Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Yes, I deleted the Christian Anarchy thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Yes, I deleted the Christian Anarchy thread  (Read 19252 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, I deleted the Christian Anarchy thread
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2011, 11:47:18 PM »

What's the point?  Gene has backups of most of it anyway, it will never die.  I'm not sure whether to put my head in my hands or laugh hysterically, either. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 03:04:55 AM »

GOD works in mysterious ways

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »

facebook, when I want to talk to my friends I phone them, or even better, I go to their place or they come to mine, then we go out and have fun, what a concept. I give humanity a decade before we've become the fat asses from Wally, hovering round in our hover chairs IM'ing friends to check our facebook page for pictures of what we just ate when we are in the same fucking restaurant sitting across from each other. I used to know someone I thought was a friend, when I was at their place and asked them about their recent holiday they said I should check out their facebook page, needless to say I haven't bothered with them since. I'll admit I've checked twitter feeds when travelling to help me figure out some cool things to do, but facebook, no thanks, maybe some day there will be a fuckbook or shagbook, that might be interesting.

There already is - http://www.fuckbook.com/

Wouldn't be surprised to be bombarded with spam or something though.

I just ignore the requests for mafia wars etc. People get the message you're simply not interested, especially when you tell them you're going to unfriend them if you get 1 more request from them. I typically jump on facebook for a very short time now and then just to see what some people are up to, maybe chat to someone for a couple of minutes and thats about it. I can't really understand those that have it such a big part of their lives or spend all day on there.

I never really looked at the Christian Anarchy thread. It had gone hundreds of pages and I figured I'd missed the point/joke long ago and wasn't interested in searching for it. I might have made a post in there at some point but it sure as hell wouldn't have been on topic. I don't really care that it's been deleted. I'm not going to miss it.
People are so brainwashed by government and media lies that they'll actually argue their own rights away.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »

You can just keep blocking applications.  They start getting fewer and farther between over time.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »

I think the government should make Facebook illegal.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »

You can just keep blocking applications.  They start getting fewer and farther between over time.

I almost never get requests these days. If they do get through I consider defriending the person.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2011, 12:28:43 AM »

Just deactivated my Facebook account.  It kind of feels like when I quit World of Warcraft.  A relief and good riddance.  I do still contemplate going back to WoW but been off it for years.

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »

Awesome!  That means more Dalebert action on the forums that matter!  :D

Can you squeeze in a Faghate sequel by around June?  Have your people call my people...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »

Just deactivated my Facebook account.  It kind of feels like when I quit World of Warcraft.  A relief and good riddance.  I do still contemplate going back to WoW but been off it for years.

I have a facebook account, but only have it to placate my sister.  She can send me emails in facebook and they make it to my *real* email.  Otherwise, I don't participate in that crap.  Got a whole bunch of facebook "friends" I never communicate with (on facebook--I do email with them all the time.)

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »

I just realized another benefit of facebook, today. Sometimes, during a lull in the day, I'll skim through the status updates on my fb app for blackberry, rarely posting anything. This morning, I used information garnered from someone's status in a phone conversation with that person. FB actually enhanced communication with a real life friend.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Amazing Richard

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2011, 04:40:36 PM »

I just deactivated my account, too. I never go on Fagbook, but they keep sending me all kinds of bullshit into my email. So, I tried to get facebook listed as spam on hotmail, but I couldn't figure it out, then I requested that all facebook crap be sent to my junk folder.

However, when I checked my email, today...I noticed a "friend" request in my regular "inbox". the photo included, was of an attractive blonde milf, but I don't recall her name, and basically have no idea who this chick is. Maybe some singer-songwriter spammer who wants to send me all kinds of crap spam about the next crap cafe that she will be performing at.

And then, when I went to deactivate the account, the facebook automation showed a bunch of pics from my friends list, and added the words, "we are going to miss you" to all their pictures -- basically... Facebook's evil way of trying to put a guilt trip on me to stay. Facebook is pure evil.

Anywayz...hopefully now that I have deactivated the account, I will no longer receive any more facebook crap into my email. This is now the second time I have deactivated an account. Next time somebody tries to convince me to sign up to facebook again, I will say NO...just like Nancy Reagan.....JUST SAY NO!

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2011, 04:43:12 PM »

I just realized another benefit of facebook, today. Sometimes, during a lull in the day, I'll skim through the status updates on my fb app for blackberry, rarely posting anything. This morning, I used information garnered from someone's status in a phone conversation with that person. FB actually enhanced communication with a real life friend.

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to have them tell you about the thing in their status while on the phone with them?

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to have them tell you about the thing in their status while on the phone with them?

Yes, but I never would've known about it and they might never have mentioned it.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »

Yes, but I never would've known about it and they might never have mentioned it.

I suppose.

You may pass.

I still say Facebook sucks the sweat off a mountain goats balls though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:58:55 PM by quickmike »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2011, 11:40:59 PM »

Facebook would be a good place for me to voice my opinions, vent my hostilities, and proffer my accolades. 

Do they have policies discouraging any of that? 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Yes, I deleted the Christian Anarchy thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.