Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would America be invaded with no Federal government?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Would America be invaded with no Federal government?  (Read 11096 times)

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
Re: Would America be invaded with no Federal government?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »

Not until you get to definition #5 on dictionary.com. It usually has connotations of secrecy and ill intent.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Stoker

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »

Not until you get to definition #5 on dictionary.com. It usually has connotations of secrecy and ill intent.

So definition #5 isn't valid anymore ? Is this proof that there is a number based conspiracy against the definition of conspiracy? Or, is this a deeper conspiracy against the 5th definition of all words??? Where does it all end?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:26:09 PM by Stoker »

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »

The point is that when most people use the word, they mean it in the sense by which most other people understand it. That's sort of the purpose of language, and people who engage in conversation implicitly accept the responsibility to seek to understand what their fellow conversationalists are saying, so long as the latter are not committing errors in their use of language.

For example, when the average person says "conspiracy" they mean "ill-intentioned plans made in secret," not "people doing things together". The latter definition renders the term useless, because it is not distinct from the many other terms descriptive of human interaction.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »

Everything's a conspiracy.  :roll:

Fact : The Media has been saying that it is really easy to get a Blackmarket nuke for about 30 years now.

Fact: Nobody has gotten one.

Fact: The people who benefit from this are the same ones selling the lie.

Figure it out. Or not. If you are not smart enough to connect the dots about how we are being lied to, your opinion really doesn't matter.

Figure it out.  If you're not smart enough to know that evil people do evil things and it's not always a conspiracy, then you're a fucking idiot.  Just about every other post you leave implies there's a conspiracy about something or the other.

As far as I know, if "people" do anything it is a conspiracy. Who's the idiot?

You are.  If "people" do anything, it's not necessarily a conspiracy unless they...wait for it...wait for it...conspire.

So definition #5 isn't valid anymore ? Is this proof that there is a number based conspiracy against the definition of conspiracy? Or, is this a deeper conspiracy against the 5th definition of all words??? Where does it all end?

QED.  Everything's a "conspiracy" with you.

Stoker

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

The point is that when most people use the word, they mean it in the sense by which most other people understand it. That's sort of the purpose of language, and people who engage in conversation implicitly accept the responsibility to seek to understand what their fellow conversationalists are saying, so long as the latter are not committing errors in their use of language.

For example, when the average person says "conspiracy" they mean "ill-intentioned plans made in secret," not "people doing things together". The latter definition renders the term useless, because it is not distinct from the many other terms descriptive of human interaction.

Where is your proof? This is obviously a conspiracy theory.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 09:55:55 PM »

I interpret the question to mean if the USA wasn't big it would be invaded.  There are countries smaller than many of our states.  What keeps other countries from invading smaller countries?  Why would England invade Maine when Ireland is so much closer and about the same size?

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile

Stoker

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »

Good point sir

You are quite welcome old chap, anytime.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 10:15:55 PM »

Why would England invade Maine when Ireland is so much closer and about the same size?

They tried that already.

And, even though they followed Genghis Khan's advice and pretty much genetically replaced the Irish with English, they still couldn't get the population to settle down and admit defeat.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »

Why would England invade Maine when Ireland is so much closer and about the same size?

They tried that already.

And, even though they followed Genghis Khan's advice and pretty much genetically replaced the Irish with English, they still couldn't get the population to settle down and admit defeat.

Are you saying the population of Maine would just roll over and play dead?

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »

No. I'm saying that, if the spirit of resistance is somehow preserved, a people cannot be conquered. Only killed.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:51 PM »

No. I'm saying that, if the spirit of resistance is somehow preserved, a people cannot be conquered. Only killed.

Wolverines!
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »

Wolverines!

Ha ha,  I don't know if it is sad I am old enough to know that reference. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »

Wolverines!

Ha ha,  I don't know if it is sad I am old enough to know that reference. 

Meh, your age doesnt show on a great movie like that one. Wolverines!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »

Meh, your age doesnt show on a great movie like that one. Wolverines!

Could someone cite the movie so I can look it up on NetFlix?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would America be invaded with no Federal government?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.