Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Pot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pot  (Read 10503 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Pot
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 10:51:39 PM »

Doesn't work like that.

You ever eat weed?

Try it sometime and get back to me with the results.

Doesn't do anything.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »

Doesn't work like that.

You ever eat weed?

Try it sometime and get back to me with the results.

Doesn't do anything.
yeah it does. It just takes alot more of it to get the same effect as opposed to putting it in brownies or something that gets heated up to release the chemicals....... trust me... if you eat enough, you will feel it. Waste of bud....... yes, but you can get high eating it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:23:00 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 01:36:20 AM »

I think you'll find it irritates your stomach something fierce.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »

I think you'll find it irritates your stomach something fierce.

Oh yeah, a friend of a friend ate almost a quarter bag to get rid of the evidence when the cops showed up at a party. He wasn't pleased. Mostly because he ate/wasted a quarter bag and they didn't even search anything, just looked around and told everyone to keep it down a bit then left. It wasn't projectile vomiting or anything, just a dull ache that made him queasy.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 03:20:37 AM »

You don't want to eat dope. 

The reason pot has a psychotropic effect is actually to prevent animals from eating it. 

MichaelWDean

• Worms!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »

Interesting how you and your partner left any personnel stories out of Guns & Weed.

It's something I learned from Hubert Selby Jr when I was doing this documentary about him
http://www.cubbymovie.com
, about keeping the ego and the self out of the art.

We are in the movie though, but basically because there aren't a lot of actors in Wyoming. Neema is in it rapping and being the newscaster, and I'm the bad cop, Dan Banning, and the guy hiding in the closet with the gun calling the cops on himself.

We talk about personal stories in interviews elsewhere. For instance, the reason I'm a pot activist even though I don't smoke pot is that my daughter died of cancer and broke the law to get some comfort from pot before she died. The thought that someone could put her in a cage for that infuriated me.

We talk a lot about our motivations for making the film, and tell some more personal stories, in this interview with Claire Wolfe:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/ClaireWolfe/2010/12/31/guns-and-weed-the-interview-part-i/

MWD

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 03:53:12 AM »

I'm amazed by this thread's posts.  The highest I've ever been on pot is when I've eaten it.

If you aren't getting high you are doing it wrong or not being patient enough and waiting from 1-4 hours for it to work.

The claim that it takes more pot to get high from eating it is somewhat bunk.  I've had some kick-ass cookies from pot that had already been vaporized (albeit a lot of it) as well as cookies that were great and made with regs-to-mids.  No need to put the high-grade stuff in food because you are getting all the THC via your stomach.

The claim that you have to heat pot to get high from eating it (like via making butter with it) is bunk.  I have ground up pot in a coffee grinder and put it in standard size gelcaps.  Take 2-4 caps and I am high as a kite.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:55:05 AM by FTL_Ian »
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 07:56:57 AM »

In college, at one point (I think it was over New Year's break) I had an assload of dope cookies. By an assload, I mean, like 50 high-potency cookies. All the campus food services at which I could have used my meal card were closed, and I had little-or-no money to buy food - just enough for enough Raman Noodles and Bragg's Liquid Protein to allow me to survive.

But I did have cookies. So I ate them. And got munchies. So I ate cookies. Lather, rinse, repeat till I'm literally feeling as tripped out as if I'd done a hit or two of acid. Really wigging.

Then my friend comes over with his massive water bong and some pot.

Hilarity ensues.

That evening I had dinner with the family. Still wigging. They never knew. You learn how to play it cool, being a psychonaut.
Veteran of the Psychic Wars - Blue Oyster Cult

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »

I'm amazed by this thread's posts.  The highest I've ever been on pot is when I've eaten it.

If you aren't getting high you are doing it wrong or not being patient enough and waiting from 1-4 hours for it to work.

The claim that it takes more pot to get high from eating it is somewhat bunk.  I've had some kick-ass cookies from pot that had already been vaporized (albeit a lot of it) as well as cookies that were great and made with regs-to-mids.  No need to put the high-grade stuff in food because you are getting all the THC via your stomach.

