Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Wow. In "Communist" China, they actually arrest police who shoot people...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow. In "Communist" China, they actually arrest police who shoot people...  (Read 5173 times)

ChristianAnarchist

• God is a reality - you are a concept...
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Question Authority - Beware the cult of government
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bang Theory - In the beginning there was nothing... which exploded...

In China, the cops get arrested, in the USA, they get a paid vacation and then a ruling that the shooting was "justified"...

http://english.sina.com/china/2011/0419/369560.html

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick

So basically, what you're saying is, if I decide to become a pig, I'd wanna do it in the US.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

alaric89

• View Profile

In China, the cops get arrested, in the USA, they get a paid vacation and then a ruling that the shooting was "justified"...

http://english.sina.com/china/2011/0419/369560.html

Easy enough to explain. In China there are no Christians in the government. Evidently they learn a less hypocritical theology.

BobRobertson

• View Profile

Easy enough to explain. In China there are no Christians in the government. Evidently they learn a less hypocritical theology.

Both the Taoist and Confuscian traditions are very strict where those in a place in authority owe their citizens respect.

That's not to say they don't have bureaucratic problems, but the bureaucrats as INDIVIDUALS have much less protection for the results of their INDIVIDUAL actions than the unionized bureaucrats in the USA.

Some day Deung Chow Ping is going to be hailed as a real hero, for turning China back on the road toward individual liberty (on the road, not there yet) the same way that Jefferson is for his Declaration of Independence.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

alaric89

• View Profile

Oh.
I had no idea, but it makes sense. I just used the opportunity to bust on gene and his Skywizard son religion. :lol:

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile

Oh.
I had no idea, but it makes sense. I just used the opportunity to bust on gene and his Skywizard son religion. :lol:

Well, you have only become a victor in your own mind...  I hope that is sufficient for you... 

SeanD

• View Profile

So basically, what you're saying is, if I decide to become a pig, I'd wanna do it in the US.

No.  If you want to be an asshole cop that is more interested in gratuitous display of your own power than protecting and serving then you want to do it here where the sheeple will buckle and give you whatever you want.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

No.  If you want to be an asshole cop that is more interested in gratuitous display of your own power than protecting and serving then you want to do it here where the sheeple will buckle and give you whatever you want.

Well yeah, why else would I want to be a pig? The fancy badges and coffee breaks?

If I want to protect and serve, I get a firearm for personal protection and a real fucking J-O-B that actually produces something of value.

alaric89

• View Profile

Oh.

Well, you have only become a victor in your own mind...  I hope that is sufficient for you... 

Victor of what? I am a Deist, I probably believe in a higher power more strongly than you do. Why do Christians have a complete lack of humour when they discuss their beliefs? In my experience people who are truly compatent in what they do don't mind arguments about it.

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile

Oh.

Victor of what? I am a Deist, I probably believe in a higher power more strongly than you do. Why do Christians have a complete lack of humour when they discuss their beliefs? In my experience people who are truly compatent in what they do don't mind arguments about it.

Victor as far as "busting" me.  It's only occurred in your mind.  As far as discussion, I never shy away from real discussion (as evidenced in my thread of 6 years).  It's people who simply want to be rude or disruptive that bother me and this forum excels in that type of behavior.  Maybe you are not one of them, I don't know.

alaric89

• View Profile

I am not a troll. I only harmlessly bust on people I like.
Bust on us deists, I'll laugh.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:30:34 AM by alaric89 »

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I am a Deist, I probably believe in a higher power more strongly than you do.

Maybe you believe more strongly than I do about the higher power, but I bet the higher power im thinking of is actually bigger, stronger, and meaner than the one you're thinking of. Even though you believe it more strongly than I do. Thats just what I believe though. How strongly I believe that.............. I'm not so sure.

Riddler

on another note:
hows a poli lineup work over there?
they all rook arike......

ChristianAnarchist

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile

Ok.  Do I have to lock this thread too???

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Ok.  Do I have to lock this thread too???

I dont know.

Ask yourself.............

What would Jesus do? (iffins he had internet back in the day)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Wow. In "Communist" China, they actually arrest police who shoot people...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.