Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would America be invaded with no Federal government?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Would America be invaded with no Federal government?  (Read 11093 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Would America be invaded with no Federal government?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 03:24:15 PM »

The Russians would have done it.  But probably nothing to fear from anyone else nowadays.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Stoker

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »

The Russians would have done it.  But probably nothing to fear from anyone else nowadays.

The people who are most likely to pop a nuke in America is our own military/government. They have de-facto complete control over the country, and now all that is required is for them to blow something up to scare the living shit out of the populace (again) thus making "us" beg to be "protected" from whatever boogieman they choose to blame it on by giving up the last vestiges of freedom, and thus complete the total takeover of our once proud and free republic.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 03:39:17 PM »

Unfortunately this isn't true. There are people insane enough to do this, they have proven it, and they have the largest stockpile of Nuclear Weapons in the world.

Nuclear weapons have only ever been used when there was no plausible threat of retaliation. And now that MAD is no longer seriously considered as a viable strategy, for some reason both the US and other nuclear powers are disarming. Not just scaling back production, but actually disarming. Fact is, there is no real opportunity for positive gain, either in terms of power or wealth, through a nuclear attack. Even the politicians, dense as they are, are realizing that.

And by the way, if a power capable of a nuclear attack and insane enough to do it really wanted to nuke Americans, it's not like the Federal government would necessarily stop them. Nukes are small, the coast is vast.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:43:32 PM by MacFall »
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »

I saw a documentary once where a reporter went to the middle east to see how easy it was to buy a nuke. He found a contract who claimed he had one buried in his mothers back yard. Apparently the guy was telling the truth. His price? 1 million USD. If anyone wanted one, they could get one.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Stoker

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:22 PM »

I saw a documentary once where a reporter went to the middle east to see how easy it was to buy a nuke. He found a contract who claimed he had one buried in his mothers back yard. Apparently the guy was telling the truth. His price? 1 million USD. If anyone wanted one, they could get one.

That is disinformation to create a false impression in peoples heads, thereby making it seem self-evident that "terrorists" are responsible when an American city is nuked, or, that dupes are "caught before they can do it", thus making the Government look like heroes for stopping it and saving us all."Thank you for saving us oh glorious and brave Government!! Please take away any remaining rights we have to make sure this doesn't happen again, and oh, take all of our money too, keeping us safe is VERY expensive!"

If it were that easy to get nukes Israel would be a shiny fucking parking lot dude. Wake the fuck up, we are being HAD.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »

Everything's a conspiracy.  :roll:

Stoker

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »

Fact : The Media has been saying that it is really easy to get a Blackmarket nuke for about 30 years now.

Fact: Nobody has gotten one.

Fact: The people who benefit from this are the same ones selling the lie.

Figure it out. Or not. If you are not smart enough to connect the dots about how we are being lied to, your opinion really doesn't matter.

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »

There are people insane enough to do this, they have proven it, and they have the largest stockpile of Nuclear Weapons in the world.

Indeed, they also operate with sovereign immunity and tax funding.

I think we're talking about what happens if those things either went away, or were only exercisable at a much lower level, such as 50 separate polities who couldn't tax each other.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

Stoker

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »

There are people insane enough to do this, they have proven it, and they have the largest stockpile of Nuclear Weapons in the world.

Indeed, they also operate with sovereign immunity and tax funding.

I think we're talking about what happens if those things either went away, or were only exercisable at a much lower level, such as 50 separate polities who couldn't tax each other.

Right, I was wandering from the thread topic a bit there. Soooo...

In this fantasy- no- federal government scenario, I think I would move back to Wyoming where I spent a couple of summers. They have the most nukes, and any invader would have to plow through tens of millions of pissed off people before they got there, unless of course it was Canada doing the invading. :?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 07:29:18 PM »

Fact : The Media has been saying that it is really easy to get a Blackmarket nuke for about 30 years now.

