Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Wikipedia entries
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wikipedia entries  (Read 1783 times)

Neal Jayu

• wears asian speedos
    • View Profile
Wikipedia entries
« on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:37 PM »

The wikipedia article on the FSP needs sections on PorcFest and the New Hampshire Liberty Forum.

Also, I added the vertical promo banner on the Liberty Forum entry, but it was deleted because it was under an "unfree" licence, even though I provided documentation and e-mail communication. If someone would like to deal with the rights to the banner, that'd be great.

Oh and, don't you just hate Wikipedia editors? They're always such anal-retentives on powertrips. They deleted my article on the Republic of New Hampshire too, even though there are dozens of others listed in their Category:Secession in the United States. (By the way, the FSP is listed in that category, even though we're officially non-secessionist!)

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
Re: Wikipedia entries
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 02:44:32 PM »

Wikipedia is what it is. If you intend to put stuff on there, you have to follow their rules.

theghostofbj

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 04:21:53 PM »

(By the way, the FSP is listed in that category, even though we're officially non-secessionist!)

They were originally.

Alex Libman

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »

(+1 for creative and functional use of color formatting)

Wikipedia requires patience.  I created redirect links from titles like PorcFest (in various casing combinations) to the Free State Project article - I don't think they'll delete those.  The next step is, like Neal said, to add those sections to the main article.  Once those sections are detailed enough, well-referenced enough, and have stood the test of time, we can safely spin them off into separate articles.

That N.H.L.F. article that I started needs more work, but I'm not really in the loop so...  I hope it'll be expanded by someone who was actually there...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:45:16 PM by Alex Libman »

lordmetroid

• Agorist of the Libertarian Left
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

You have to have your articles sourced from material written, said by third party. If you have at least two you can show notability or if there is no such sourceing available you have to establish notability in some other way. I detest their policies but there isn't much one can do.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:56:34 PM »

So rm the FSP from the secessionist category... that's the whole point of WikiPedia...

Libertiki

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

The Wikipedia people hate me and i don't care too much for them. I do however like the people at Wikiversity. They aren't like most of the people at Wikipedia.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 01:16:38 AM »

I don't hate you... yet...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Wikipedia entries

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.