The claim that you have to heat pot to get high from eating it (like via making butter with it) is bunk.  I have ground up pot in a coffee grinder and put it in standard size gelcaps.  Take 2-4 caps and I am high as a kite.

It's interesting you say that.  I make butter from my trim, and use the butter to make sugar cookies.  The sugar cookies are my most useful and common medication.  I occasionally vaporize bud and also throw the remains from that in my butter, when I make it.  I probably shouldn't, but I also throw in the kief from grinding bud and from my trim box (I use a box with a silk screen and a mirror.)

As for the gelcaps, I tried putting coconut oil in them, and didn't like it at all, plus it was a PITA to fill them.  I processed the oil sorta like butter, and it worked well for brownies, which don't keep well, so I don't make them any more, whereas sugar cookies last weeks and weeks in tupperware.  As for raw (and, actually, the oil in gelcaps) I found they irritated my stomach.  The gelcaps were a PITA to process, too.  I positively hated tea.  Tasted gross.

As for baked versus vaped, I've found that baked is a better body effect (and it's about the pain, for me) while vaping is more psychoactive.  I find it worthwhile to vape recreationally on occasion (shocker), but also when I need to take the edge off quickly, fearing my pain will get really bad while I'm waiting for cookies to kick in.  As for baked time effects, I'd say it's usually noticeable by one hour, if you look for the signs, and peaks in about two.  It's after two hours that I usually re-dose, typically at about half the strength of the initial dose.  I have felt profound (pain reduction) effects in as little as 30 minutes, though.  Probably has to do with what the digestive system is up to; for example, if I hadn't eaten anything else then have a meal, I often start feeling it in the middle of my meal.  Vaping, on the other hand, I can use if I take a fairly long lunch and want a relatively clear head after.  It can (counterintuitively) enable me to think so I can get my work done, and of course, the psychoactive effects go away more quickly.  Another side note, the psychoactive effects seem to be be inverse to the amount of pain I have, meaning if I'm really in bad pain, the psychoactive effects are practically not noticeable.  I'd say this is because the pain is debilitating, and the lack of it is rehabilitating, so the effect of the "high" is minor in comparison to great pain (for those unaware, the greatest pain usually get involves something like cluster headaches, and often nausea, which is why thinking is greatly impacted by the pain.)

I've never really paid much attention to comparing the quantity used in the processes, but I'd say both vaping and cooking are more frugal than smoking, from the experiences of others, and the fact that I don't really use much, but use it fairly often.  I think I could grow one plant a year in a libertarian environment (I.E., outside, during growing season) and have more than enough for myself--probably just using trim, for that matter.  

It blows me away how inexpensive, and fairly easy, that would be.  Of course, if it were completely legal, you could probably go to the equipment rental store to rent a trimmer cheaply, and cut down on the really crappy work.  As inexpensive as the plant would be, you wouldn't be hypersensitive about the waste that comes with that sort of method, either (not to mention, it's all just more trim, with which I make my butter.)

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »

I tried telling em, Ian, but they wouldn't listen.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 02:37:58 AM »

I'm not reading all that shit.

You can cook pot, eat it, and get high.

But I do not recommend eating uncooked pot.

Anybody who eats uncooked pot is stupid, gram for gram. 

If you have one gram of pot, smoke the fuckin shit.

I could catch a nice buzz a half-dozen times off a gram of good pot.

If you're eating pot like a reard - by all means, continue. 

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 03:43:40 AM »

Yeah, eating pot straight up is a waste, no doubt. I was refering to my earlier comment where I jokingly said "I just put a big fat wad of it between my cheek and gums and chew on it all day. But then again, im pretty much a hardass.", and someone commented, saying you "cant" get high eating it, which is bullshit, you most definitely can.

No question though, just throwing a bud into your mouth and chewing on it wouldn't be something I would recommend.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:46:10 AM by quickmike »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »

I used to have a real big fish tank, and it had albino frogs in it.

If you've ever seen an albino frog eat a pellet, thats what this thread reminds me of.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 10:08:58 AM »

lol
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Pot

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.