Figure it out. Or not. If you are not smart enough to connect the dots about how we are being lied to, your opinion really doesn't matter.

This was an independent documentary. The point of it was, anyone can get a nuke but nobody wants one. Also, you have to be able to drop the nuke anyway. It was a very believable video. I wish I could find it again but I cannot as of yet. I've posted some excellent videos on this bbs before, hopefully I can reward you people with this one. To the (FF) library!
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »

In keeping with the criteria for the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, nuclear weapons should be the only Wonder of the Modern World.  Like pyramids and colossi, nuclear weapons can only be built and maintained through slavery.

Oh, but the pyramids weren't built by slaves, you say?  BS, I say.  Something paid the bills, and it wasn't the productivity or overwhelming love towards a series of inbred trannys or even the fervor of religion.

Without slaves, you can buy a nuke cheap.  Of course you can.  The bill for maintaining them in safe (let alone functional) condition is astronomical.  It's a buyer's market.

You can bury a nuke in mom's back yard.  Insert joke about not loving mom here.

You can dig it back up.  I wouldn't recommend it, but you can do whatever you want.

You can load it in the back of a truck and drive it someplace.  OK, you can't do that, but you can pay a series of people to do it.  When one dies, the next one can take the wheel.  Of course, every dead driver raises the going rate for driving your nuke exponentially.

You can park it in the middle of a financial district and pack explosives all around it (because, even if you have a trigger, at this point it ain't gonna do squat) and even detonate the explosives.  You can kill scores of people within the blast radius (of the explosives, because you won't get critical mass).

Two weeks later, one or two pumper trucks will hose everything into the sewer and that'll be that.

No slaves, no mushroom cloud.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »

The people who are most likely to pop a nuke in America is our own military/government. They have de-facto complete control over the country, and now all that is required is for them to blow something up to scare the living shit out of the populace (again) thus making "us" beg to be "protected" from whatever boogieman they choose to blame it on by giving up the last vestiges of freedom, and thus complete the total takeover of our once proud and free republic.

this

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 02:13:45 PM »

In keeping with the criteria for the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, nuclear weapons should be the only Wonder of the Modern World.  Like pyramids and colossi, nuclear weapons can only be built and maintained through slavery.

Oh, but the pyramids weren't built by slaves, you say?  BS, I say.  Something paid the bills, and it wasn't the productivity or overwhelming love towards a series of inbred trannys or even the fervor of religion.

Without slaves, you can buy a nuke cheap.  Of course you can.  The bill for maintaining them in safe (let alone functional) condition is astronomical.  It's a buyer's market.

You can bury a nuke in mom's back yard.  Insert joke about not loving mom here.

You can dig it back up.  I wouldn't recommend it, but you can do whatever you want.

You can load it in the back of a truck and drive it someplace.  OK, you can't do that, but you can pay a series of people to do it.  When one dies, the next one can take the wheel.  Of course, every dead driver raises the going rate for driving your nuke exponentially.

You can park it in the middle of a financial district and pack explosives all around it (because, even if you have a trigger, at this point it ain't gonna do squat) and even detonate the explosives.  You can kill scores of people within the blast radius (of the explosives, because you won't get critical mass).

Two weeks later, one or two pumper trucks will hose everything into the sewer and that'll be that.

No slaves, no mushroom cloud.

Nice post.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »

Everything's a conspiracy.  :roll:

Figure it out.  If you're not smart enough to know that evil people do evil things and it's not always a conspiracy, then you're a fucking idiot.  Just about every other post you leave implies there's a conspiracy about something or the other.

Stoker

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

Everything's a conspiracy.  :roll:

Figure it out.  If you're not smart enough to know that evil people do evil things and it's not always a conspiracy, then you're a fucking idiot.  Just about every other post you leave implies there's a conspiracy about something or the other.

As far as I know, if "people" do anything it is a conspiracy. Who's the idiot?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Would America be invaded with no Federal government?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 32 queries.