Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  WTF?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF?!  (Read 26708 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: WTF?!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 10:14:30 PM »

This is what you get for investing too much time and resources in one spot. All your eggs in one basket. I've gotten too involved in a forum before, and it stings when something happens to the place. You just have to keep going, man.

:?

Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »

Ian is talking about selling the back up to you for $1 million, which would be an insanely excellent half-price discount.  You could then remount it for just $10 a month or something.  Maybe you can raise the money for it when you convince someone to pay you that much for your balls or a limb or something like that.  You seem to have an inflated notion of the market value of those things as well.

I will pay one whole dollar for one of Libman's testicles.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Alex Libman

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »

Keep going?!  Did you ever spend a whole evening writing something and then have a computer glitch and lose it?  What just happened to me is that times 1000!  Some of the most valuable thoughts ever achieved by the human race were documented on this forum!  Some of my best arguments on other forums were hyper-linked to this one for examples and clarifications...  It was a living thing, and one of the greatest living things in the known universe, and they just fucking killed it for no reason!  How can you have anything but murderous rage for such people ever again?!

BonerJoe

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »

I understand the frustration. It's time to move on.

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »

Quote from: <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/ftl-updates/browse_thread/thread/5f1e3d4d80d53f02">Ian via FTL-Updates</a>
Threads posted to last over 500 days ago in the General, Show, and Hijack-Free Zone forums were purged.

Libman, I feel your pain. It's like burning the Library of Alexandria.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »

There was over 500k posts here yesterday. There aren't that many now. Oh well.

Zactly. Congrats on the shiny new badge too BJ :)

Libman: I suggest a more Buddhist approach. Being clingy is not good. If you've forgotten anything you typed, then it must not have been that precious to you in the first place.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »

We feel your pain, but there's nothing to be done about it. You should try to detach yourself a little from the site. Is this worth the stress its giving you?

To quote some zen/type source: Can you do something to change the problem? If yes, do it. If not, then there you are.

EDIT: FUCK I cannot post on here without damn new replies bumping in front of me. Someone even beat me with my message content, twice.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 11:29:11 PM »

EDIT: FUCK I cannot post on here without damn new replies bumping in front of me. Someone even beat me with my message content, twice.

Can you do something to change the problem? If yes, do it. If not, then there you are.

EDIT: FUCK someone already posted this quote ahead of me, twice.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:45:19 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:55 PM »

Ha!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Alex Libman

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »

Can anyone find, for example, that DNF thread I've mentioned through Archive.org?  Google and other search engines seem to have only a fraction of the site, and their cache will eventually get purged.  If no one has backup, then we're fucked.

I refuse to live in a universe where such stupidity is possible, in the #1 forum of the one movement that was supposed to be rational and good, which I've sacrificed everything for.  Death is the only thing left.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 11:51:29 PM »

Lol, thanks for the advice.

Edit:  Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 11:55:10 PM »

If no one has backup, then we're fucked.

No, YOU'RE fucked. I dont think anyone else really gives a fuck. Luckily for you, I have the whole site saved to disk as of 3 weeks ago, 50 pages deep with all posts on the board just incase something happened to the site.  Got the advertising links, posts, everything but the show archive links.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09:06 AM »

No, YOU'RE fucked. I dont think anyone else really gives a fuck. Luckily for you, I have the whole site saved to disk as of 3 weeks ago, 50 pages deep with all posts on the board just incase something happened to the site.  Got the advertising links, posts, everything but the show archive links.

Uh oh.  Now you can undercut Ian.  Maybe sell it to Libman for just $800k or so.  There might even be a crash in the FTL BBS market just like the housing market.

I'll go ahead and bid $1 for Libman's other testicle.  I don't actually want it, but I figure I'll be nice and try to stimulate the bidding.  Don't send it to me.  Just dispose of it properly so it's not re-attachable.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »

This place is only important because there are boobs posted in multiple places!
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:01 AM »

Uh oh.  Now you can undercut Ian.  Maybe sell it to Libman for just $800k or so.  There might even be a crash in the FTL BBS market just like the housing market.

I'll go ahead and bid $1 for Libman's other testicle.  I don't actually want it, but I figure I'll be nice and try to stimulate the bidding.  Don't send it to me.  Just dispose of it properly so it's not re-attachable.

I think the slap-chop will suffice...... IT CHOPS NUTS!!!!!

Ok, we got a dollar. One dolla one dolla, imabid dolla dolla one dolla, lookin for 2 dolla bid a dolla Libman 2 dolla ..............
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:49:37 AM by quickmike »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  WTF?!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.