Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would you?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you?  (Read 1763 times)

davann

Would you?
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »

During my lunch break today I was out running around doing errands and was approached by two 30'ish year old people. A male and female. The female was attractive, the male was short. Both were crack/meth head skinny. They asked for a ride up around the block. The temp was approaching 105 or there around. I did a quick assessment and agreed to their request.

Would have done the same? Why or why not?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Re: Would you?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

sometimes i do.  sometimes i don't

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »

No.  A block is not that far, even in 105 degree weather.  And I'm pretty strong, but I probably couldn't take a male and female adult together even if they were skinny.  I would, however, give them a bottle of something cold to drink if I had one. 

Still, it was kind of you to do. 

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »

No, I don't trust people just off the street like that. It's kind of a standard policy. The bad apples spoiled the bunch for me.
Pocho

davann

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:02:19 PM »

For some reason I seemed to be drawn to people that are having difficulties. One upside for me while living in Vegas is that I am like a giant. Hispanics and asians all tend to be much smaller then me and when in situations like the above I rarely feel threatened. This is a good thing as I am more willing to lend support if asked politely and a bad thing as I am risking it all just to lend a hand. A gun makes the diff in sizes mute.

Doing things like this should make me feel good for doing some thing nice, which I should do more often, but always end up bumming me out. With the economic issues of today I bet these types of situations are going to increase and it might start to be safer to help people out. Less chance of a scam and an increased chance of running into those that really need help. If that makes sense.

Oh, also it was several city blocks and while not impossible to walk in the heat (I've done it) it would have been brutal.

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 10:56:32 PM »

I've said no when a creepy guy asked me for a ride once.  That aside, I usually say yes.

I don't drive anymore though.  Gulchin' ain't easy...

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:03 PM »

No fucking way. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »

For some reason I seemed to be drawn to people that are having difficulties. One upside for me while living in Vegas is that I am like a giant. Hispanics and asians all tend to be much smaller then me and when in situations like the above I rarely feel threatened. This is a good thing as I am more willing to lend support if asked politely and a bad thing as I am risking it all just to lend a hand. A gun makes the diff in sizes mute.

Doing things like this should make me feel good for doing some thing nice, which I should do more often, but always end up bumming me out. With the economic issues of today I bet these types of situations are going to increase and it might start to be safer to help people out. Less chance of a scam and an increased chance of running into those that really need help. If that makes sense.

Oh, also it was several city blocks and while not impossible to walk in the heat (I've done it) it would have been brutal.

Yeah it was really nice of you. I would just advise to ask a lot of questions if you are going to do anything like this to see if you can trip them up.
Pocho

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 02:23:36 AM »

The skinny-meth head dude might have worried me, but if my car was clean I probably would.  But I usually have lots of junk in the seats that I wouldnt want stolen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would you?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 32 queries.