Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Heavy, swollen, engorged bags
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavy, swollen, engorged bags  (Read 29530 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy, swollen, engorged bags
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »

Even in urban areas?

I'd thought the same that alaric did. If you buy a gun you have to have a check, right?

In the city there's not a lot of places to go to shoot, so y ahave to drive to a range. Don't you have to have a license for your gun to have it in the car legally?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »

Even in urban areas?

I'd thought the same that alaric did. If you buy a gun you have to have a check, right?

In the city there's not a lot of places to go to shoot, so y ahave to drive to a range. Don't you have to have a license for your gun to have it in the car legally?

Some states, yeah, some states, no. In Illinois for instance, you have to show your FOID(firearm owners ID) when you purchase a handgun, so by default, they know you have the gun, even though its not implicitly recognized as a "registered" gun.  Just a play on words. There are records, complete with serial number of the weapon linked to the purchase. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few states where you can buy a gun at a gun show or private owner where there is no need for serial numbers to be recorded.

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »

And gifting, I think. If a person is given a gift it'd be rude to refuse it.

So in the event of routine weapon confiscation (Katrina) you are approached and ordered to hand it over. They have a record that you own a gun. Let's say it was stolen but you can't prove it. Do they bust through your house? Take ya to jail?

It's an extreme scenario. Just curious.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »

So in the event of routine weapon confiscation (Katrina) you are approached and ordered to hand it over. They have a record that you own a gun. Let's say it was stolen but you can't prove it. Do they bust through your house? Take ya to jail?

I actually asked this exact question to my cousin, who used to be a Chicago cop before he got a real job.

He said "Well, I woudn't suggest it......and you know why, but theres not really a whole lot they can do unless they could prove you knew the gun was stolen in advance and simply didn't report it."

The "you know why" was in reference to the fact that CPD is known to be rather thugish and intimidating towards people they believe are lying to them.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 01:35:05 AM »

I actually asked this exact question to my cousin, who used to be a Chicago cop before he got a real job.

He said "Well, I woudn't suggest it......and you know why, but theres not really a whole lot they can do unless they could prove you knew the gun was stolen in advance and simply didn't report it."

The "you know why" was in reference to the fact that CPD is known to be rather thugish and intimidating towards people they believe are lying to them.

To be honest - - it's not just the CPD.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »

rifles - no registration...maybe not in Illinois, but pretty much everywhere else..

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »

rifles - no registration...maybe not in Illinois, but pretty much everywhere else..

Like I said before, you dont have to technically "register" the gun in Illinois, but for all intents and purposes, its the same thing. When you purchase a rifle or pistol in Illinois, you have to present your FOID card, which the state requires you to have if you live here. When you fill out the required form, the gun model and serial number are on that form, along with all your personal info..........they keep this form forever. So yeah, its the same thing as registering. They can call it whatever they want though, I guess.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

I dunno...I can buy at walmart with my dl.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »

I'm only talking about Illinois.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »

yea, here in AR, they sell shotgun shells at the grocery store..

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 03:01:56 PM »

yea, here in AR, they sell shotgun shells at the grocery store..
They sell them at Wal Mart in CA.

And long guns won't be registered here until 2014...  We might be able to beat that by then though.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

Even in urban areas?

There's no gun ownership licenses in most states as far as I know.  In CA you need a "Handgun Safety Certificate" to purchase new handguns, that takes about 10 minutes to get and isn't registered with the state.  It's just a little paper card the gun store gives you after you complete the 20 question multiple choice quiz, and you don't need to keep it around after you complete your purchase.  But handguns are registered with the state here... but there's no license or registration card to carry around, and you can have unregistered handguns if you acquired them before 1991.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »

I want a crovel (crow bar + shovel).

http://uncrate.com/stuff/crovel/
We're used to multi-tools that fit in your pocket, so seeing the Crovel ($85) for the first time was a bit of a shock. Named for its mashup of a shovel and crowbar, the Crovel also serves as a saw, axe, hammer, bottle opener, and more, letting you pack lighter while preserving maximum utility. Just don't let it fall into the wrong hands — if an axe murderer is deadly with his namesake weapon, imagine the damage he could inflict with this thing.

Shovel
Crowbar
Pryer/Nail Remover
Axe
Hoe
Hammer
Serrated Knife
Cleaver
Saw
Machete
Can Opener
Grapping Hook
Chair

That's dead sexy!

I carry this as my EDC pack with a few things.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

I want a crovel (crow bar + shovel).

DOOD! That has zombie apocalypse written all over it!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »

I was gonna buy a Crovel and then I saw the episode of Doomsday Preppers highlighting his personal survival skills.

He blew his own thumb off at the range while teaching his kids how to use guns.

I am not joking.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  Guns, Drugs, and Crazy Independence Stuff
| | |-+  Heavy, swollen, engorged bags

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.