Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  WTF Rand Paul?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF Rand Paul?  (Read 1700 times)

Davy

• View Profile
WTF Rand Paul?
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »

BobRobertson

• View Profile
Re: WTF Rand Paul?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »

Rand is just a bit too much of a "blame the illegal aliens" type for me to get behind.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

davann

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »

Yep.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure the kind of people who like his father's politics are the ones who recognize his name more . . . and are the ones who'd want Guantanamo closed down.

I seem to remember Obama saying he wanted it closed down too. I say we should close it down and sell the land back to the Cuban government, myself . . .
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »

I say we should close it down and sell the land back to the Cuban government, myself . . .

Hell no! Just sell the facilities off to the highest bidder. Or abandon it, let squatters and other free people use what they want, and have a free (aka Hong Kong) city spring up.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure the kind of people who like his father's politics are the ones who recognize his name more . . . and are the ones who'd want Guantanamo closed down.

I seem to remember Obama saying he wanted it closed down too. I say we should close it down and sell the land back to the Cuban government, myself . . .

It's on a $1 annual lease I think. And what bob said.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »

I say we should close it down and sell the land back to the Cuban government, myself . . .

Hell no! Just sell the facilities off to the highest bidder. Or abandon it, let squatters and other free people use what they want, and have a free (aka Hong Kong) city spring up.

Hahaha, if that were to happen the Cuban army would roll in and take it back.

Also, I didn't know about the lease.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  WTF Rand Paul?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.