Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would America be invaded with no Federal government?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would America be invaded with no Federal government?  (Read 11097 times)

davann

Re: Would America be invaded with no Federal government?
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »

Why would England invade Maine when Ireland is so much closer and about the same size?

They tried that already.

And, even though they followed Genghis Khan's advice and pretty much genetically replaced the Irish with English, they still couldn't get the population to settle down and admit defeat.

Are you saying the population of Maine would just roll over and play dead?

I thought they already were playing dead. Have you ever been there? Dreadful place.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »

Meh, your age doesnt show on a great movie like that one. Wolverines!

Could someone cite the movie so I can look it up on NetFlix?

Are you being serious? O_O
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Stoker

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »

Wolverines!

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »

Movie was made 26 years ago.  On the tail end of the cold war a few years before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 11:48:50 PM »

So the debate is pretty much settled right, America wouldn't be invaded without the Fed Gov since we would go Wolverine on their ass, but more like a first world version of what is going on in Iraq. We would form voluntary militias as needed similar to the anarchists in the Spanish Civil War, use our information networks and education to spread successful tactics and movements, and otherwise perform such acts of rebellion that any invaders couldn't hope to occupy for long. Finally with such simple constructs as the 4winds shotgun and the fact that we have more guns than people means that literally every person can be considered armed.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 03:47:44 AM »

if there was just 50 separate states it would be easy, unless they allied made a confederation instead of federation it would be almost like having the federal government only you would need to take over 50 states instead of just D.C. and the few states whom would break of and defend themselves if D.C. was taken

And if there were no states and most people were voluntarists they would have to Destroy every single city and kill everyone and/or  "re educate" the populace, And the enemy would have to move into theses areas with massive numbers to maintain control due to there being no centralized defense center. otherwise it would be like a un-ending iraq situation with groups of freedom fighters launching attacks on the enemies, with weapons more powerful then IED's especially if the enemy doesn't have overwhelming numbers or arms to maintain a Very strong hold of the area.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »

Oh! _Red Dawn_. Got it, thanks.

I was living in Grand Junction, CO, when it was filmed, and was so glad to leave that I didn't want to be reminded by seeing the movie. I did see the scene of their raiding the gun shop early on, which was cool.

Thanks again.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »

Similar to the scene in Dawn of The Dead where they were couped up in that shopping mall and had something like 200 different guns and buttloads of ammo to choose from in the gun store.  Awesome !!! How often do you see gun stores in shopping malls nowadays?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »

Similar to the scene in Dawn of The Dead where they were couped up in that shopping mall and had something like 200 different guns and buttloads of ammo to choose from in the gun store.  Awesome !!! How often do you see gun stores in shopping malls nowadays?
When I lived in denver a few years back, there was a store in the mall that sold guns.

Stoker

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:54 PM »

About as often as you see shotguns in schools. When I went to school you could bring weapons (unloaded) and put them in your locker. There was a skeet class/club and a local gun club held "hunter's safety" (gun training required to get a hunting license in MI)classes on the schoolgrounds which are around a square mile I think.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »

About as often as you see shotguns in schools. When I went to school you could bring weapons (unloaded) and put them in your locker. There was a skeet class/club and a local gun club held "hunter's safety" (gun training required to get a hunting license in MI)classes on the schoolgrounds which are around a square mile I think.

We had skeet shooting as well but you still had to leave your shotgun out in the car.  You would have to take it out to walk onto the practice field.  You were not allowed to bring the gun into any of the school buildings.  That became a rule after some guy walked into a high school and shot his girlfriend with a shotgun.  She didn't die and he ended up in prison or a mental hospital.  In a way I never wanted to drag my shotgun into school then walk it all the way out to the practice field.  The car parking was much closer to the field.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

I took hunters safety at my school too and we were allowed guns. It was only in the agricultural room and workshop/outside area.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »

if there was just 50 separate states it would be easy, unless they allied made a confederation instead of federation it would be almost like having the federal government only you would need to take over 50 states instead of just D.C. and the few states whom would break of and defend themselves if D.C. was taken

And if there were no states and most people were voluntarists they would have to Destroy every single city and kill everyone and/or  "re educate" the populace, And the enemy would have to move into theses areas with massive numbers to maintain control due to there being no centralized defense center. otherwise it would be like a un-ending iraq situation with groups of freedom fighters launching attacks on the enemies, with weapons more powerful then IED's especially if the enemy doesn't have overwhelming numbers or arms to maintain a Very strong hold of the area.
Yes, but I think it would also be more likely that certain spots would be invaded by war mongering "Mongolians" a few times before they were pushed out.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would America be invaded with no Federal government?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 32 queries.