Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks  (Read 91301 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2011, 07:55:10 AM »

Why not burn them in a indoor stove?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

You never know what's been stacked on em... some gooey toxic shit could be soaked in the wood and you may end up breathing the fumes when burned. Unless you have a sealed stove/good ventilation I guess.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »

Good point. I'll put a warning of some sort on the "uses" video.
How did you end up on my ignore?

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »

Also, the buildup in the chimney or stove pipe of the chemicals in the treated wood can cause chimney fires down the road.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »

Good point. I'll put a warning of some sort on the "uses" video.
How did you end up on my ignore?

Dunno! I saw someone had ignored me but I didn't click to see who. Prolly cause I was fuckin around.

quickmike's got a good point too.. especially if it's pine wood they've used.

Checked again. Says I'm ignored by only 1 person.. "Sutherland".
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:58:49 PM by Aunt Bee »
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

alaric89

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:54:15 PM by alaric89 »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »

Contrary to every cop show and kick-ass heroine you've ever seen onscreen, low cut tops and firearms are not a good idea, at least not when you're really shooting.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »

Contrary to every cop show and kick-ass heroine you've ever seen onscreen, low cut tops and firearms are not a good idea, at least not when you're really shooting.

What? You dont like sizzling hot casings in your cleavage?  :P
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »

Yeah, I hate that.
That is why I use revolvers.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »

What? You dont like sizzling hot casings in your cleavage?  :P

No, no, I do not.

At least I remembered to change out of open toe slingbacks this time... because a hot casing landing on foot is also unpleasant.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2011, 10:57:45 PM »

Titburns and toeburns are no fun.

Now, if you shoot a lot, one that you may find hard believe can eventually happen.

Historically (up until two years or so ago, when the prices went zany) I shot around 250 rounds per week.

That's a lot of chances for weird shit to go down.

I once had a .22 casing get part way up my nose. It fell out immediately.

The worst was a steel .45 super (Just like a .45 auto only much hotter loads) casing land and stick between my ear and head, like how blue collar smokers do with cigs. That's hard to pull off if you're wearing shooter's glasses, as there's already something in there.

By the time I felt the pain, it was sorta stuck there. Took a layer of skin but no permanent damage.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2011, 07:49:14 AM »

The worst was a steel .45 super (Just like a .45 auto only much hotter loads) casing land and stick between my ear and head, like how blue collar smokers do with cigs. That's hard to pull off if you're wearing shooter's glasses, as there's already something in there.

By the time I felt the pain, it was sorta stuck there. Took a layer of skin but no permanent damage.

Ouch! My 9mm burn mark doesn't seem bad at all now. Popped it out of my bra, shook my shirt, and it was over.

250?! I usually take in a box of ammo, use it, and buy new box on way home. If taking both handguns, I use about 1/2 each. I'm only able to make it a couple times a month, but I'd like to get up to having it be my regular Thursday thing. (Ladies day at range) It's fun to be needing fewer rounds to kill my zombies each time... though the S&W 40 is proving to be a challenge. Can't quite keep it steady, so I'm working on aiming slightly down and to the right to compensate. So far, so good. I can aim for the nose and shoot out an eye.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »

Ouch! My 9mm burn mark doesn't seem bad at all now. Popped it out of my bra, shook my shirt, and it was over.

250?! I usually take in a box of ammo, use it, and buy new box on way home. If taking both handguns, I use about 1/2 each. I'm only able to make it a couple times a month, but I'd like to get up to having it be my regular Thursday thing. (Ladies day at range) It's fun to be needing fewer rounds to kill my zombies each time... though the S&W 40 is proving to be a challenge. Can't quite keep it steady, so I'm working on aiming slightly down and to the right to compensate. So far, so good. I can aim for the nose and shoot out an eye.

At least you could shake that one out. I once had a casing bounce from the stall, and down my shirt. Burned for a bit, but I wasn't about to unbuckle my belt to get it out. It stayed in there till I went to the bathroom later in the day, when I had already forgot about it. That was a weird moment.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »

I once had a piece of red hot welding slag find it's way down to my balls. Couldn't fuck properly for almost two days.
I have been thinking a lot about the future and options here are a few of the thoughts passing through my limited mind. Is the USA salvageable? What are the options?
http://sealionsfoundation.com/Home.php
These guys seem savey but religious people make me nervous.
http://earthship.com/
Smart, but goddamn hippies.
http://seasteading.org/
I think these guys are a lot of dreamers with very few doers. Why didn't they take possesion of that oil platform some company tried to give away a few years back?
(they had to scuttle it) Here is the FMR interview with a child.
Seasteading - The Next Wave of Freedom?
Then there are of course these guys who seem to believe they can get rid of the system by using it or getting their ass kicked by it. They also seem to enjoy infighting, which is very amusing but kind of counterproductive.
http://freestateproject.org/
There is always here.
http://www.freestatewyoming.org/about-free-state-wyoming.html
Who?

Go Ron Paul.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:55:57 PM by alaric89 »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

MVI_0694.MOV
Neat little film showing a CNC mill making a aluminium nameplate.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:56:46 PM by alaric89 »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Mad Max / Off the Grid tips n' tricks

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 34 queries.