Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Whose The Most Annoying Religious Person You’ve Encountered?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Whose The Most Annoying Religious Person You’ve Encountered?  (Read 9504 times)

Richard Garner

• View Profile
Re: Whose The Most Annoying Religious Person You’ve Encountered?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »

A Pentecostal hag who desperately wanted me to strangle her in my kitchen.

I've heard that some 200 Americans die from erotic asphyxiation a year. Was she planning on joining them?!

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »

I've heard that some 200 Americans die from erotic asphyxiation a year. Was she planning on joining them?!

does that include canadians?
Do yourself a favor.

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »

Gene's pretty high on my list. My ex-fiance's mother was also really obnoxious. She explained to me once that she was trying to "pave a path to the Celestial Kingdom" for her son. I was a feminist (by SE Idaho standards) and an atheist, and unfit for her son.

He still lives in their basement and plays WoW, I think. I wonder if he'll get into the Celestial Kingdom with his level 80 Paladin.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

dynamitejack

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 07:30:20 PM »

This lady came up to me at work and said "You look like you could use a good story" not one to turn down a good story I told here to go ahead and she said: "In Florida a group of atheists approached a judge complaining about all the religious holidays and demanded that they (the atheists) wanted a holiday. So the Judge replied to the atheists "I will give you guys a holiday, you can share one with April Fools day because without God you are a fool""

I laughed and asked her if she thought I was a fool, she gave me a funny look and walked away.
Can you handle the death,
Accept what we create together?
I still know every politician
Is a fucking monster.
Culture kills bureaucrats
And all other undesireables.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »

where do you work?
Do yourself a favor.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »

I had never heard of Dominionism until I started posting on the Ron Paul Liberty Tree forums. I tend to be pretty tolerant of other people's beliefs, even if I think they're fools. However, I will not sit by while someone either mocks or misrepresents my religious philosophy, which is Deism. Two Dominionist fuckheads, BeFranklin and Theocrat, have repeatedly denigrated me based on my beliefs. To them I'm an immoral atheist who apparently deserves to be violently put to death by the State for how I live my life. Apparently, to these douchenozzels, if you're not a Christian (let alone a Fundamentalist jackhole), you're automatically an ATHEIST with a Capital A.

To tell the truth, I don't think I would piss on them if they were on fire.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 11:44:20 PM »

Some guy I knew in college didn't come back from X-mas vacation b/c he choked himself out with his cock in his hand.  What a sad day it most have been when his parents kicked in the door: (

patrickj

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 07:33:29 AM »

I could see Gene being annoying to some, but i never thought his religion had anything to do with his annoyingness.  Every time i have heard him, he has made points based on his religion, but he has never forced it upon anybody that i'm aware of.  If he really is an voluntaryist/anarchist, then it would be against his ideology to do so.  Any examples that i'm unaware of?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »

I could see Gene being annoying to some, but i never thought his religion had anything to do with his annoyingness.  Every time i have heard him, he has made points based on his religion, but he has never forced it upon anybody that i'm aware of.  If he really is an voluntaryist/anarchist, then it would be against his ideology to do so.  Any examples that i'm unaware of?

It's pretty hard for an individual to force his religion on somebody-- all he can do is be obnoxious about it, which Gene certainly is.  Forcing religion on people takes government. 

patrickj

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »

Ive never heard him say people who aren't christian are bad, or tell anyone what to believe.  I would call him religiously eccentric; surely not dominative.  Maybe i'm missing something. 

Also, forcing religion on people can be done without government. 

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »

Years ago, when I worked as a boiler mechanic, there was a Christian cretin in the shop by the name of Pete who tried to convert anyone within earshot. No one wanted to work with Pete! He'd ramble on all day long about his goddamn holy kingdom. The level of self-righteous bullshit you had to put up with all day long was enduring.

I'll bet Pete religion-proofed most of the shop.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Brisco County, Jr.

• Always looking for the coming thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »

Did she handle your snake first.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 11:17:39 AM »

Ive never heard him say people who aren't christian are bad, or tell anyone what to believe.  I would call him religiously eccentric; surely not dominative.  Maybe i'm missing something.

He's intellectually dishonest, which is what makes him maddening to try and debate with.  He goes on about how you can't trust scientists, but the Bible has been "proven" accurate.  He admits something one day and denies it the next.  He asserts that you can't have moral authority without God, and then admits that you can't know who God is, what God wants, or if there even is  a God.  In short, his religious belief is more important to him than his rationality, and that is scary indeed. 

Also, forcing religion on people can be done without government. 

Examples?  Browbeating someone is not force. 

ziggy_encaoua

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 11:55:30 AM »

I've heard that some 200 Americans die from erotic asphyxiation a year

But lets not forget that the most famous death from erotic asphyxiation was Aussie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Whose The Most Annoying Religious Person You’ve Encountered?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.