Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.  (Read 12298 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:11 AM »

Common misconception: many assume cannabis must be smoked, rather than ingested in other forms.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »

Common misconception: many assume cannabis must be smoked, rather than ingested in other forms.

I wouldnt doubt some people I know would be consuming cannabis butter for medicinal purposes (arthritis pain, etc).  Personally, I'd like to be able to cook with it and experiment with recipes without the fear of the roommate turning me in (she's a bitch).
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 06:14:06 PM »

I wouldnt doubt some people I know would be consuming cannabis butter for medicinal purposes (arthritis pain, etc).  Personally, I'd like to be able to cook with it and experiment with recipes without the fear of the roommate turning me in (she's a bitch).

Food, really is, in my opinion, the best for pain (and you're looking for primarily indica here, not sativa.)  My pain is transient, so sometimes I might wake up with it, or develop it in a stressful situation.  When that happens, relief from food can be a little slow, and I may use tincture or vapor, but I always go with the food as well, because I've found it works best against the pain without as much euphoric effect (unless I eat too much.)

If you can cook elsewhere, sugar cookie mix (with medicinal butter) may be the thing for you, as they have a good shelf life and don't seem to stink much (I sprinkle cinnamon on them.)  You can do the butter by putting the active material in water with the butter in a crock pot for a few hours, stirring occasionally.  Whenever you process medicine you want a temperature that stays over 80C and never goes over 140C (I try to keep it between 220F and 260F when doing oil, but when doing butter in water, you can't overdo it unless you boil the water away.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:22:08 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »

i have made a few decent cups of weed-tea with peppermint and what not. had some pretty kick ass chocolate cupcakes too  :D
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »

The first time I ever had cannabis I ate it in a muffin.

I got so fucking high I lost my mind.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Riddler

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »

wheed.
i would still only do it on the weekend or camping.
not a hard-core doper.
but i'd grow the shit right out in the open.

blackie

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »

I'd have a greenhouse.

Riddler

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »

I'd have a greenhouse.

shit yes.
in the cold climes, to get one thru the laborious winters

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »

Probably not much would change. Maybe I'd smoke weed a couple times a month or something. Can't do anything useful when I'm high, I find.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »

Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Riddler

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »

alcohol's a drug too...
i'd be boilin corn likker like popcorn sutton...and sellin' it at the farmer's market in mason jars..
yee-fukkin-haa

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »

This is not criticism of your comment, but something I've been thinking about in that regard:

"alcohol is a drug"

I know the context is to remind people that it's a mind-altering chemical (I think, and I like the idea, in general), but I'm wondering if "drug" is really the right word--for alcohol in specific.

What I mean by that is unlike pot, for example, alcohol is a poison and the effect of the poisoning makes you high.  In my opinion, this makes alcohol worse than just a drug.  If drug laws made any sense (forget the morality for a moment), one that poisons you would not be practically encouraged while possession (in enough quantity) of alternatives that don't is a felony.  :shock:

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »

What I mean by that is unlike pot, for example, alcohol is a poison and the effect of the poisoning makes you high.  In my opinion, this makes alcohol worse than just a drug.  If drug laws made any sense (forget the morality for a moment), one that poisons you would not be practically encouraged while possession (in enough quantity) of alternatives that don't is a felony.  :shock:

How do you define "poison" in such a way as to include alcohol but exclude other recreational drugs?

Riddler

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »

What I mean by that is unlike pot, for example, alcohol is a poison and the effect of the poisoning makes you high.

it's only poisonous to the system in high quantities.
ie; medical profession stating that 2 glasses of wine (spec. red) a day is better for you than no booze at all...and those tested were healthier than tea-totallers;
also,alcohol has medicinal uses as well.

fatcat

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »

This is not criticism of your comment, but something I've been thinking about in that regard:

"alcohol is a drug"

I know the context is to remind people that it's a mind-altering chemical (I think, and I like the idea, in general), but I'm wondering if "drug" is really the right word--for alcohol in specific.

What I mean by that is unlike pot, for example, alcohol is a poison and the effect of the poisoning makes you high.  In my opinion, this makes alcohol worse than just a drug.  If drug laws made any sense (forget the morality for a moment), one that poisons you would not be practically encouraged while possession (in enough quantity) of alternatives that don't is a felony.  :shock:

That includes nearly every other drug besides weed.

LSD, DMT, Salvinorin, Psilocin and such are much more poisonous than alcohol, in terms of how much of a pure solution you'd actually have to drink to kill yourself.

That said the "good times" dose of those drugs is much much lower than the lethal dose, whereas with alcohol, its relatively close, especially as people develop massive tolerance to alcohol much easier than hallucinagens.

There are many hardened alcoholics who drink very close of what would be lethal doses of alcohol to me every day, and the same can't be said for most hallucingen users.

If you want to say Alcohol is worse than most people think/most other drugs, you can say that, you don't have to start calling alcohol poison.

Poison and drug are two distinct terms. Not all drugs are poisonous and not all poisons are drugs. Alcohol happens to be one of the many drugs that is fairly poisonous and psychoactive.

make like the germans and composite.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:51:10 PM by fatcat »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.