Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  why bother
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: why bother  (Read 7122 times)

theghostofbj

Re: why bother
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 11:01:21 PM »

Someone get him some Gatoraide.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »

I just do it for funsies.  I like stirrin' shit up.
Your desire to stir shit up is futile

Jason Orr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 11:35:56 PM »

States are self-destructive, so there is always hope.  They're like balloons, growing larger and larger until they pop and are reduced to scraps of their former selves.  So don't worry; this ship is sinking.  What we need to concentrate on is circulating the idea of freedom so when this empire falls, we don't replace it with another one.
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money”

--Alexis de Tocqueville

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 11:58:05 PM »

Here, here!  Well said.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 02:17:59 PM »

Like you have so many other important things to do that you dont have time to spread the message of liberty.

It isn't a chore if you are passionate about it.
Go figure...

RAD!

money dollars

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »

Here's what you do:

Purchase a gun. Get some ammo. Load the gun. Turn off the safety. Put it to your head. Pull the trigger.

Problem solved.

Just don't use military surplus ammo.

You can borrow my suicide machine.

theghostofbj

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »

Hand pain, ow.

ladyattis

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 04:00:32 PM »

Why bother? Because it's your life, you have the right to defend it. Even if it means to your death. That sort of conviction tells much about your character, since if you stand up for yourself it means you are who you want to be: a human. And we're not talking about doing the suicide bomber thing, we're talking about fighting any way you can to live the life you rightfully earn of your own effort. Be it through business, political protest, or outright revolution, you are asserting a defense of that life of yours. We're not like that starving kid that Taors put up, completely helpless to the actions of others, we do have a choice by comparison. And that's good thing, because when we stand up for ourselves, we're in some capacity standing up for kids like that one, those that have no voice, no choice, and no chance. We don't do it for them, we do it for ourselves, but it still carries the same hope that child has for a better future. A future not marred by evil, injustice, and insanity. A future we make everyday. A future that is all our own. To look forward, not back.

-- Brede

money dollars

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 04:10:58 PM »

Hand pain, ow.
My hand hurt for a week after shooting slugs at the range.....and I couldn't shoot a pistol for shit after that...Buck and bird shot isn't as bad.....

I need to put the fore grip back on......

Taors

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »

Why bother? Because it's your life, you have the right to defend it. Even if it means to your death. That sort of conviction tells much about your character, since if you stand up for yourself it means you are who you want to be: a human. And we're not talking about doing the suicide bomber thing, we're talking about fighting any way you can to live the life you rightfully earn of your own effort. Be it through business, political protest, or outright revolution, you are asserting a defense of that life of yours. We're not like that starving kid that Taors put up, completely helpless to the actions of others, we do have a choice by comparison. And that's good thing, because when we stand up for ourselves, we're in some capacity standing up for kids like that one, those that have no voice, no choice, and no chance. We don't do it for them, we do it for ourselves, but it still carries the same hope that child has for a better future. A future not marred by evil, injustice, and insanity. A future we make everyday. A future that is all our own. To look forward, not back.

-- Brede

Applause until the end of time.

ladyattis

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 01:59:40 AM »

http://kano-nous.blogspot.com/2007/04/why-bother-because-theres-more.html <-- Inspired by that picture that Taors posted.

-- Brede

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 10:35:38 AM »

there is one flaw no one cares
I guess the 60+ people who showed up at the free-stater meeting in Manchester yesterday didn't care.
They sure did a good job of hiding their apathy ;)

Taors

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »

tc2007

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »

Here's what you do:

Purchase a gun. Get some ammo. Load the gun. Turn off the safety. Put it to your head. Pull the trigger.

Problem solved.

Damn thing about it is, that it is even illegal to do that. :lol:

theghostofbj

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 03:37:39 PM »

Hand pain, ow.
My hand hurt for a week after shooting slugs at the range.....and I couldn't shoot a pistol for shit after that...Buck and bird shot isn't as bad.....

I need to put the fore grip back on......

http://www.break.com/index/painful_nut_shot.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  why bother

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.