCH bigger victory, and I think it's actually attainable.  The government has a lot of unused "public land" but no budget to deal with the homeless.  By providing the land, politicians can look good from both "helping the poor" and "saving tax money" perspectives.  Result: less government-owned land, less government spending, more voluntary charity donations going to things other than land.

The government is the root cause of homelessness, regulating people out of low-income jobs and artificially inflating the cost of living (especially housing and healthcare).  The "war on drugs" and the fucked up education system don't help either.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:22:33 AM by Alex Libman, the Creepy Homeless Guy of Lakewood, NJ »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Serious Business
| | |-+  Vigil Against Anti-Homeless Laws, Lakewood, NJ

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.