Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.  (Read 12300 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »

I started thinking about this after coming across more info about William Pickard. That guy was producing clean, quality LSD and now sits in jail for doing so. From the descriptions of what he made and the time frame in which they were made, I figure I've sampled at least a couple of his goods.

I tried acid before pot or anything else and never really enjoyed any drugs other than hallucinogens. So if there were no laws against taking a trip now and again- that's what I would do. Shrooms & microdots too. Never had an interest in coke either and haven't tried MDMA or salvia.

(The info I came across was about Gordon Skinner. Apparently he injected someone with some dope that resulted in an OD, so he went to the DEA to rat out Pickard in order to avoid being charged with that crime.)

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »

I used to read countless amounts of books on psychedelics when I was in high school. My dad gave me a mushroom growers guide when I was 16ish or 17ish???? Never grew any, but I can say that most of the mushrooms I have taken....... have started out mellow but later on I always end up debating with the devil.

Over here they sell a lot of "philosophers stone" sorts of truffles, I think they are still legal in the states, not sure, have to check the laws back at home but I know you can order em from magictruffles.com or something. First night I tried some I think the "mexicana" ones, they kicked my ass majorly and I ALMOST never wanted to do them again.

As far as weed goes, it makes me sleepy, super sleepy. If I wanna have a kickass night of sleep, I can take two hits and be out for 6 hours atleast. I have to say we walked into a coffee shop in Amsterdam and smoked half of one pure joint and I thought I was going to have to be carried back to the hotel (it was insane compared to what I used to get in NC). So it sounds pretty lame/cliche/whatever but if you do smoke and/or grow, Amsterdam is worth the trip... The hemp museum is really cool, the seed banks are cool too. The touristy coffee shops suck but Basjoe and Cafe Rusland on the outskirts of redlight are really cool!
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »

smoke a joint now and then, maybe mushrooms on very special occasions (like once in a blue moon when i need a good kick in the ass to put things into perspective), did my share of acid in high school and would try it again if i could get my hands on it but that would also be used the same as mushrooms (far and in between)...

never had an urge to put anything in my nose or in my veins with a needle, so even if legalized, i probably wouldn't go for it anything like that

This. minus the experience with acid
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

fatcat

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »

Pot every now and then, possibly in butter or foods to avoid the smoke.

Have you tried a vaporizer (a good one, not a shitty $70 one)?

Pot would be out, as it is now, because it only make me sleepy. And by sleeply, I mean I fall into a deep restful sleep within 10 minutes.

As far as weed goes, it makes me sleepy, super sleepy. If I wanna have a kickass night of sleep, I can take two hits and be out for 6 hours atleast.

Have either of you tried a good Sativa?

Most black market weed is Indica or has majority Indica genetics, since its more profitable.

The difference in effects between a strong indica and a strong sativa is almost as striking as the difference between cannabis and some other drugs.

super abridged version :

Indica makes you sleepy/relaxed
Sativa makes you trippy/energetic

Of course theres huge variation within these broad classifications, and storage/curing technique can have almost as strong an effect on end effects as genetics.

Since weed isn't just one drug, but a collection of many different psychoactive compounds, you should really shop around to see which kind of strains you prefer, something the current black market isn't very useful for.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 07:27:36 PM »

I could go for a trippy/relaxed combo if that exists. Last time I smoked pot (no idea what variety it was) I was completely paranoid. Wasn't much fun.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »

I'd be buying my drugs at Walmart, or at Costco about two or three times a year.  I'd probably never touch alcohol, with the exception of an occasional glass of red wine, also purchased at Walmart or Costco.  I'd be very happy to get cheap pot for my spinal malady, and I'd probably just buy it in cookie form.  Otherwise, I'd probably ingest the same stuff I am now, but I'd have to look at a drug buyer's guide to see what stuff there is that's not addictive that I might be interested in occasionally partaking in (perhaps speed, or something like it, from time to time, such as when traveling by car.)

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 08:38:42 AM »

Have either of you tried a good Sativa?
In Amsterdam, it was a Sativa that knocked me on my ass in the coffee shop and I almost wanted to cry because it was so hard to walk back to my hotel, my hotel was one door over from the coffee shop.

Also got some hash in Maastricht once that made me hallucinate and then (I think) vomit. First part was fun, second part could have also been a hallucination/dream but I still have no idea.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:32:47 PM by robin.m »
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »

Probably a lot like now, only I could probably buy joints from vending machines like you can with cigarettes.

I might buy a gram of coke or a little opium once in a while, just to see what it's like.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 02:36:44 PM »

I'd probably try marijuana once. But it doesn't seem like anything I'd get in to.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »

Washington State voters are soon going to decide whether to legalize marijuana. So far, the measure is doing pretty well. Even our local prosecutor favors the measure. "We're wasting resources trying these minor little pot cases," he says. In the unlikely event it actually passes, it will be interesting to see what happens.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »

Wouldn't change; I still wouldn't partake in any. Never wanted to before, and it sure as hell isn't because of the law.
Bushi no ichi-gon

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

Washington State voters are soon going to decide whether to legalize marijuana. So far, the measure is doing pretty well. Even our local prosecutor favors the measure. "We're wasting resources trying these minor little pot cases," he says. In the unlikely event it actually passes, it will be interesting to see what happens.

That's nice. I hope it passes. I'm very happy to see how much more legalizing marijuana is being openly discussed. Of course, I still don't want it in my home. I can't stand the nasty smell of the stuff.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »

I probably wouldn't change my habits.  I hate the idea of smoking, injecting, or snorting anything.  There's also something about mushrooms in general that makes me sick, so I don't think I'd be doing any shrooms, either.  Currently, I drink alcohol fairly infrequently, almost always socially, and never to excess.  I also avoid caffeine most of the time.  I might consider LSD or something, but it's really hard to say.  I'm not all that interested.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 12:11:57 AM »

Salvia was just banned in WI last week officially. The ASSHOLES!

(edit: exceptions apply of course)
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 04:52:11 AM »

If the freedom of the free-market allowed some entrepreneurial drug manufacturer to come up with a drug that gives you the high of ecstacy without the shitty come down, then I'd probably do that every other big night out.

Otherwise, nothing would change. I'd occasionally do weed, occasionally do a line or two of coke, and very occasionally, if it's a huge special occasion, do some ecstacy or MDMA.

It'd be awesome being able to get safe product in exact quantities though!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Your drug habits in a world without drug laws.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.