Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Who says that cops are mostly cowards?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who says that cops are mostly cowards?  (Read 2356 times)

think4yourself

• Voluntarist / Anarchist
  • Forgiving Trolls
    • View Profile
Who says that cops are mostly cowards?
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »

I've heard on FTL, more than once, a reference to someone who trains police and says that new recruits are mostly cowards, etc.

I have a friend who is a cop and I'm writing him about this topic. I want the evidence. What is the name of the guy who said this?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:25:17 PM by think4yourself »
[ insert something witty and freedom-oriented here ]

Libertarianssuck

Re: Who says that cops are mostly cowards?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »

It's pretty fuckin cowardly to enforce children instead of actually doing something valuable to catch real crimes with his tax payed hours.

[youtube=425,350]9GgWrV8TcUc[/youtube]

idk really maybe some are cowards maybe some arent but they are idiots

[youtube=425,350]RLkOddgjYuY[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:50:26 PM by Hideaki »

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »

That was more of an example of a cop being a bully, not a coward. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

blackie

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:53:29 PM »

There is nothing wrong with spitting on cops and soldiers.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »

There is something wrong with spitting on someone.  It is a good way to get your ass kicked, not that I would really disapprove of such an asskicking either. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

Seems like a property violation. Do they give up their rights when they become cops and soldiers?

blackie

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »

Seems like a property violation.
Then they should be able to sue for restitution.

tito887

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »

I've heard on FTL, more than once, a reference to someone who trains police and says that new recruits are mostly cowards, etc.

I have a friend who is a cop and I'm writing him about this topic. I want the evidence. What is the name of the guy who said this?

Thanks.

I understand your skepticism, and you have every right to be skeptical. I can say personally that when I went to the liberty forum in March I spoke with this gentlemen with Ian and a few other people on a few occasions. I can validate what Ian is saying. I know that doesn't mean much. I can only offer you my writings as a testament of what that police trainer told us about the recruits he was being asked to train. He told us about the extremely high level of recruits who did not belong in the profession. And how they were getting into it for all the wrong reasons . He spoke of the ones who were "badge heavy." And he also spoke of how the higher ups would try and give the failures a second chance so they could get through even though they did not belong there. I had no reason not believe him. That's what I an offer you as far as corroboration of the conversation, that was had with this police trainer.

Michael Garcia.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 05:10:46 AM »

Notice how cops are totally badass when they outnumber the group theyre trying to arrest?

If you watch a couple of soccer riots on youtube.com, you will see them run like chickens when theyre outnumbered, or outweaponed.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Lothar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:52:28 AM »

...a bully, not a coward. 

I've never heard anyone make that distinction before.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:18:48 AM »

I knew a former police man who told me his department knew for a fact where a drug dealer and gang in their small town lived.  But they didn't want to go in because they were aware it would be a blood bath and some of them could get seriously injured.   For some reason this dealer wasn't a big enough for the state police to get involved so they just elected to never go in an arrest the gang.  It seems they kept passing the buck up to the state and the state kept telling them to handle it.  But they knew for a fact that in all likely hood if they went in they would all get killed because this group out gunned them and had a sophisticated early warning system setup.  So there wasn't any way these guys could be taken unawares.  Instead the police department continued to arrest drug users in the hopes it would dry up the dealers customer pool.  I don't think that worked.   This police officer got so discussed with the whole system he left the force.

That isn't cowardly but smart to not go into a situation where you are facing death or serious injury.   Many of these officers don't agree with the stupidity of the laws they are asked to enforce.   And they don't think it is worth the 30K or less some of them make a year to risk their lives. 

Another thing he hated about being in the police was the town cops had the same training as any other officer in the state but they would looked down upon as being idiots.   That was another reason he left.

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 07:32:57 AM »

Seems like a property violation.
Then they should be able to sue for restitution.

Or punch you right on the nose. Then you can both sue for restitution :) Spitting on a cop is not going to help you, and spitting on a soldier, active duty or no, is dangerous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Who says that cops are mostly cowards?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.