Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Your Earliest Memory
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Earliest Memory  (Read 2165 times)

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
Your Earliest Memory
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »

Just curious as to how far back most people can recall vivid memories.

My first memory is so clear it feels like it happened yesterday. I was a little over a year old, my mom was baking bread and letting the dough rise in a green Tupperware bowl behind the house. I remember getting carried outside, then her getting uptight and setting me in a tractor tire sand box. I remember looking over and seeing the dough overflowing out of the bowl and spilling on to the ground.

I have no idea why that memory stuck as I really can't recall anything else until the 4 to 5 year range, and at that point most of the memories are of me accidentally drinking my dad's Skoal spit out of "New Coke" cans.

How about you? Satisfy my curiosity..what is your earliest memory? :)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:43:53 PM by The Green Bastard »

ForumTroll

Re: Your Earliest Memory
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »

Taking a shit on the lawn. I'm not kidding. Probably when I was 3.

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 11:29:33 PM »

ROFL. I did the same thing last year. That is why I rarely drink hard booze while hitting the pipe nowdays  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:40:03 PM by The Green Bastard »

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »

Standing up in my crib watching Johnny Carson.

My mom's first memory is more interesting: she remembers being in the incubator feeling very sad when her parents walked away from her. (They couldn't take her home yet, obviously. Not like a week-old baby would know any of that.)
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »

I was two or three, and I followed my mother out of a house we were staying at (I have a vague idea of where it is, too), and she said something along the lines of "Watch out for the spider, it's got an egg sac." I looked behind me, and there was a big ass black and red spider that, from my childhood perspective, was the size of my head!
Bushi no ichi-gon

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »

I was three. Fell off a kitchen counter trying to reach some cookies. Cut my elbow, and laid in a pool of blood until Mom got out of bed and took me to the hospital for stitches.

A long time ago, that was.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »

Standing at the foot of my parent's bed, leaning on and looking into my mother's hope chest and being startled by and watching a beam of sunlight shining through the bedroom window.

That was most likely 1976.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Bill Brasky

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »

Standing on the edge of a dirt road, watching a short line of people walk by.  They were carrying their possessions in bags slung over their shoulders.  A man in mirrored sunglasses asked me "What shall we do with them, Invicto?"  And I said "Kill them all." 

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »

Spring or summer, outside sitting on some steps at Mamaw's house & her helping me brush my teeth. Probably 1974 or so when I was 3.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »

I have a few like this, but can't place the times for any of them because I was so little when it all happened.

I remember playing in the snow in our home in Iran. My brother put me in a sled, and started pulling me around in circles until the centrifugal force made me tip over. I tumbled out of the sled and began to cry.

I also remember one of the bombing raids during the Iran-Iraqi war. The family ran downstairs and onto a bunch of blankets. Our parents stuffed some cotton-balls into our ears, and we huddled together while airplanes flew overhead.

There was another time when we moved onto a farm. What sticks out in mind from then was watching my older sister chasing the geese around.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »

My earliest memory was darkness somewhere I wasn't familiar with. I can't say it was the womb for sure, but it wasn't the first house I lived in that's for sure.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

ThatOneGuy

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Anne Frank Zappa
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 05:15:42 AM »

it's either climbing out of my crib and falling on these awesome huge pillows we had, or my 2nd or 3rd birthday with these creepy sad clown pictures everywhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Your Earliest Memory

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.